Author Topic: Randy Farkus - Aidan Mackey Part - FA  (Read 12032 times)

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -15
Re: Randy Farkus - Aidan Mackey Part - FA
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2022, 01:01:58 PM »
Like Corey Duffel doesn’t display the deepest bag of tricks lately but when you watch some of these FA dudes back to back with his part, there’s no question who the real one is.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2022, 10:42:11 PM »
I’m a fan but this felt a little boring, seems like same bag of tricks lately and just lost interest while watching this one. I think he deserves his spot and generally like his skating. This was just a miss for me. Editing was nice though

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2022, 10:47:21 PM »
Expand Quote
This dude dresses just like the punk dudes who also skated and were a few years older then me when I was in high school (late 1990s). Seeing it makes me feel weirdly nostalgic and also makes the "I'm too old for this" comments seem weird.

To each their own, but I love this. Also Benny is the best.
[close]

I get the same feeling. His skating reminds me of when I was younger and skateboarding was 'new' and exciting, and this dangerous thing and you're trying to figure it out. It's a level of nostalgia I'm not embarrassed about as opposed to say something like what eS is doing. I don't think he has a good bag of tricks, or a particular good  style, but I do appreciate his approach to skateboarding and the lane he has carved out for himself despite being in a profession that is so centered on skill and progression.

This is a good take

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2022, 04:06:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This dude dresses just like the punk dudes who also skated and were a few years older then me when I was in high school (late 1990s). Seeing it makes me feel weirdly nostalgic and also makes the "I'm too old for this" comments seem weird.

To each their own, but I love this. Also Benny is the best.
[close]

I get the same feeling. His skating reminds me of when I was younger and skateboarding was 'new' and exciting, and this dangerous thing and you're trying to figure it out. It's a level of nostalgia I'm not embarrassed about as opposed to say something like what eS is doing. I don't think he has a good bag of tricks, or a particular good  style, but I do appreciate his approach to skateboarding and the lane he has carved out for himself despite being in a profession that is so centered on skill and progression.
[close]

This is a good take

Yep, and despite my previous posts, I also think this is a good take. Minds are complex.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2022, 05:04:34 AM »
I wasn't really a fan before this part. I am becoming more of a fan now. The irrigation pipe grind is just rad. It sticks in my head. I don't care how hard it is or not, it strikes me as different and rad. I think that is a good way to describe a lot of his skating. Would be sick if he added a bit of flatground tech to his bag. Solid fake varial heels and switch tres would be sick.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2022, 05:28:49 PM »
I’m a fan but this felt a little boring, seems like same bag of tricks lately and just lost interest while watching this one. I think he deserves his spot and generally like his skating. This was just a miss for me. Editing was nice though

This is putting my feelings about this edit into words, he is sick but a good portion of the video was stuff I have been seeing from him in the past

moshandwallies

• Rep: -2
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2022, 08:27:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this is sick. if you complain about this part, you're old, just accept it.
[close]

not at all lol
the tricks were weak AF
[close]

well, skateboarding is not always about the biggest gap you can do, there are other things. also, tricks aren't the only thing in a skate video, i was talking the video as a whole.
[close]
well actually, you seem to be referring to the part specifically. There are plenty of skaters that aren't about the "biggest gap" that don't suck. Its all good if you just like him and the brand, but there's no argument to be had that this isn't mediocre skating even compared to his previous parts.

ok I get it and you're right if I think about at his 917 part

LebowskisRug

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2022, 10:34:50 AM »
The fact that people are still debating this part shows that Aidan and FA were pretty damn successful. In a world where almost every sponsored skater is really good it takes something to actually differentiate yourself and be memorable even if people aren't super stoked. That's part of what Dill has always gone for with FA and has spoken in a bunch of interviews about how he respected and supported Dylan when he got hated on for various reasons.

Plus who else is near the top of the skating dirt game right now?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2022, 11:23:22 AM »
The fact that people are still debating this part shows that Aidan and FA were pretty damn successful. In a world where almost every sponsored skater is really good it takes something to actually differentiate yourself and be memorable even if people aren't super stoked. That's part of what Dill has always gone for with FA and has spoken in a bunch of interviews about how he respected and supported Dylan when he got hated on for various reasons.

Plus who else is near the top of the skating dirt game right now?
Outside of some fake steez accusations, I don't think anyone hated on Dylan's skateboarding or talent level. Every damn person knew he was worthy of a pro board on Alien. That's different than the type of hate Aiden and Sean Pablo get.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2022, 01:29:03 PM »
When he was transitioning his fashion choices he got a decent amount of shit talked about his aesthetic, but obviously his skating was pretty good. Sean Pablo literally duplicated a Dylan trick for Blessed and while I don't think he or Aidan are as good from a traditional standard, they aren't bad either. I wouldn't go so far as to say neither deserves to be pro even when I am not a fan of their footage. I really never thought TK was good enough, for example.