Author Topic: Which trick are you obsessing over right now?  (Read 5348 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -481
Re: Which trick are you obsessing over right now?
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2022, 12:45:02 PM »
Nollie back 180 nosegrind .  It’s a weird one
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2022, 05:26:37 PM »
A 3 inch boardslide at my old high school

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2022, 05:31:53 PM »
Switch Slappy crooks
Slappy feeble fs shove

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2022, 07:26:44 PM »
A 3 inch boardslide at my old high school

skating spots from childhood feels like visiting an old friend

Dimitrov

• Rep: -2
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2022, 08:01:11 PM »
Rick flip and fs 360 shuv I am so close...

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2022, 08:24:42 PM »
Fakie nosegrind switchflip out…been tryin that one for awhile now, I’ll get it sooner or later
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2022, 09:18:58 AM »
Switch frontside flips.  Switch backslide flips. Getting them more consistently. Used to do them years ago but haven’t had them on lock for a while.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2022, 01:45:10 PM »
balanced bs nosegrind, really want to have them long and on lock, next step is pop-out in the middle of a ledge.
Also working on fakie ollie bs nosegrind fs revert on transition, already did a couple but not on my routine yet

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2022, 01:55:36 PM »

Is that the one thats like an overrrotated nollie front nose? Do you have any tips?

I can get into them pretty easily on curbs but on a real ledge just clip every time and can't turn my body enough. Just learned the nollie fs 180 nosegrind so kinda want this too haha.

Cousin Avi

• Rep: -2
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2022, 06:04:06 AM »
fs bigspins and fs heelflips. I'm getting there, hope to film them for future endeavours.

pops

• Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2022, 06:32:34 AM »
540s on lock

Spirit

• Rep: -20
  • Personal Text
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2022, 06:54:38 AM »
Hardflips and Bigflips. Can't for the life of me roll away from a Bigflip. I just kill my momentum each time. Had this one recorded and slowed so I can fix what I'm doing wrong but for some reason I can't get my weight where it should be and always land like this. If anyone has a few pointers I'd be happy even though this is not a trick tip thread.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2022, 07:26:20 AM »
^ Honestly, you look really close. The common mistake I see people usually do for that trick is to think of it as a 360 flip with the body turning except it's more akin to a backside flip type of motion, just replacing the usual kickflip with a varial kickflip. Trick feels a lot more like a backside flip than a 360 flip and as such is mostly in the shoulders. Slick ground of the slightly slippery type also really helps, for some reason on rough terrain getting the correct friction is so much harder.

Maybe before you pop, try to be looking in the direction of your back bolts instead of down on your front bolts. Where you look in general dictates where you land and in which stance.

Spirit

• Personal Text
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2022, 10:46:55 AM »
^ Honestly, you look really close. The common mistake I see people usually do for that trick is to think of it as a 360 flip with the body turning except it's more akin to a backside flip type of motion, just replacing the usual kickflip with a varial kickflip. Trick feels a lot more like a backside flip than a 360 flip and as such is mostly in the shoulders. Slick ground of the slightly slippery type also really helps, for some reason on rough terrain getting the correct friction is so much harder.

Maybe before you pop, try to be looking in the direction of your back bolts instead of down on your front bolts. Where you look in general dictates where you land and in which stance.

Oh shit that Backside Flip comparison actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the focus on looking where I want to land as well. Will use that next time. Cheers!

kevs.clips

• Rep: 24
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2022, 11:07:40 AM »
Front feebles on transition. Super easy stall on quarters <4' with steel coping but I've been wanting to grind some in a pool... so scary for me right now though

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2022, 12:18:12 PM »
I wouldn't say /obsessing/ but I would really like to learn to properly stand up on my crooked grinds, both switch and regular. I can do a couple three feet and pop out even in the middle of the ledge but can't bring myself to stand up all the way and lean into it. Just gotta spend more time with them. Standing in the switch ones is a little more natural and i can kinda do em longer for that reason because it's basically my back leg, sorta like a front tail vibe. And ive always been ass at regular noseslides so i cant follow that logic on the reg ones

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2022, 12:31:45 PM »
Been obsessing over curb skating in general lately, watching too much Abe Bethel.  I cant figure out how to slappy feeble/front feeble a parking curb though.  If anyone has any advice on how to lock in without popping that would be great. 

