Author Topic: Most overrated skater in Slap  (Read 6236 times)

conqueso

Re: Most overrated skater in Slap
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2022, 04:23:32 AM »
joke is on you then kook
he is not overrated he is simply a prophetic figure in the history of slap message boards
hopefully you focus or get banned soon

fred gall soty

somesortofspin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -80
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2022, 04:44:10 AM »
joke is on you then kook
he is not overrated he is simply a prophetic figure in the history of slap message boards
hopefully you focus or get banned soon

fred gall soty

aight im taking notes what other opinions I need to have to be a real skateboarder.
"like fred gall for no reason at all" its noted.

The_9

• Rep: 22
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2022, 09:54:28 AM »
This is gonna go down like a shit sandwich but Max Palmer. Yeah he’s good but Slap treats him like he’s some sort of messiah. I’ll take Boserio any day of the week over Palmer

IpathCats

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2022, 10:23:47 AM »
Silas B
Alex Olson
That Fat guy from Hockey.

You normally get on my nerves, but this shit made me lol. I back the hate 100% AA and Max Palmer are easily the two most overrated dudes on SLAP hands down.

IpathCats

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2022, 10:25:49 AM »
Nick Stain

yea... that's a big.........NAH!

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2022, 10:42:11 AM »
But Max is a messiah

Andrew Allen is a hunk with cute ass fits and he looks damn good on a board. Wrangler butts drive me nuts. Nick boserio probably has a stinky beard and doesn’t wash his sheets

If AA was sitting at a candle lit dinner table with a bottle of wine and he poured you a glass, wouldn’t you sit in the empty seat? Once he locks eyes with you, and you see that shimmer in his eyes, you’d be done. Boserio would probably be eating chicken strips

The favorite overrated skater here is Pablo. Mami has to get her pipe

nothing's been the since same

The_9

• Rep: 22
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2022, 10:47:59 AM »
Brass would have a slab of VB and be ready for the dine and dash. I’d go with Brass

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2022, 11:03:46 AM »
That’s easy.

It’s whoever currently has great style, but can only do a narrow set of things really well. Most likely has bodied some recent local VX part but always underwhelms when filmed in HD. This person also is either kinda overweight or has amazing hair.

IpathCats

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2022, 11:36:28 AM »
That’s easy.

It’s whoever currently has great style, but can only do a narrow set of things really well. Most likely has bodied some recent local VX part but always underwhelms when filmed in HD. This person also is either kinda overweight or has amazing hair.

Not a bad take.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2022, 12:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Nick Stain
[close]

I like Nik Stain, I like his fast approach to skating but I think he can do a bit more. His bag of tricks is samey. Maybe people just tell him “you do these tricks with good style. Do only those tricks.”

Edit: Though that kinky 50-50 in Mind Goblin was a cool surprise.

supreme Italy video showed us that nick can skate rails, dude is improving his skating.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2022, 12:58:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nick Stain
[close]

I like Nik Stain, I like his fast approach to skating but I think he can do a bit more. His bag of tricks is samey. Maybe people just tell him “you do these tricks with good style. Do only those tricks.”

[close]

supreme Italy video showed us that nick can skate rails, dude is improving his skating.

I first met the dude when was like 15 in Allentown, PA. Nik has been skating stairs and rails since middle/high school. He chose to skate different shit as he got older. Go watch old Homebase skateshop videos. His skating is improving but it's not by skating rails, that's nothing new to him, it's changed to skating the type of shit he likes to skate.

whoami

• Rep: -43
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2022, 01:16:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fred gall
you only liked habitat because it made skateboarding more white upper middle class I wear brown pants friendly
nothing against upper middle class and brown pants
just stating thats why people like Fred gall
"he did a ollie and a nollie and a wallie and grinded the edge of a bank. just so simple and efficient."
no he just sucks
he skates like if some kid on YouTube tried to replicate a Huf part at his local spots
[close]

terrible take from one of the worst posters here

fred did some great and innovative skating in his prime
[close]

like what innovation lmao
this thread is about being overrated
this random fat guy gets named in every single thread
pretty good pick if you ask me to take him as the most overrated skater on slap of all time
also mark derves soty

Maybe you're not old enough to remember but Fred was on a tear mid to late 90's. He upped the bigger ledge game, and had a lot to do with the transition from low and tech to big and tech. His switch game was ahead if its time and what he did at Hubba alone should be enough for your questions.

