Author Topic: Which trick are you obsessing over right now?  (Read 5350 times)

SSBSTRS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Which trick are you obsessing over right now?
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2022, 08:32:08 AM »
Rick Flips kinda. I did a shitty one like 3 months ago but haven’t done one since. I got FS halfcab heels, and fakie fs bigspin, but the Rick Flip still evades me.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2022, 11:21:33 AM »
Front nose 270 out, the cool way. And also regular nasal with either shut out... I'm having a Shane heyl thing lately.
Whoa. Danger.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2022, 01:01:20 PM »
Been trying to figure out slappy krook shuvs and can’t figure out how to keep it underneath me, I always toss the board behind me. I was in a work meeting earlier and it dawned on me to turn my shoulders towards the curb on the way out, almost like a frontside body varial (so instead of going to fakie, turning my shoulders the opposite direction). The logic there being that for slappy front nose shuvs I turn my shoulders backside towards the curb and the board naturally shuvs. Because really any shuv out of a nose slide is kind of a body varial anyway, right?

Of course, this is me sitting in a fucking office chair trying to visualize this trick.

For those who can krook shuv: Is what I’m saying making any sense or am I just day dreaming here?

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2022, 09:18:34 AM »
Been trying to figure out slappy krook shuvs and can’t figure out how to keep it underneath me, I always toss the board behind me. I was in a work meeting earlier and it dawned on me to turn my shoulders towards the curb on the way out, almost like a frontside body varial (so instead of going to fakie, turning my shoulders the opposite direction). The logic there being that for slappy front nose shuvs I turn my shoulders backside towards the curb and the board naturally shuvs. Because really any shuv out of a nose slide is kind of a body varial anyway, right?

Of course, this is me sitting in a fucking office chair trying to visualize this trick.

For those who can krook shuv: Is what I’m saying making any sense or am I just day dreaming here?

If you're going for the shuv where the back trucks don't go over the ledge, i would agree you can do them shittily with mostly body varial. IMO, board wants to come out to fakie if u don't do any pop out motion, so just kind of let it spin backside and do a body varial onto it lol. Usually it comes pretty quick but I have slipped out horrendously before doing this trick.

My trick I am obsessing over now is long fs smith grind on ledge. It's fun to just keep leaning back and back and back and you think you will slip out but instead u just grind longer. Theres this small ledge at a nearby skatepark and I will go there just to do longer and longer smiths for a whole session and then go home. Just feels good on the foot yk

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2022, 12:57:47 PM »
Switch manual switch flip out. Been trying it for hours and hours for the last few sessions at the park. Finally got one this afternoon with a good flip out. Time to put that one to bed and start obsessing over the next trick!

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2022, 04:15:30 PM »
nollie fs 180s. i can actually do them now, but they're so fucking fun.
they quite simply. feel nice to do. fully popped ones feel nice, reverted ones feel nice, theyre just awesome.

woo!!!
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

nutskeeterman

• Rep: -6
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2022, 05:47:18 PM »
Been thinking about fakie bs noseslide 270 pop out in the middle of a ledge (so like fs tail slide fs 270 out but fakie) always loved how regular bs noseslide 270 looks but can’t nose slide to save my life. Been wanting to relearn invert one foots again lately. Also been thinking about Manuel bs revert to fakie manny.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2022, 05:58:58 PM »
Just trying to relearn back tails with some kind of consistency and it’s making me want to rip my own legs off
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2022, 06:01:29 PM »
This trick I did in a dream few nights ago. Don't know if I ever seen it. Switch BS 180 heel flip to stand up BS nosegrind, pop out in the middle. Has this been done?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2022, 08:40:10 PM »
Switch Tre. I'm pretty bad a flip tricks and I'm getting old (47 in May) but I can feel this one might actually happen.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2022, 11:56:51 PM »
they quite simply. feel nice to do. fully popped ones feel nice, reverted ones feel nice, theyre just awesome.

woo!!!

Word.
They became my go to since I saw vans Martino live doing them to switch hillbomb.
Go to when I need to switch stance instead of doing fs180 cos those always felt a bit gross.
There’s something about the swing you do with your arms to re-gain stability after the rotation that I can’t let go it’s awesome.

I wanna learn fakie hardflips. I can do them switch / nollie while I can’t normal.

Solely to film the Stevie line where he grabs his nuts at the end cos that must feel awesome.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2022, 03:28:36 AM »
switch slappy noseslide flip out. cant do reg fs tails so ill bash into it and slide my way to glory, but the flip out is eluding me. landed a sketchy one and landed on a bunch of others but i wont be happy until i get a good one, anyone got any tips for the flip out? sometimes it seems like when i get into a good slide and feels like i have a good setup for the flip out, it just doesn't flip and flies away from me, yet other times when i get into it super scuffed with the most obtuse placement, it'll flip round perfectly and i don't expect it.

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2022, 05:10:23 AM »
Expand Quote

woo!!!
[close]

Word.
They became my go to since I saw vans Martino live doing them to switch hillbomb.
Go to when I need to switch stance instead of doing fs180 cos those always felt a bit gross.
There’s something about the swing you do with your arms to re-gain stability after the rotation that I can’t let go it’s awesome.

I wanna learn fakie hardflips. I can do them switch / nollie while I can’t normal.

Solely to film the Stevie line where he grabs his nuts at the end cos that must feel awesome.

