Author Topic: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread  (Read 123828 times)

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • sup dog
Re: Non Skate Shoes Good For Skating Thread
« Reply #1050 on: February 25, 2024, 06:18:47 PM »
Borderline “not for skating”, but if i didnt have the money for proper skate shoes at $100, and was not jumping down anything, these are definitely passable: they have decent slip-in thick insoles (like popcush almost), but rock hard “midsoles” and decent feeling rubber soles. And looks like suede.

I don’t know, for $20-$30, and some aftermarket insoles, these could be pretty decent skate shoe, all-things-considered. They don’t look half bad either. But I’ll leave the look judgements to you.

Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1051 on: February 26, 2024, 12:01:54 AM »
Those are Airwalks so they're still technically "skate shoes" since they're a skate shoe company. Even though, they've shifted ownership, brand direction, etc. since making an attempt at coming back. These are spotted at Walmart, yes? Similar scenario as the budget Etnies (knockoffs?) seen in Walmarts.

Either way, they're definitely skateable. Quality? Who knows haha but budget Airwalks I skated in high school were great for 2-3 days and then were toast. I don't see a log of mileage happening in these if you or anyone tries these out @JM
Super Champion Fun Zone

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #1052 on: February 26, 2024, 05:21:38 AM »
theres an area ripper whos so broke he only skates walmart sperrys, next time i see him ill ask if hes taken a crack at em

Reese Bruno

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1053 on: February 26, 2024, 05:58:49 AM »
theres an area ripper whos so broke he only skates walmart sperrys, next time i see him ill ask if hes taken a crack at em

I actually bought some Walmart slipons and threw in some old popcush. They feel better than any slip on ive experienced before, as my toes are freakishly spread apart and most slip ons cramp my shit up

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #1054 on: February 26, 2024, 09:15:44 AM »
i bet you rip for having that knowledge

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • sup dog
« Reply #1055 on: March 01, 2024, 06:17:03 AM »
Those are Airwalks so they're still technically "skate shoes" since they're a skate shoe company. Even though, they've shifted ownership, brand direction, etc. since making an attempt at coming back. These are spotted at Walmart, yes? Similar scenario as the budget Etnies (knockoffs?) seen in Walmarts.

Either way, they're definitely skateable. Quality? Who knows haha but budget Airwalks I skated in high school were great for 2-3 days and then were toast. I don't see a log of mileage happening in these if you or anyone tries these out @JM
Walmart indeed!

I desperately wanted to see Etnies in there and get a photo, but they didn’t. But the Airwalk array made up for it.

They really did seem like decent skate shoes for $25. Old friend in ‘01 would skate Walmart shoes and he could backside flip a ten stair, front board a 14. backlip a flat bar. He was really good.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1056 on: March 13, 2024, 06:55:06 AM »
I suddenly got an itch to skate Adidas Originals, anyone here have experiences with Jeans or Handball?

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #1057 on: April 17, 2024, 03:17:23 AM »
anybody has experience with the standard, non-skate japan s asics? i have this white/navy/gum pair that i’ve been chilling in for the last couple months and they’re getting a lil dirty so i’m thinking about skating em. it’s the synthetic leather and i don’t think i skated this material before so idk how it feels or how durable it is. if it’s trash then i’d rather clean them up and keep them but i kinda want to snatch a few wigs @ the skatepark in them shits

I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1058 on: April 17, 2024, 08:13:57 AM »
anybody has experience with the standard, non-skate japan s asics? i have this white/navy/gum pair that i’ve been chilling in for the last couple months and they’re getting a lil dirty so i’m thinking about skating em. it’s the synthetic leather and i don’t think i skated this material before so idk how it feels or how durable it is. if it’s trash then i’d rather clean them up and keep them but i kinda want to snatch a few wigs @ the skatepark in them shits

They're good. Less collar and tongue padding, and the stitching will blow out quicker. But fundamentally they shouldn't feel too different from the skate ones. I have both

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #1059 on: April 17, 2024, 10:26:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They're good. Less collar and tongue padding, and the stitching will blow out quicker. But fundamentally they shouldn't feel too different from the skate ones. I have both

i superglued the stitching and skated them today for about an hour, they feel pretty good so far
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2228
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1060 on: April 17, 2024, 04:13:59 PM »
Yeah I skated my regular Japan S all last summer and really liked them. Got sent a pair and was just gonna try them out for a couple sessions but liked them enough that they became my primary shoe for the season.

