Author Topic: Nollie heelflip  (Read 1707 times)

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Nollie heelflip
« on: February 07, 2022, 09:09:40 PM »
For 14 years i have tried to learn them. I can maybe on a good day mob them but never felt like i landed a decent one. Switch one i can pull off most of the time but my flick just sucks ass generally on switch/nollie heelflip tricks.

How do you actually pop or flick these correctly?

gin

• Rep: 4
Re: Nollie heelflip
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 01:25:04 PM »
I think getting a solid nollie pop is pretty key, what's sort of worked for me is to point my popping foot so that it pops forward, rather than straight down.

I've got a different problem, but I find I always turn frontside and end up doing a nollie front heel instead.
On the otherhand, fakie heelflips are my go to flip trick, even over regular kickflips and heelflips.
Might be need more practice with straightening out and getting over nerves from previous close calls with credit carding.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 01:36:52 PM »
Watch the first trick of this video in like 0.25x. It helped me a lot, it clicked for some reason.
I’ve been doing them for like 10+ years, not consistently but I love the trick.
Basically try to mimic his foot placement cos I find it perfect.
Do not underestimate the importance of your front leg in this. The stretch you do, similarly with nollie flips. I can’t explain it any better sorry.
Back foot placement will take a bit of trial and error but it’s ok. Weirdly enough I have different flicking techniques for nollie/switch heels. While I kinda have the same for nollie/switch flips.

video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 06:03:01 AM »
I love doing nollie heels. I’ll echo the advice above about the pop. With nollie and switch tricks getting a solid forceful snap off the tail/nose is crucial. It doesn’t matter how well you flick if you whiff the pop. Also I agree with the pal above that you should try to pop with a little forward motion, not just straight down. As for the flick… kick more out and back than to the side. Like a good kickflip you want to flick forward off the nose more than off the side. You’ll be stomping fatty nollie heels in no time!

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 04:46:45 AM »
Thanks for tips, noticed that steeper board somehow makes the trick so much easier to me. They are still pretty mob but atleast they are more consistant.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2023, 06:51:14 PM »
Bringing this thread back - when I try nollie heels, my body always moves in the direction my toes are facing, and I barely land on the board at all. It's always at least 90% behind my back. Is there a specific thing, or things, I can do to avoid this? It's the same problem that's been plaguing me for years with this trick.

What I might be doing wrong is leaning over a lot when I bend down to pop so the majority of my weight is already toe-side too much. Or maybe I'm just scared, I don't know.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 10:51:12 PM »
You want to push your board towards 2 o’clock and you want to jump towards 8 o’clock….you will probably only actually do one of these…but that should be enough….

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2023, 03:20:11 AM »
You want to push your board towards 2 o’clock and you want to jump towards 8 o’clock….you will probably only actually do one of these…but that should be enough….

Is this a regular or goofy explanation? Anyways every trick tip should include the clock thing

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 08:43:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is this a regular or goofy explanation? Anyways every trick tip should include the clock thing

Good to know, slightly push the board, move my body moreso in the same direction. I'll try it out. Guess I really have to shift my body - it's kind of the same thing with switch flips, takes a lot of effort to move my body properly to avoid toe drag.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 06:26:03 PM »
ah...you're right, regular...the point is you have to push your board forward and towards the toe side, because what always happens with the trick is it just flops behind you.  It's way easier to manage doing a switch heel which you can just jump straight up, going forwards you almost have to kick it in front of you. 

I think ollie flip the same applies kicking your board forward....

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2023, 02:07:26 PM »
ah...you're right, regular...the point is you have to push your board forward and towards the toe side, because what always happens with the trick is it just flops behind you.  It's way easier to manage doing a switch heel which you can just jump straight up, going forwards you almost have to kick it in front of you. 

I think ollie flip the same applies kicking your board forward....

You’re a gentleman and a scholar and I appreciate your wisdom, west coast legend <3