Author Topic: Whats your high score with stairs?  (Read 6990 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
Re: Whats your high score with stairs?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2022, 08:50:00 AM »

height wise I did a skatepark big 4 maybe as high as the ATL big for, but damn sure not as long

FOGDOG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2022, 09:12:12 AM »
Ollied a 13 but it was about 14 years ago.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2022, 09:13:40 AM »
6 maybe 12

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2022, 09:27:44 AM »
My hometown park had an 8 and a 12 that were literally the same height, but the 12 was just slightly longer. I ollied the 8 as a grom and tried the 12 later and failed.

So in short, my answer is 9

Ambient Johnny

• Rep: -14
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2022, 09:34:07 AM »
10 I think. Haven't even thought about going down stairs in years... Fakie fs flip could be cool at some point though.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2022, 09:39:41 AM »
9 in idaho falls and its a big nine. At the civic auditorium and i was like 15. Backside flip a few doubles and kickflip drops that were over head high but had few good sets of stairs growing up. I also popped tricks pretty high so going over an 8 stair rail was never an issue. That said im much more proud of the tech tricks i have done.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2022, 10:58:05 AM »
Maxed out at 8? I feel like I could have done a slightly bigger set at my best but at the time I swear it was hard to find perfect sets wherever I was living - something was always a bit fucked up.

There was a set that felt like a bigger accomplishment to that was only a 6 but you had to ollie a foot before the edge so it felt way bigger.

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2022, 11:10:25 AM »
I ollied a long 8 set when I was 14.  Its flat as shit where I live so it was the biggest set in my town that you could actually skate.  At the time I probably could have done a few basic tricks down it but the runway was so fucked I didn't even want to try anything else.  If there had been a 12 stair around I probably could have done something about that big but almost 25 years later I'll stick to the old "if you can't ollie up it don't ollie down it" rule.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2022, 11:19:55 AM »
6... felt like 7 tho and I moved out west after that and saw both a 10 and 12 that I knew I could Ollie at least, but my girl was over be slamming onto the ground. I don't blame her she skates and when she's eaten shit it's freaked me out. Anymore it's the old if you can't Ollie up it-you don't Ollie of it. I'll say that if she's ever out of town and I feel froggy I might just try a ten... I mean a 10 pout west is like a 7 back east? Or sum shit like that? 
Whoa. Danger.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2022, 11:20:09 AM »
There’s a 12 stair in Massachusetts that people used to film their bangers on. If you could do a trick down the Melrose 12 you were considered good at skating. I jumped down that one once. A couple years later I ollied the 5 flat 5 at the same school on a whim to see if I could do it. I’ve taken the “if you can’t ollie up it don’t ollie down it” approach to street skating for most of my life, so I’m stoked that I did those when I was a teenager. I still think that I have a handrail or two in the tank if I could find the right rail

8)

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2022, 11:40:38 AM »
east coast 12

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2022, 11:47:03 AM »
9.   Summer of '92? 

Rolled up to it and there were a couple younger local kids.  They saw that I was thinking about it and told me "Don't do it.  We've seen three people try and two got hurt reeeaaall bad."   Which meant I had to.  Clipped the last stair with my tail on the first try.  Cleaned it on my second.  Was scared the whole time.

https://findskatespots.com/spots/portland-me/21-elm-street-portland-high-school-9-stair-rail

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2022, 11:49:18 AM »
Ollied 7, kickflipped and bs 180ed 6, did a variety of tricks down 5.  My stairs career peaked around age 15 so it’s been a while. 

I did ollie a 4 a few years ago which I was happy with.  As an adult the difference between 3 stairs and 4 stairs seems like a big leap for some reason.  I can casually still do basic tricks down 3 but I have to  psych myself up to jump down 4.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2022, 12:08:34 PM »

I had a floaty fiver I could ollie both down and up.