Recently got a pair of the skate ones and like tzhangdox says, there's not a lot of difference. Skate ones have a slightly thicker tongue. Personally I prefer the tongues on the non-skate ones. Maybe the skate ones have a better insole?

Anyway, good shoes hope you like them. That's a dope colour! Black laces would look fresh in there.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #1061 on: April 21, 2024, 10:29:00 AM »
Looking for some shoes to skate in that have a midsole like adidas boost (I don’t know the nike equivelant). Kind of like these busenitz pureboost from a while back.  I plan on shoe-gooing vulnerable spots, but any recommendations would be awesome.   

https://poshmark.com/listing/Adidas-Busenitz-Pure-Boost-Mens-Size-11-Burgundy-Red-Sneakers-Shoes-Athletic-65da943ac1c346b2a702bac5

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #1062 on: April 21, 2024, 10:49:39 AM »
Looking for some shoes to skate in that have a midsole like adidas boost (I don’t know the nike equivelant). Kind of like these busenitz pureboost from a while back.  I plan on shoe-gooing vulnerable spots, but any recommendations would be awesome.   

https://poshmark.com/listing/Adidas-Busenitz-Pure-Boost-Mens-Size-11-Burgundy-Red-Sneakers-Shoes-Athletic-65da943ac1c346b2a702bac5

Those are meant to be skated in?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1063 on: April 21, 2024, 11:29:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No and are barely safe just to walk in... That Pure Boost sole is one of the most unstable toolings I've ever walked on. Super wobbly and narrow. Don't skate in those for you ankle's sake!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1064 on: April 21, 2024, 12:07:27 PM »
Yeah I skated my regular Japan S all last summer and really liked them. Got sent a pair and was just gonna try them out for a couple sessions but liked them enough that they became my primary shoe for the season.

Recently got a pair of the skate ones and like tzhangdox says, there's not a lot of difference. Skate ones have a slightly thicker tongue. Personally I prefer the tongues on the non-skate ones. Maybe the skate ones have a better insole?

Anyway, good shoes hope you like them. That's a dope colour! Black laces would look fresh in there.

sadly insole just as dogshit on the skate ones as in the non skate ones

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #1065 on: April 21, 2024, 01:52:23 PM »
+1 on non-skate ASICS have a dog shit insole. I’ve tried to skate non-skate vickas and the midsole is not forgiving and the shoe feels like the sole and upper have 0 cohesion - meaning I almost rolled ankles so many times on them.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #1066 on: April 21, 2024, 04:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t know but either way they don’t make them anymore.  I was just posting that as an example for the midsole.  I have some walking pureboost that my feet got accustomed to and feel pretty good cruising on board.  But any trick or fall would basically break my toes or foot in half if I skated seriously in them.

Using search in this thread there’s some talk about the adidas harden v3?  That looks good but also not made anymore
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 04:22:57 PM by Aquatic Dinosaur »

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #1067 on: April 21, 2024, 05:35:27 PM »
Borderline “not for skating”, but if i didnt have the money for proper skate shoes at $100, and was not jumping down anything, these are definitely passable: they have decent slip-in thick insoles (like popcush almost), but rock hard “midsoles” and decent feeling rubber soles. And looks like suede.

I don’t know, for $20-$30, and some aftermarket insoles, these could be pretty decent skate shoe, all-things-considered. They don’t look half bad either. But I’ll leave the look judgements to you.

Gotta try these. I'm always broke

lulz

• Rep: 39
« Reply #1068 on: April 21, 2024, 06:50:41 PM »
Has anyone skated these:

They’re cheap, Extra 30% Off with Code: REEBOK30
Not sure if I should put them in the sale thread….

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #1069 on: April 21, 2024, 06:55:26 PM »
Adidas campus 00s looks interesting, anyone wanna try?

Giving this is a bump because I'm contemplating a pair after trying them on.

Seem similar to Accel OG's. And with the price point being similar to adidas Skate/Nike SB shoe, is it worth giving a shot if anyone has attempted to skate in them?