Hashbrownthug4200

• Rep: 0
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2022, 12:49:46 PM »
been doing a lot of willy grinds lately

chumponthis

• Rep: 5
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2022, 03:49:59 PM »
sw 360 flip... The more I try them in the same session the more they get away. Feels like I have to land them within 5 tries or else it will never happen

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2022, 09:14:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is that the one thats like an overrrotated nollie front nose? Do you have any tips?

I can get into them pretty easily on curbs but on a real ledge just clip every time and can't turn my body enough. Just learned the nollie fs 180 nosegrind so kinda want this too haha.

Sounds Like we’re in the same boat. Only advice I’ve got is work on popping the shit out of your nollie back 180s and if you think your too far from the ledge back up a bit more. I can get into it on decent sized ledges but grinding it is the challenge as I come down with too much weight from trying to get the pop right

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2022, 10:09:28 PM »
Expand Quote
This trick I did in a dream few nights ago. Don't know if I ever seen it. Switch BS 180 heel flip to stand up BS nosegrind, pop out in the middle. Has this been done?
[close]

Pretty sure Sammy Baptista did it in Guilty. I wouldn’t put it past you, either.

I’ve been working on basic mini ramp tricks, currently focusing on consistently doing b/s rocks. Need to lean into the ramp’s deck more in order to get more speed when I come back in, so I can hit the coping on the other wall.

Holy Snap! you're right.

Thanks for having such a good memory.
The key to a BS rock to gain speed on the other wall, is all on the back toes and front shoulder, Then just pump in like you're a mad man.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 10:20:47 PM by yapple dapple »

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2022, 01:40:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sounds Like we’re in the same boat. Only advice I’ve got is work on popping the shit out of your nollie back 180s and if you think your too far from the ledge back up a bit more. I can get into it on decent sized ledges but grinding it is the challenge as I come down with too much weight from trying to get the pop right

Word, I neglect my nollie back 180s so should probably start there. Thought being able to nollie fs nose was enough. Definitely feel the same about coming down too hard trying to get the pop right and not grinding well on the nollie fs 180 nosegrind. Thank you

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2022, 10:20:48 AM »
Not even joking: fs kickturns.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2022, 10:34:16 AM »
Been obsessing over curb skating in general lately, watching too much Abe Bethel.  I cant figure out how to slappy feeble/front feeble a parking curb though.  If anyone has any advice on how to lock in without popping that would be great.
I can’t do front ones but back ones the trick what works for me is carving into it. approach the curb at like 45 degrees with your back toe in the pocket. then lean away from the curb and kind of put your weight on your back leg. The board is going to want to go into a board slide, and it can go badly for you if it does, so keep your pressure on that back foot. Your front foot is just there to keep your board from flying up and getting away from you. Lean and turn to come off. Hope that helps.

Oh and they’re 90% easier with rails

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2022, 01:27:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Word, I neglect my nollie back 180s so should probably start there. Thought being able to nollie fs nose was enough. Definitely feel the same about coming down too hard trying to get the pop right and not grinding well on the nollie fs 180 nosegrind. Thank you

No problem! I’m no master so talking it out helps me get it better too. Would love to see a clip if you get a good one! Happy shredding!

Spirit

• Personal Text
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2022, 03:52:21 AM »
Not even joking: fs kickturns.

I know a guy who can hardflip but falls on nollie back kickturns lol

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2022, 05:35:19 AM »
Flat: 360 Flip (came close, but no cigar yet)
Ledge: fs 5-0, bs 50/50 (get shitty ones, need to improve)
Curb: slappy crooks (get them but want to improve)
Stairset (if you can call a two stair a set): kickflip (got a few, want to get one in a line, and take it to 3 stairs)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

g00dB0utd0llaz

• Rep: -4
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2022, 08:08:02 AM »
been trying to back tail this corner in my local bowl for like 3 months. i literally havent done any other tricks in those 3 months other than ollies and slash grinds to warm up. im one stubborn mothafucka

sheiiiiiiiiiiit i'll get it one of these days

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2022, 09:15:12 AM »
Good nollie inward heels. Dunno why. They just look good to me.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2022, 07:01:30 AM »