I used to jump down pretty big gaps though. gaps didn't freak me out like stairs for some reason.

there was a parking lot gap, probably the equivalent of a 10+, across from a place called China Garden that made me quit stairs/gaps though. Sketchy concrete walk way to a grass gap to parking lot with a line of parking blocks that needed to be cleared. Was clearning it and landing one foot a few times and the last try, the rear truck got stuck on the parking block and i was done.

I think I've got the 5 in me still. It's been like 15 years but I'm healthy as fuck (knock on wood)  ;D
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2022, 12:27:26 PM »
5050 a 7 stair hubba. I remember rolling away and being surprised that I was still somehow on my board.

Bailed on a 10 stair a bunch of times but never committed to actually going down with it.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2022, 01:43:43 PM »
4 as a teen... I was always a flatground guy so was happy with that back then.

15 years of snowboarding later and I've got the commitment to try probably up to a 8-10 stair, doesn't seem that big after doing various gaps and big jumps on a snowboard... but I'm not going to start writing cheques that my body can't cash.

I'm annoyed that I can't time travel my current commitment and confidence back to 2001, could have made use of it when I was less breakable.

Back in the present, I think if I found a mellow 4 set somewhere local I'd probably have a few goes, don't think I'd want to risk trying to flip it though.

Ollieing up ledges is my thing these days, super satisfying if they're 1ft+

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2022, 02:27:27 PM »
I did a 9 and 11 in a line when I was 17. A month later I bailed a mammoth 12 stair (my feet didn’t even clear the set on my only attempt haha) and pretty much stopped after that. I’m 35 now but I did ollie a 4 set this past summer lol. Flipping down stairs always really freaked me out after breaking my ankle, never kickflipped anything bigger than a 5. Also, east coast, because it matters  :-*
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2022, 03:56:25 PM »
1o, but the biggest set I ollied was a real big 3 block thing that i think would be like a regular 12. As many others have said, not fun at all but it seemed important to do at the time.

I would rather skate up three stairs these days than down any.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2022, 04:50:29 PM »
How many bloards can you ollie.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2022, 05:01:45 PM »
Ollie - 12
Kickflip - 10
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

gabba ghoul

• Rep: -12
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2022, 05:05:13 PM »
ollied a few crazy 8's.
attempted a 10 or 2. did not commit.
kf a famous 6 in sf.
lot of tricks down 5
olied up 4

Bupstop

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2022, 05:06:28 PM »
8 stairs and I wish I never did any stairs or handrails at this point. I always sucked at them and it would take me 1000 tries to land anything. Should have stuck with ledges, curbs and flatbars.

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 11
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2022, 05:08:02 PM »
Do boneless count?
Hangin' with a cool bunch

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2022, 05:09:57 PM »
13 many many moons ago. My motto now is "if I can't jump up it, I won't jump down it".

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2022, 05:19:36 PM »
Most stairs would probably be a 7 or 8, however i feel like some gaps I have skated had been closer to a 9

seems tough to estimate the stair count if the gap is a grass gap or 3-4 block

Frutsiseltzer

• Rep: 4
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2022, 05:33:57 PM »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2022, 05:39:31 PM »
How many bloards can you ollie.

I used to love ollieing decks hahaha I think the highest I got was 6. I think a tennis net or a mountain bike was the highest thing I ever snapped over. I'm stoked I can still clear a metal can on its side 8)
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2022, 06:02:47 PM »
8 or 9, I think

oddly I was always more comfortable doing a pop shove down stairs than any other trick, even an ollie

west coast

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1226
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2022, 06:08:49 PM »
with my armor on its lyon 25

without it im useless

commie

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2022, 06:27:07 PM »
I did a shove-it down an 8 when I was around 19. I found some footage from around that time of me trying to ollie a crusty 9, landing on the board and falling forward, which is funny because I have zero recollection of trying it.

I broke my leg badly skating a 6 when I was a kid and that turned me off stair skating. Now that I'm in my thirties, I don't do anything besides an occasional straight ollie maybe down a 5-6 at most.