Author Topic: Olson of nike?  (Read 10572 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Olson of nike?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2022, 03:27:50 PM »

yeah that swoosh clip was sick but it was also 7 years ago.

that being said, i literally filmed the wallie over the steps at cityhall for instagram in shorts one day back around the time that came out lol.

917 being through baker/ reynolds tossing him a couple pity-pedlow kids will likely be his saving grace at this point. he wants to be his dad without waiting another 45 years. nothing new

free max b
can we see this? not doubting you, i sincerely just wanna see it cause i thought that clip was dope.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:43:07 AM by shouldn't »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

quackquack

• Rep: -405
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2022, 04:17:17 PM »

he is the best

BA has such a great 360 flip. He scoops without making a huge fuss about where his back foot is, then catches with his front foot, leaving out the stank leg.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Pemberton Steps

• Rep: 2
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2022, 04:46:26 PM »
Does anyone know the video where he does a random switch inward heel in the middle of a line in China? Wearing a red flannel maybe? Started an account just to ask this lol, but this thread got me thinking about that trick and its driving me crazy I can't find it

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -295
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2022, 04:51:06 PM »
Expand Quote

he is the best
[close]

BA has such a great 360 flip. He scoops without making a huge fuss about where his back foot is, then catches with his front foot, leaving out the stank leg.

One of the best ever IMO

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2022, 05:06:52 PM »
Does anyone know the video where he does a random switch inward heel in the middle of a line in China? Wearing a red flannel maybe? Started an account just to ask this lol, but this thread got me thinking about that trick and its driving me crazy I can't find it

I *think* I know the clip you're talking about. I think it was some throwaway footage for an old Nike campaign. The stills here look familiar but the vid's been scrubbed. And since it's Nike, that likely means properly scrubbed.
https://solecollector.com/news/2012/08/video-nike-sb-skateeverydamnday-stefan-janoski-and-alex-olson

Pemberton Steps

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2022, 05:30:43 PM »
I *think* I know the clip you're talking about. I think it was some throwaway footage for an old Nike campaign. The stills here look familiar but the vid's been scrubbed. And since it's Nike, that likely means properly scrubbed.
https://solecollector.com/news/2012/08/video-nike-sb-skateeverydamnday-stefan-janoski-and-alex-olson
[/quote]

That's definitely the right outfit and time period. Damn it Nike  :'(

Hopefully there will eventually be a cultofalex IG that can unearth the footy.

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2022, 05:38:52 PM »
Contracts expire.   Shrug.   

Wasn’t like there was a mass purge of riders (like Max) as was falsely reported last year (and the year before that and the year before that)

there definitely was a purge of riders but max is still on, there was like one pic of him in vans but every clip in the limo and hit vid he was wearing nikes and that was all recent footy

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2022, 07:48:30 PM »

That's definitely the right outfit and time period. Damn it Nike  :'(

Hopefully there will eventually be a cultofalex IG that can unearth the footy.
[/quote]

I remember this, good memory @palelight . He did do that switch inward heel, pretty surprising coming from him.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2022, 08:23:48 PM »
Yw🤙
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2022, 02:37:28 AM »
yeah, AO is one of the greats/rarities of his generation, whether you like or not. Whether he knows it or not.

He’s in that Renaud/Nate Jones/Dane Brady etc category for me.   The skaters I find the most beautiful to watch skating never are footage machines

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2022, 03:18:00 AM »
Expand Quote
yeah, AO is one of the greats/rarities of his generation, whether you like or not. Whether he knows it or not.
[close]

He’s in that Renaud/Nate Jones/Dane Brady etc category for me.   The skaters I find the most beautiful to watch skating never are footage machines

Yeah, he's kinda like that category, except he had a way longer run, 10 years at least

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2022, 06:28:12 AM »
i saw his doppelgänger yesterday and my lady was like 'why are you star struck who the fuck is that supposed to be? you're always wrong about this shit'. she was right, i was incorrect but she has no idea.

PUT OUT CLIPS AO

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2022, 06:32:22 AM »
Pulled a Marisa del Santo after pretty sweet. He's nasty at skating flat and lines though, i think he just got sick of making skateboarding his job.

I love AO's skating, but he was sick of skateboarding being his job before it was even his job.

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2022, 06:40:34 AM »
Could see him on Cariuma

New balance numeric if not
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

unregisteredhypercam2

• Rep: 6
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2022, 07:36:53 AM »
I wish i could see more footage of alex skating casually for fun. i don't care if he films a serious part ever again. he is one of the only people i just want to see footage of anything from

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2022, 07:52:38 AM »
I agree, miss those casual skating days it feels like he was in a Nike video at this point
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Some dude

• Rep: -41
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2022, 08:49:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

whoooo…always the best style

anytime someone drops his name I’m like “shit, now I gotta go watch all Nate Jones shit again”…this is an Alex Olson thread..my bad

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2022, 11:58:35 AM »
On Simple.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 112
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2022, 12:10:47 PM »
Of Nike. On clogs.

roastbeef

• Rep: -47
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2022, 03:52:30 PM »
olson on blades

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2022, 04:33:56 PM »
olson on blades

917 roller blades would fucking fly off the shelves

beans on toast

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2022, 05:13:27 PM »

https://web.archive.org/web/20141105180426/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNhKhIpCo7g

here's a working link to the vid if anyone's interested

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2022, 05:17:25 PM »
Very interesting first post lol.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2022, 05:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://web.archive.org/web/20141105180426/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNhKhIpCo7g

here's a working link to the vid if anyone's interested
He was really good at that point in time. He should probably go back to riding smaller boards he could probably flip his board with that much power again.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2022, 06:09:42 PM »
I just dm’d him like a man . He said no more Nike. Which is interesting given they had him pushing those blazers 6 months ago . I just wanna see the dude skate and he doesn’t come off as the type to lose all his sponsors and become more motivated. Guess we just getting yoga clips
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2022, 08:40:42 PM »
He filmed a bunch for Pretty Sweet then was kind of like an Indie Skater, of Skating?
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2022, 10:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote

he is the best
[close]

BA had that one clip on his IG recently where he does the most beautiful flatground back big spin. Looks like he scooped it like an impossible.

Back to AO, he could have been one of the greatest if he kept skating consistently. His swoosh part and 917 clips show so much style, but he ultimately doesn't deliver for one reason or another. Still a huge fan though.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2022, 12:10:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

he is the best
[close]

[close]

BA had that one clip on his IG recently where he does the most beautiful flatground back big spin. Looks like he scooped it like an impossible.

Back to AO, he could have been one of the greatest if he kept skating consistently. His swoosh part and 917 clips show so much style, but he ultimately doesn't deliver for one reason or another. Still a huge fan though.

Is it not an impossible bs 180?   I could have sworn I’ve seen him breaking those out and he makes them look goood