Author Topic: The WELLNESS OUTREACH & SUPPORT Thread  (Read 28556 times)

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The WELLNESS OUTREACH & SUPPORT Thread
« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2024, 05:15:03 AM »
Expand Quote
@Dark Knight Bro please let us know if we can help in any way
[close]

Doing the best I can, man.  Can barely use my hands.  For those that aren’t aware I developed a very debilitating neurological disorder about 3 weeks ago. It causes 24/7 bodily convulsions/contractions/tremors from my nose to my toes. It’s affecting my airway worse and worse everyday. Only reason I’m even able to type this out is because my hands and fingers are working at the moment but it’s super painful…so yeah.

Yikes mate, sorry to hear there and I wish you the best!

Was asked to leave my house last week, so rather then repeat the same cycles of fighting and "forgiveness", I called her bluff and actually left. Of course now I'm the asshole that doesn't "want to work things out" and never loved her to begin with. Been staying with some local family that I haven't seen in some time and was very close to in the past but have been relatively isolated for the last 7ish years (not always by choice). It's tough, part of me wants to go back (mainly because of my dogs) but a lot of it has been really freeing, as it's not been the easiest of rides and healthiest of circumstances. Just in a bit of a weird headspace, trying not to succumb to the manipulation and stay strong in my truth but without my animals, it's honestly tough, I miss them every day and it honestly breaks my heart to be away from them. I'll fight for them though, as they are the closest thing I will probably ever have to children.   
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

lemonchicken91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #421 on: January 20, 2024, 09:17:52 AM »
That's rough, stay strong.

10 toes down. I understand my gf and I have been fightingrecently because we are both stressed

I got a new job this year and am making more money than ever but it is draining me mentally and I haven't been able to be there as much emotionally. My gf has lupus and she is having to use a cane since last christmas and none of the doctors or meds seem to help much.

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2024, 04:46:44 AM »
That's rough, stay strong.

10 toes down. I understand my gf and I have been fighting recently because we are both stressed

I got a new job this year and am making more money than ever but it is draining me mentally and I haven't been able to be there as much emotionally. My gf has lupus and she is having to use a cane since last christmas and none of the doctors or meds seem to help much.

Appreciate it that and I hope things work out on your end, that's rough with the lupus. My job situation is the same, it's good money but it's draining and just leaves me feeling like I have no time for myself, which I mindlessly fill with purchasing skate stuff and nostalgic items, but barely skating and actually doing what I'd really like to do. When you get two people with a variety of mental health issues together, it can get complicated really quick and when you add diverging personalities, the power dynamic can be a recipe for disaster. Life lesson kids: Trauma bonding is never the way to go, just because you have shared characteristics, doesn't make you compatible or "right" for each other. But honestly, I was so desperate at the time when we got together to get out of my cycle of addiction and relapse (I knew I was going to die, either on accident or my own accord) that I held onto any even mildly reenforcing attention I could get, knowing that it was no healthy, but too weak and desperate to do or say otherwise. It's been 7 years now and it has taken a lot of work, self-reflection and therapy to get to a place where I even almost feel comfortable leaving. It's been almost 2 weeks now and being away from my animals is probably going to draw me back in, I can't stand being away from them, still constantly buying them toys and treats even when I'm not with them. They are my children, since I will most likely never have children of my own, and to be apart from them is really getting me depressed and feeling like I just want to give up on it all, that spark of joy and wonderment that they bring being extinguished from my life. 

Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

Grassb0mbBangurm0m

• Rep: 0
« Reply #423 on: February 08, 2024, 03:02:22 PM »
Hey pals

I'm coming off of sertraline (i think called zoloft for the American pals) and mood stabilizers and I'm kind of a fucking mess suffering from withdrawal. Pretty much the worst time of year for someone to come off antidepressants as well thinking about it.

Found this thread today and have been reading through a couple pages, I hope you guys are doing well, truly. This site has given me a lot of good laughs.

Peace homies

sertraline is a bitch. you're hopefully out of withdrawals now but wanted to say you're brave as fuck for going off both, that takes a lot of strength no matter your reason for dropping your meds.
Big ups!

buttchin

• Rep: 18
« Reply #424 on: February 17, 2024, 09:42:28 PM »
Did any of you pals experience weight gain from medications?
Zyprexa was the worst for me and made me gain around 80 lbs within a year. Im currently on Abilify and Trileptal now, and I haven’t any gained weight, but I also haven’t lost weight either. I am currently hovering around 290-295lbs and it is by far the heaviest I have ever been. Skateboarding at my weight is temporary out of the picture, and the only excerise I do is at my job working as a valet, jogging back and forth to retrieve and deliver cars. I am just hoping that I can figure out some type of diet and exercise plan to help get me comfortable on a skateboard again

