Author Topic: Brand Loyalty  (Read 3672 times)

nitro89

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 88
Re: Brand Loyalty
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2022, 02:54:57 AM »
Boards:
Any 8.25 full se / 8.4 (Deluxe) 14.25wb

Trucks:
Venture (Deluxe again)

Wheels:
Spitfire f4's (surprise, surprise, Deluxe)

Hardware:
modus 7/8" (supporting the guys down under)
Jessup grip (works for me and as a bonus it doesn't kill shoes as quick as the mob)
Bronson bearings (NHS - sorry deluxe)

Clothing and apparel:
the Deluxe brands I skate as well as Passport as I'm really liking the quality/art direction right now plus there videos are great!

Shoes:
Adidas, been rocking the Matchbreak supers for a while now.

Guess I'm loyal to a few brands, all about the deluxe family tree though!

https://www.dlxsf.com/

"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

disappointed

• Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2022, 02:57:31 AM »
Shorty’s hardware.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2022, 03:11:59 AM »
I think its fucking hilarious that some of you think you need to be brand loyal to skateboard clothing LMAO
what has skateboarding done to you to make you feel like you owe them something?
isnt buying the hardware that works best for you enough? are you the same guys that hate on people for buying finer better quality clothing?

who are you people and why? have you ever worn non skate clothing? do you realize fabric and cut isnt only skate related? I have so many questions.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2022, 03:57:17 AM »
I think its fucking hilarious that some of you think you need to be brand loyal to skateboard clothing LMAO
what has skateboarding done to you to make you feel like you owe them something?
isnt buying the hardware that works best for you enough? are you the same guys that hate on people for buying finer better quality clothing?

who are you people and why? have you ever worn non skate clothing? do you realize fabric and cut isnt only skate related? I have so many questions.

I doubt you were referring to me, however it's pretty simple logic.
The more money you spend on the brand your favorite skaters skate for, the less said skaters will have to worry about getting a part-time or something.
Who would have thought that buying clothes would get more money into sponsored skaters pockets? Smh.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2022, 04:07:33 AM »

imo it all comes down to personal preference, if you skate on certain hardware (cos it works best for you) and you also like the design/aesthetics of those brands too then I don't see any problem with someone being 'loyal' to them and rocking there apparel on top. you show support for the brand/company/team to enable them to create more goods and videos etc. plus you have the added look good feel good bonus feature to boot.

people are and should be allowed to buy what they want with there money and they always will do, whether its thrifting at a bargain basement or full price retail in high snobiety. you don't have to be into a certain scene to rock varying styles of clothes or brands for that matter. you wear what you like and want and just do you.
if you like the products that much you'll become a repeat/loyal customer, that just makes sense. buying cars for example, if vw's are your thing you'll get vw's, if you like fords you'll stick to fords.

which is why skateboarding has so many different styles going on within it. depending on where you live, where you grew up, what music your into, who you skate with, what local you got involved with, whos your favourite skater etc. all these things influence you whether you realise it or not. so you cant hate or belittle anyone for just being themselves. you might not like it or agree with it but if it doesn't affect you why rise to it.

"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2022, 04:11:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I doubt you were referring to me, however it's pretty simple logic.
The more money you spend on the brand your favorite skaters skate for, the less said skaters will have to worry about getting a part-time or something.
Who would have thought that buying clothes would get more money into sponsored skaters pockets? Smh.
It can be even simpler(more selfish) than that. If I buy six boards a year from a brand I like then they should make enough money to make six more boards I can buy the next year.

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2022, 04:18:28 AM »
If you think brand loyaty is weird or lame, I will assume you are fairly young.
Why? Because as you get older and start to find things you like, but still waste money trying new shit and find yourself coming back to the same thing, you begin to stick with what works. It saves you money, boosts your confidence, etc.
Skate-related example: You like Bones Reds bearings. You had a set and they have been great. A sale pops up and you try some billy fuknutz bearings. (Not a real bearing company). They don’t last long and then you buy 2-3 other sets of different bearings over time only to end up with a new set of Reds after you use those ones up or they fail on you. Yup, you love them just like the first set. You find yourself buying Reds for life. They work for you and you rely on them. You always know what you are getting.
But….What the fuck do I know? I’m just some old guy on a message board.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2022, 04:21:46 AM »
Chris milic

Met him when I lived in Phoenix around like 2011, before welcome. I was working and going to college, kinda burned out on skating but watching him dick around Tempe park re sparked me 4 lyfe

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2022, 05:01:50 AM »
If you think brand loyaty is weird or lame, I will assume you are fairly young.
Why? Because as you get older and start to find things you like, but still waste money trying new shit and find yourself coming back to the same thing, you begin to stick with what works. It saves you money, boosts your confidence, etc.
Skate-related example: You like Bones Reds bearings. You had a set and they have been great. A sale pops up and you try some billy fuknutz bearings. (Not a real bearing company). They don’t last long and then you buy 2-3 other sets of different bearings over time only to end up with a new set of Reds after you use those ones up or they fail on you. Yup, you love them just like the first set. You find yourself buying Reds for life. They work for you and you rely on them. You always know what you are getting.
But….What the fuck do I know? I’m just some old guy on a message board.