Roll fakie with a little speed then just slap the fuckin brakes on that tail. Jump in the air mwad high so you don’t touch it until it touch you

Congratulations you just did a fakie hardflip

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2022, 07:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

woo!!!
[close]

Word.

[close]

Roll fakie with a little speed then just slap the fuckin brakes on that tail. Jump in the air mwad high so you don’t touch it until it touch you

Congratulations you just did a fakie hardflip

Yeah dude I tried a couple like chilling the flick seems much easier than nollie.
I was putting same flick effort as nollie and the board was almost double flipping haha.
I will see how it goes.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2022, 08:02:00 AM »
Backside flip fakie nosegrind has been on my mind all week. I know ive tried them a long time ago but dont think i ever landed one. Going to work on that

9inchdeck

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2022, 09:09:07 AM »
BS 360 Kickflips on hips. By far the best feeling trick I can roll away from. I've been wanting to fully rotate one down something, but it's hard to build that confidence.

FOGDOG

• Rep: 10
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2022, 09:14:44 AM »
Trying to trick myself back into skating more.

Yu Dum

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2022, 10:28:49 AM »
Been thinking about varial heels ever since I got them back on flat. I want to take it down something or over a flat gap, but my old ass is having a hard time finding a good spot for it.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2022, 05:09:32 PM »
Really wanna wallie the corner of a wall and go into it like a backside air

Brguy

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2022, 11:03:38 AM »
Got hit by a car on my bike so I’m chilling for a bit

I really wanna learn nollie frontside flips off shit. I can do them on flat sometimes but even off a curb I just kind of fling foward and my board is no where near me. I’m thinking I gotta start wayyy earlier like trying to pop fakie up something
Do them faster, the trick to doing anything off shit is to learn them fast.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2022, 12:10:33 PM »
I am trying to finally learn bs bluntslides on ledges. I have done them on transition and curbs so I know how to slide them, but ollieing in is scary! I keep slipping out in different ways and the few instances I get into a proper slide I cannot do the slight turn to ride away.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2022, 06:57:37 PM »

woo!!!
I love that trick so much. Highly underrated, congrats on getting them!

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2022, 07:15:06 PM »
I really want to learn frontside 360 shove it I can do them nollie but I can't quite get them regular or switch it seems like there are certain people who just cracked the code on this one like the people who can do it can do it so easily

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2022, 01:39:37 AM »
I am trying to finally learn bs bluntslides on ledges. I have done them on transition and curbs so I know how to slide them, but ollieing in is scary! I keep slipping out in different ways and the few instances I get into a proper slide I cannot do the slight turn to ride away.

Now that's a trip, I was just thinking about posting about obsessing over bluntsides these days and not even actually trying to do them either (I can't really), but just ollieing into them on small curbs backside and frontside and then just giving up as soon as that fun part is over is something I've started doing every now and then when messing around or wanting to pick my board up, and then I saw your post. What I think I've figured out is, the more vertical your board on the ollie the better, you really don't want to land with the tail on top, you want the truck to fully lock in (ideally), think classic front blunt pop out photo pose, or the way Gonz does noseblunts. Gotta pretend the top of the curb is an actual lip or coping. I also was always paranoid about slipping out on ledge bluntslides but now I've realized I rarely overshoot them with that approach and so that might help build up the confidence to learn legit ones eventually.

Re: frontside 360 shoves, the key really is to use the rebound of the tail, the sweet spot is around the center very similarly to big spins. If you apply the right downwards pressure on just the right place, pop down hard and just give the board a swift nudge with the back foot it should come around on its own.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 01:47:20 AM by silhouette »

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2022, 02:07:16 AM »
Funny bit is I just wanted to write down bluntslides here. I am with you @S., been doing them on china banks regularly now, trying to understand the slide, now I wanna get them down on ledges. Ollieing in is so scary also because you need lots of wax but I am afraid of slipping out. Approaching the ledge in a slight angle only makes the difference for me here. Also I feel more secure to half cab into it than to go regular.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2022, 02:31:08 AM »
This trick I did in a dream few nights ago. Don't know if I ever seen it. Switch BS 180 heel flip to stand up BS nosegrind, pop out in the middle. Has this been done?

Pretty sure Sammy Baptista did it in Guilty. I wouldn’t put it past you, either.

I’ve been working on basic mini ramp tricks, currently focusing on consistently doing b/s rocks. Need to lean into the ramp’s deck more in order to get more speed when I come back in, so I can hit the coping on the other wall.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2022, 07:52:26 AM »
Boosting my kickflips as high as my Ollie’s. I can do low ones every try and mid height ones super consistent, but I want to get back to doing them as high as I can ollie and then do the same with frontside flips.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2022, 12:25:16 PM »
Slappy noseslides.Can do them on ledges but cannot get them to slide on a curb for love nor money

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2022, 12:27:33 PM »
Slappy noseslides.Can do them on ledges but cannot get them to slide on a curb for love nor money

BS or FS?

I'm hooked on BS flips at the moment, have lost hours to them on the last few sessions, struggling to get that last 10 degrees and a clean roll out at decent speed.

The trick is there but my shoulders suck at BS rotation so it's a bit of a fight.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2022, 12:38:36 PM »
I also find the BS rotation really foreign feeling. I remember struggling with BS 180’s because of it and it was down to missing that slight scoop. Bs slappy noses are pissing me off, got crooks dialled but cant get the angle or lock in right on noses. On Thunders so purposely trying to put more weight into but just get a bark ‘n stop