Author Topic: Rockstar announced that GTA VI is in development  (Read 1493 times)

Below Average

Rockstar announced that GTA VI is in development
« on: February 05, 2022, 07:18:25 AM »
I am beyond excited and can’t wait to hear more information about it.

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: Rockstar announced that GTA VI is in development
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 08:42:09 AM »
Well, biggest non-news ever since V was the most profitable entertainment product ever. But.. I'd be careful with expectations.

Below Average

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 08:52:28 AM »
Well, biggest non-news ever since V was the most profitable entertainment product ever. But.. I'd be careful with expectations.

I’m a little worried because of Dan Houser, Lazlow, and Leslie leaving the company, but at least Sam Houser is still holding it down there.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 05:16:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m a little worried because of Dan Houser, Lazlow, and Leslie leaving the company, but at least Sam Houser is still holding it down there.

Yeah, we'll wait till they release the fucking thing.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 11:14:26 AM »
I'm mainly worried that the game is gonna be a complete micro-transaction barrage for the lifespan of the game because the devs are well-aware that is where the money is made

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 01:58:27 PM »
Apparently it’s going to be set in Vice City which would be cool considering there will probably a bunch of cool outskirts areas. Jet ski’s in the Everglades sounds awesome.
My dream setting would be having NYC, Boston and Philly all in one.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 11:56:52 PM »
I'm mainly worried that the game is gonna be a complete micro-transaction barrage for the lifespan of the game because the devs are well-aware that is where the money is made

It will be.

thebacker

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 06:44:37 AM »
it's crazy that GTA V is almost MORE popular now or atleast feels like it

Verdugo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 08:47:05 AM »
I never thought I would lose faith in Rockstar but here we are. I kind of lost hope after RDR2 as I found it rather lifeless, boring, and held your hand pretty hard. I was also getting annoyed of how much Rockstar was trying to milk GTA 5, my least favorite entry since GTA 3. Then they released the abomination of a Definitive Edition. Now I’m just really getting over it. Not to mention 3 out of 4 key people at Rockstar left. If GTA 6 comes out, I’m going to have to see reviews and opinions on it first and in my opinion that’s insane for me to say about a Rockstar game. Rockstar should just be their own publishers, but that would pretty much be impossible now. It’s only a matter of time until that company implodes.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 09:22:01 AM »
Curious to try it out in 20 years when it's finally released

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 02:39:32 AM »
I never thought I would lose faith in Rockstar but here we are. I kind of lost hope after RDR2 as I found it rather lifeless, boring, and held your hand pretty hard.

This is a crazy take to me. I think RDR2 is the best game ever made and I doubt that Rockstar or any other dev will ever put the money and time into the development of a single player story mode ever again. Yes, the story missions are very linear, but the writing and characters were so rich it allowed you to focus on the story. In the meantime, doing all the sidequests and hunting and challenges and all that is just crazy. I will never do them all but it's really impressive to know that there are hundreds of hours of gameplay on that disc if I choose to go back and do it. The game is full of life.

However, I agree that GTAV was pretty shitty. Didn't like the characters, didn't like the story. The gameplay was a GTA but it's kinda dull at this point in time. GTAIV was a perfect game, I loved it.

I will probably eventually play GTAVI when it comes, but I'm more concerned with RDR3 (or whatever game replaces it) that will focus on that serious storytelling side of Rockstar that's not found in the cartoonish GTA games.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 03:24:20 AM »
Bet GTAVI will be released with the PS6.

Holding my breath.

Below Average

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 03:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
I never thought I would lose faith in Rockstar but here we are. I kind of lost hope after RDR2 as I found it rather lifeless, boring, and held your hand pretty hard.
[close]

This is a crazy take to me. I think RDR2 is the best game ever made and I doubt that Rockstar or any other dev will ever put the money and time into the development of a single player story mode ever again. Yes, the story missions are very linear, but the writing and characters were so rich it allowed you to focus on the story. In the meantime, doing all the sidequests and hunting and challenges and all that is just crazy. I will never do them all but it's really impressive to know that there are hundreds of hours of gameplay on that disc if I choose to go back and do it. The game is full of life.