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2022, 01:20:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fred gall
you only liked habitat because it made skateboarding more white upper middle class I wear brown pants friendly
"he did a ollie and a nollie and a wallie and grinded the edge of a bank. just so simple and efficient."
no he just sucks
he skates like if some kid on YouTube tried to replicate a Huf part at his local spots
[close]

[close]

pretty good pick if you ask me to take him as the most overrated skater on slap of all time
also mark derves soty
[close]

Maybe you're not old enough to remember but Fred was on a tear mid to late 90's. He upped the bigger ledge game, and had a lot to do with the transition from low and tech to big and tech. His switch game was ahead if its time and what he did at Hubba alone should be enough for your questions.

ok im sorry. ill shut the fuck up about him. thank you explaining that to me because im really not old enough and nobody outside of slap ever told me that. no magazine. no video. my eyes and taste couldn't tell.

pro club blanks

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2022, 01:38:53 PM »

Dudes gonna go to his grave cursing fred gall for that mild ass instagram post hes already deleted lol

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2022, 01:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fred gall
no he just sucks
[close]

[close]

also mark derves soty
[close]

[close]

ok im sorry. ill shut the fuck up

It would definitely be for the best
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2022, 01:51:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fred gall
no he just sucks
[close]

[close]

also mark derves soty
[close]

[close]

ok im sorry. ill shut the fuck up about him. thank you explaining that to me because im really not old enough and nobody outside of slap ever told me that. no magazine. no video. my eyes and taste couldn't tell.

Dude in a few words and phrases you may start to understand the mystic qualities of Uncle Freddy's magic

1. Half-cabs
2. Sub Zero
3. Hubba Hideout cover
4. Best wall rides
5. Skates the crustiest spots imaginable
6. Saved a Monk
7. Ollied the China Banks bench on Acid
8. Grinded that gap to rail at Love while on crack
9. Warm smile
10. Strong Handshake

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2022, 02:07:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nick Stain
[close]

[close]

The dude doesn’t need to skate rails or anything in particular, just learn some new tricks. And I don’t just mean better variations of his go to’s. Do a switch tre on flat or a front crook or something. I like his style but his skating is super predictable, kinda like a Cyrus part (I like his skating way more tho). It gets to the point where it feels gimmicky.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2022, 02:10:49 PM »
Why are some people acting like at one point in time Fred Gall was pretty tech and innovative. He got a few NBD's at a spot pretty much every pro-skater of that era had been too.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2022, 02:29:32 PM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2022, 03:29:48 PM »
Why are some people acting like at one point in time Fred Gall was pretty tech and innovative. He got a few NBD's at a spot pretty much every pro-skater of that era had been too.
SSKFBSTS Love Park main ledge up top is a heavy NBD

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2022, 03:37:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nick Stain
[close]

[close]

[close]

The dude doesn’t need to skate rails or anything in particular, just learn some new tricks. And I don’t just mean better variations of his go to’s. Do a switch tre on flat or a front crook or something. I like his style but his skating is super predictable, kinda like a Cyrus part (I like his skating way more tho). It gets to the point where it feels gimmicky.

This is exactly what I think and I’m surprised this doesn’t seem obvious to people on here.

But people actually hate on Suciu on here, so I don’t know why I even bother, tbh.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2022, 03:42:20 PM »
^I agree

I'll add K Rod on here. The fact that he did a boardslide shuvit out on a ledge and that was a pro trick to put in a video was hilariously bad.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2022, 03:45:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nick Stain
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is exactly what I think and I’m surprised this doesn’t seem obvious to people on here.

