Author Topic: Popping tre flips  (Read 1516 times)

Vegeta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Popping tre flips
« on: February 10, 2022, 02:39:58 PM »
How do you pop tre flips higher? When I do mine they feel like a really hard shuvit and barely get off the ground. the only time i can get some air on them is when doing them on a euro gap  or a bump, but on flat i cant even pop them over a board. I see people popping them into grinds, or over stuff and it just blows my mind how some peeps can tre flip 50 on a knee high ledge.

Any advice would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 02:49:13 PM by Vegeta »

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
Re: Popping tre flips
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 04:42:05 AM »
I've only ever learned them by just kicking my board like a hard varial which as a kid blew my mind after trying and failing them for so long by many people's methods of scooping, then flipping. I think it was just a case of being less conscious of the former and thinking more of the flick.

That's how I get mine to flip a bunch, plus I tend to put a lot of pressure on back foot and then pop it, flicking as hard as I can with my front foot to get the flip going. If I'm skating up a Euro gap or something then I tend get my front foot more on the board to flick it outwards with more force and get it flipping quicker.

Maybe try that if you're going up/over or onto something?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 08:41:41 AM »
pop then scoop

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 11:31:45 AM »
I can mostly feel that on pyramid hips (on flat with old man legs is harder) but the more actual ollie action you will put into the pop, the more you'll be able to just suck your feet up and have the board come up along with them if that makes sense. Basically don't think of the scoop as something sideways and have it all be in the foot positioning, toes on the right pressure points, I know I lodge my front foot deeper and closer to the center of my board when I'm using the momentum of a bank to get height (pyramids again). Then once in place all you should have to do is pop straight down and literally just ollie, then just the ollie motion (dragging your foot up) combined with the flick at top should form the trick. You want to form it on your way up and catch it at the peak if not earlier (that's really talking ideally) even if that means sort of shiftying it on occasion. Aim for a brutal vertical spring, bring your knees up, think strong smack and rebound of the tail to then redirect by sort of flinging upwards. You kind of want a quick flip as well which is why on some good ones sometimes the board barely seems to really flip and looks like it barely detaches from the front foot (which doesn't mean you now have to be silly with your back foot).

This is probably especially valid for popping 360 flips over something by the way, maybe not into grinds, I've never tried that.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 11:46:25 AM »
@DGKALIS

Maybe you can give us the lowdown
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

FriedEggHotSauce

• Rep: -2
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 05:32:59 AM »
You basically dont scoop and just pop down hard and your foot positioning is not hanging over the edge as much. it is morre towards the back rather than close to the bolts. What I mean when i say you dont scoop is that your muscle memory is already gong to want to scoop if you are thinking about doing a treflip so now just focus 90% on popping down and 10% on the scooop and you should still be slightly scooping enough to get your full rotation.

watch jordan mourning explain it in this vid

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2022, 09:32:17 AM »
You just pop it like your going to Ollie high than start the tre flip a millisecond later

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2022, 11:14:53 AM »
Make sure you're popping them on the way up, not at the top of your jump. Also make sure you're popping down before you "scoop" to impart the rotation, thinking of it as two separate motions helped me.

Also found that a shorter board with a tighter wheelbase makes them less tiring to do over and over again if you're grinding.

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 11:17:08 AM »
At what point do I ‘ride away clean’?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1217
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 11:27:10 AM »
Absolute myth.  Cannot be done.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.