However, I agree that GTAV was pretty shitty. Didn't like the characters, didn't like the story. The gameplay was a GTA but it's kinda dull at this point in time. GTAIV was a perfect game, I loved it.

I will probably eventually play GTAVI when it comes, but I'm more concerned with RDR3 (or whatever game replaces it) that will focus on that serious storytelling side of Rockstar that's not found in the cartoonish GTA games.

I agree. Red Dead Redemption 2 was hands down the best open world game I’ve ever played. I put so many hours into that game during 2020 and I’m still not at 100% completion. It’s hard to imagine that Rockstar will top that game especially after the departure of Dan Houser, but I have faith that VI will exceed our expectations. They have always been known to raise the bar in the industry. I know the gta trilogy remasters were a disaster, but if I’m not mistaken I think they outsourced it to another developer, hence why it wasn’t up to par with their standards when it comes to quality.

GTAV wasn’t my favorite either but I still enjoyed it. I didn’t think the story really came together very well at the end, and having three protagonists made the missions and progression kind of messy at times. They should just stick to one protagonist in my opinion. There were also so many things missing from previous installments that made the gamesfun like gang wars, pool, bowling, etc. GTA V was huge and very “life like” but at the same time felt very hollow and empty.  The activities and side missions after completing the story were kind of boring tbh besides the drug trafficking missions that you can do with Trevor, and even that gets boring after a few times. And who the fuck wants to do yoga in gta?? Lol

I really hope they take these things into consideration and include better activities/ side missions in VI and make the story longer with a little bit more of a serious tone like GTA IV.  Knowing Rockstar though, I’m sure they will release another banger like RDR2.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 03:22:28 PM »
Bet GTAVI will be released with the PS6.

Holding my breath.

Yep coming in 2030

Verdugo

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 04:41:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know it’s subjective but I just find a game like Shenmue, that came out in the year 1999 to be way more in depth than RDR2. Especially in the dialogue department. I personally like games with a smaller city map with more things to do like the Yakuza Series and Shenmue. There is also mini games galore in Yakuza to gain experience and do random tasks around town that are actually fun. In RDR2 to build the house you just keep pressing x. I don’t like the open world structure of huge map with barely anything on it. I personally liked GTA5’s world more than RDR2. I also hate in RDR2 how if you start a mission, even a side mission, you will get a “Mission Failed”, even if go a little off course. Story wise it’s alright. Doesn’t touch anything like Metal Gear Solid 1-4. That’s just my opinion.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

Pony_Slaystation

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2023, 07:39:26 AM »
I can’t believe this is actually happening. It’s been 10 years since V came out.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2023, 03:48:39 PM »
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 05:04:13 PM »
That game looks next level... lets hope they can release it looking that good and without it being half done full of bugs

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 05:36:26 PM »
Wow.

The last GTA I played was Vice City. This looks fucking insane. Same city, different era and so many more layers to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnb-tmlTSqU

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2023, 06:11:26 PM »
shoutout to them for incorporating tiktok/IG Live into the game. Rockstar truly never misses
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 86
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2023, 03:16:10 AM »
Did someone leak the trailer early? Wasn't it expecting it just yet, but it looks awesome, I'm so stoked for this game!

Pony_Slaystation

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2023, 12:49:24 PM »
That whole trailer sums up modern day Florida lol.  This game is going to be incredible.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2023, 02:57:49 AM »
Looks super good Vice City is my favourite so I'm stoked!!!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2023, 01:19:49 PM »
Where’s the surfing? I heard there’s surfing
listen to cosmic psychos

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 07:11:49 PM »
Where’s the surfing? I heard there’s surfing

Rockstar made "Surfing H3O" for PS2. It was not bad, I liked it better than the Kelly Slater series, overall.

Rockstar also made the Dave Mirra Series games and Thrasher Skate and Destroy. If they embed all of those into one game, it would be amazing!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2023, 06:32:03 AM »
trailer looks wild. bummed we have to wait another year for this but looking forward to playing it.