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 41
« Reply #425 on: February 23, 2024, 11:51:48 AM »
I keep coming here to say stuff and realizing that some people's problems are way worse...
But Damn the Medications. We need them but they come with so many problems attached...
Zoloft made me not give a damn about anything at all. Job, girlfriend, family...
Prozac cratered my sex drive and it hasn't come back (off 3 years)
Wellbutrin just didn't do much at all. And some combination of the above made me want to eat EVERYTHING. Mostly chocolate covered everything.
Except maybe some of this stuff is my pathology and not the meds. Keeps me always second guessing my own brain.
So I hope y'all others who are doing this brain chemistry experiment find the combination that works for you. Or another way. Skateboarding is the only reason I get out of bed, these days.....

gringo_viejo

« Reply #426 on: February 23, 2024, 12:03:18 PM »
About to either quit or get fired from my fourth job in five years. "We have to go through a process," they say. "But have a wonderful weekend," they say. I'd go hit the bowl, but my back is out. Shit.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #427 on: February 24, 2024, 03:43:01 PM »
I’ve been feeling especially lonely since I’ve got my 2 bedroom apartment to myself. Most of the decor was my roommate’s so now the place is looking deserted and sparse. I can even hear an echo whenever I close a door or step too loudly. Also feel like I’m taking a huge step backwards because I’m losing the place and will have to move back in with my mom. Feeling like I should’ve taken my psychologist up on the ketamine treatment.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 04:56:31 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

gringo_viejo

« Reply #428 on: February 26, 2024, 09:08:41 AM »
I’ve been feeling especially lonely since I’ve got my 2 bedroom apartment to myself. Most of the decor was my roommate’s so now the place is looking deserted and sparse. I can even hear an echo whenever I close a door or step too loudly. Also feel like I’m taking a huge step backwards because I’m losing the place and will have to move back in with my mom. Feeling like I should’ve taken my psychologist up on the ketamine treatment.

Having to live your adult life out of mom and dad's basement/office: hard.
Those hometown people who ask, "so what are you up to these days? What being you back to Midlanowhere, SD?" Double hard
Having a family that actually gives a damn: priceless.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #429 on: March 21, 2024, 10:25:04 AM »
Yo. I was pretty much in your postion, am somewhat back into it, including the ketamine treatment. A few things I want to share with you:

1. Ketamine treatment is a lot of work, and you have to continually get treated with it because it wears off. I believe you also have to spend an hour at the Dr.s' office after for monitoring and have someone to drive you. I had a Dr trying to hint to me to do it but he was a Dr. Feelgood that wore wooden fucking clogs and would have my scripts for what I take prewritten and would hand them to me when I walked in for the appointment. I knew this guy was just giving me drugs so I switched Dr.s' to one that is a true professional in 2019 and even though I changed insurance, I pay out of pocket for someone who actually takes the time to make sure I'm doing good.

2. At the beginning of 2020 I moved home from my apartment, felt like a huge step back, everything closed a month later. Not having the financial burden of an apartment that sucked was a huge stress relief and the year at home allowed me to plan my next moves which encouraged me to find a new job, and I got my dream job.

3. I just moved home again. Housing was included with my job, but I transferred because I was living on a protected area of land with no neighbors around, you had to do offroading to get to and from the house, and it was far so I was isolated for 3 years. I moved back, and its only hard because I'm not used to being around cars, hearing sirens, seeing businesses, and being in one room. But it's getting better and has already helped me plan more moves. I have stress off me now that I have a healthier home and life balance and it's helping me be more ambitious at work and in my personal life.

I wasn't getting on slap hardly ever because I couldn't skate living out there, so I forgot some of the issues you were dealing with but I remember talking to you a few times.

Living out there was really hard. I had constant car problems from bumping up and down the dirt road, constantly patching and replacing tires, having mechanical issues and not being able to get to a shop because I couldn't drive to the road I was so far back. I couldn't stand the only other person I worked with, I was overworked, and stressed the fuck out not having any social interaction. It was fun sometimes, and it hasn't been the easiest knowing I no longer get to walk out to a beautiful area at the end of the day, or just to see out my window and get me inspired, but there's a lot of things here that are making me see that its bigger.

tldr: moving home is not bad, it can help you reset/plan your next moves. I was really bummed at first moving back each time, but it always works out. Not only that but try to stay in a positive mindset even if it doesn't feel like you. I am incredibly hard on myself about everything. Even now I feel like almost everything I do at work or for myself is half assed even when I go to the extreme to do quality work. Hang in there fella!

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • sup dog
« Reply #430 on: March 27, 2024, 06:42:55 AM »
Hi, I didn’t know any better place to post this, but it’s from a year ago. Comic for Why so Sad, read by Rattray.

It references without naming it EMDR, which is really great for processing past things. Cool shoutout to “What Happened to You” book that he’s reading at the end in a panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1FaU9fB,9c