Author Topic: Slappy crook pop over  (Read 673 times)

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
Slappy crook pop over
« on: April 26, 2023, 12:05:04 AM »
I have a pretty decent slappy bs crook and can do boardslide pop over on double edged curbs, but I can’t figure out how to do a bs crook pop over. I have the feeling my back foot is much on the tail . Is this the problem?
Any tips? Much appreciated

whale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
Re: Slappy crook pop over
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 01:59:37 AM »
Hmm… haven’t ever really done one on a slappy but I’d imagine its not much different from a flat bar.

When i krook transfer, I jump into it normally and as soon as I lock in I start putting more weight to my front foot which starts to tilt the board more upwards. Get your leading hip over the obstacle and if you’re stable in that position the transfer should come pretty easy with just a slight nollie out.
You don’t need to pop very much, rather use your body’s momentum to bring it over.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 02:23:27 AM »
Thanks a lot. Less of a straight pop and more of leaning into it, sounds manageable. I’ll give it a spin

streetmeat

• Rep: 171
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 03:07:11 AM »
imagine yourself being on the other side from the get go. apply more pressure on your leading foot and then lighten up just a hair when you're ready to pop over.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 03:19:57 AM »
Thanks man.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 03:01:46 AM »
Still struggling with it. So any pointers are appreciated. I manage to get the board over the curb, but it nearly always lands behind me. Leaning back makes it hard to get over. Do I need to lean sideways?

Will try to get a clip in next time, I’m at the curb

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 03:58:51 AM »
Still struggling with it. So any pointers are appreciated. I manage to get the board over the curb, but it nearly always lands behind me. Leaning back makes it hard to get over. Do I need to lean sideways?

He meant leaning sideways, transfer your weight to be on the other side of the curb(not the side your grinding) the moment you feel like falling on the other side is the moment to pop(for me at least).

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 04:39:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He meant leaning sideways, transfer your weight to be on the other side of the curb(not the side your grinding) the moment you feel like falling on the other side is the moment to pop(for me at least).

Much appreciated. Will try a more sideways approach while leaning over

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 05:47:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Much appreciated. Will try a more sideways approach while leaning over
Tried to find a sequence from back in the day that is shot from behind iirc, that would have shown the weight sifth pretty good but all I could come up was this photo

https://live.staticflickr.com/3587/3312496122_d5d7ef7631_c.jpg

So coming from a normal crooked gring, you transfer your weight on top of the flatbar/curb and your momentum gives you enough boost so you only need a little pop.

It’s just about figuring out the sweet spot.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023, 11:29:50 AM »
Thanks. The pic visualizes quite well, what I need to do. It seems I’m always leaning to much forward or backward during the grind to properly sit on top of the curb. These days I’m leaning way to much forward since 90 percent of the time I just fall forward to fakie