I believe in the same things as you when it comes to hardware. you get used to it and also it gets you some extra confidence
when you know its not some weird thrown together board but the stuff you ride all the time.
but clothing?
the longer skateboarding as we know it is popular we will have new ams new pros and old retired pros. which means a shitload of companies that won't go away and a shitload of new companies that arrive.
i dont think ever in the history of skateboarding have more people been able to live a good live through skateboarding as a full time job. never have that many people been paid for doing a hobby.
maybe they dont get "enough" but hey its riding a fucking toy not actually working for our society/economy.
most of them who aren't paid enough just dont want to be billboards and I get it. but also go get a job than and do your hobby "mr. nobody can make profit from me but give me all of your money"

veritas

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2022, 05:18:25 AM »
Thunder
Spitfire
Adidas
Champion sweatshirts
Suave Men's shampoo
Poland Spring
Uni-ball Vision Roller Pens (blue)
The New York Post

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2022, 05:20:19 AM »
just buy the shit it works for you, no company (on any level) cares about us

c-dock

• Rep: 10
  • Lurker
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2022, 06:05:48 AM »
I can only really skate in Vans shoes so I guess that's my answer

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2022, 06:20:26 AM »
Coca Cola fuck Pepsi forever

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2022, 06:29:59 AM »
When I moved into my house I replaced most of the kitchen appliances with Frigidaire because the quality and pricepoint was pretty good, but also because their stainless steel models matched better than it would if you mixed up brands and I thought it would be weird if my stove was a lighter stainless steel than my refrigerator.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2022, 06:32:54 AM »
lil market research, lil dating mining.
brands are just companies, be loyal to yourself.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2022, 10:45:37 AM »
I have some loyalty to Orchard Skateshop in MA and buy their soft goods when I see something that I like.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2022, 11:37:30 AM »
Es, Indy, quantum bearings

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Welpok

• Rep: 12
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2022, 02:38:52 PM »
Foundation has my loyalty
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

makesureyoulandbolts

• Rep: -48
  • fuck you
    • SUPREME BITCH avatar image
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2022, 05:51:34 PM »
who tf cares bro just wear what you like and skate what you like. loyalty dont mean shit

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2022, 06:11:05 PM »
I once had an independent tattoo I thought was cool shit when I was a teenager.

but idk about brand loyalty. I tried all sorts of different shit when I started skating again late 2020, decks, wheels, trucks, shoes, bearings. None of it worked out. I've found that the same old shit works the best for me DLX 8.5, Indy 149/159, spitfire f4, bones Swiss, half cabs. no need to fuck with anything else.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2022, 06:15:23 PM »
I’m loyal to my dims, comfy fits & to them skreets; that’s it.
Oh, yeah… and to those homies that still hook a brother up.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

makesureyoulandbolts

• fuck you
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2022, 06:20:40 PM »

Fuck Dill and his fake ass company FA! Joey’s out there in the streets keeping it real. Team Burrito for life son.

cringe

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2022, 06:52:19 PM »
Boards: 14" wb, 7.625 / 7.75 / 7.81. Mostly the green Anti Hero eagle but if Alien made pointy nose / tail boards in this size, would use. Not really into any deck brands.
Also, I like small egg shapes. 8.3 as long as I can use 139s

Trucks: Indy 129 on regular board and 139 on egg

Wheels: Spitfire 48s, 50s, 52s on regular setup. Will use boardycakes 44s on egg or the SF 48s

Hardware: Shortys 7/8 Allen

Grip: Jessup

Clothing: I don't really wear "skate clothes" anymore. Definitely wouldn't buy a 70-150 dollar hoodie.

Shoes: Van's half cabs. I have 2 pairs of Adidas that hurt my feet and a pair of Nike team classics from my "trying new stuff" experiment a year ago... but I'm trying to finish them off asap to again, wear only half cabs

Also, I am bummed that I don't really follow any board brands. I miss liking a company so much that I would wear their shirts, hoodies, hats etc and only their boards. Due to picky sizes that aren't popular,  this got nixed

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2022, 07:04:00 PM »
Thunder
Spitfire
Adidas
Champion sweatshirts
Suave Men's shampoo
Poland Spring
Uni-ball Vision Roller Pens (blue)
The New York Post

I’m more partial to Moland Spring

DERBY

• Rep: 249
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2022, 07:08:16 PM »
spitfire for the f4s

fa for the shovel and steep concave (although i think a lot of their graphics are lame)

makesureyoulandbolts

• fuck you
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2022, 07:23:40 PM »

jessup? more like BUSSUP!! #mobgripmob #getnoscoped

DERBY

• Rep: 249
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2022, 07:29:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

jessup? more like BUSSUP!! #mobgripmob #getnoscoped

hiljentaa

• Rep: 304
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2022, 08:04:44 PM »
Shorty's 7/8" allen.

Counts as a Land

• Rep: 1
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2022, 08:08:27 PM »
I had so many pairs of Vans TNT shoes… I like him as a skater but it could’ve been anyones shoe.  For some reason those shoes just fit me perfect.

Also JT Aultz was really nice to me when I was younger so I used to always buy his boards any chance I got.  It’s nice to support the good ones.

Oh and Jessup all day
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 08:26:44 PM by Counts as a Land »

makesureyoulandbolts

• fuck you
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2022, 08:32:58 PM »
Quote from: Counts as a Land link=topic=120373.msg3728983#msg3728983 date=1643429307

Oh and Jessup all day
[/quote

that means you land bussups all day.