But people actually hate on Suciu on here, so I don’t know why I even bother, tbh.

Nick Stain is not overrated here...You cant find a post of somebody calling him the best. But in other hand AO is called the best every single thread...nahh dude, he is fucking good, but he isnt Gino.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2022, 04:01:07 PM »
Who had more total footage in their career AO or Gino? I'm guessing Gino, but lots of his later parts were quite short or just clips.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2022, 04:12:39 PM »
Who had more total footage in their career AO or Gino? I'm guessing Gino, but lots of his later parts were quite short or just clips.

How many parts has Gino?

20 shot sequense
Trillogy
Mouse
Chocolate Tour
Yeah Right
Good clips in Hot Chocolate
Good clips in Nothing But the Truth
New York brickharbor part

pro club blanks

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2022, 04:14:40 PM »
^I agree

I'll add K Rod on here. The fact that he did a boardslide shuvit out on a ledge and that was a pro trick to put in a video was hilariously bad.
You and I both know that wasnt a normal ass ledge lol

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2022, 05:09:00 PM »
Expand Quote
^I agree

[close]

Some people here really reach for the stars when looking for reasons to talk down on a pro lol.

My 2 cents to this thread is that Heitor and that dude that just closed the new Chocolate video Carl, sorry do absolutely nothing for me. Their skating seems so god damn pretentious and if they had skinnier pants on Slap would hate them. That being said, they both have gotten a “wow” or a “that was sick” from me a couple times but I can’t even remember what tricks were done to warrant that reaction, nothing sticks out to me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:06:04 PM by elbarto »
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

LebowskisRug

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2022, 06:10:48 PM »
Expand Quote
^I agree

[close]

Wow, it kinked.

I was aware of all those Gino parts, but some were pretty short so I'd be curious as to actual run time.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2022, 06:17:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^I agree

[close]
[close]

Wow, it kinked.

I was aware of all those Gino parts, but some were pretty short so I'd be curious as to actual run time.

Yep, and no one is reaching for anything. K-Rod has a lot of clips like that where you’re like “huh… they really let him get away with that one…”. This goes back to the idea that a lot of pros now are more niche lifestyle models than they are pro skaters.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2022, 06:17:53 PM »

This question peaked my interest, it’s somewhat even in what people would consider video parts.

Gino has more parts, but all of them were around 1:30-1:45 except Yeah Right, which was 2 minutes and 30 seconds. If you include a couple Nike commercials and some Pretty Sweet clips that’s around 15-17 minutes of total footage, and that’s being generous.

Alex has less parts, but most were longer. His shared parts have around the same amount of footy that a Gino full part would have.

Olson has
- Gnar Gnar (about 2 minutes)
- Fully Flared (4 minutes, excluding the 2 minute meltdown montage)
-Bill Strobecks section in Cinemetographer Project (about a minute of his footage)
- Pretty Sweet ( a little over 4 minutes, but other dudes had clips, and TY Evans a damn fool with that slow-mo, so really about 3 minutes)
- about 2 minutes of footy in Cherry
- about 2 minutes of footy in his ‘Boys of the Summer’ part
- Shared 917 part with Vince, about 1 and a half minutes

Where Olson edges out Gino is that he also has bunch of random shit sprinkled in various tour vids, Crailtap segments, YouTube and Instagram shit spanning from 2006 until the pandemic

- The Strobeck vids before Supreme
- Time to shine montage (which I can’t even watch anymore because of how many dead people around my age was in that section)
- Supreme Bowl from 2007
- Beauty and the Beast tours
- All those Quick Silver tours
- various Nike clips
-Swoosh by Bill Strobeck
- That collection of Instagram footy that turned into his magnum opus somehow

That’s stuff is about at least 5 minutes of extra shit right there.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 06:25:16 PM by Lenny the Fatface »