Would you agree

Yes
149 (48.5%)
No
106 (34.5%)
Results
52 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 304

Author Topic: FA should stand for Fucking Awful  (Read 13369 times)

Don

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
Re: FA should stand for Fucking Awful
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2022, 11:23:21 PM »
Literally best board brand and it shows

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -293
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2022, 11:36:59 PM »

I don’t think you know what “literally” means.

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2022, 11:52:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t think you know what “literally” means.

Silence, oldhead

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 2
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2022, 12:03:10 AM »
If FA was sick Rowan would ride for them. End of Story
Icehead

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -293
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2022, 02:40:19 AM »

If my memory serves me correctly, AVE reached out to him and he turned him down?

CaptainCheeks

• Rep: 5
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2022, 06:43:16 AM »
I don't really hate FA and hockey aight I used to actually like the shape but paying 20 bucks more for a shape is wild especially when like 3 to 4 other companies make that shape now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2022, 06:59:29 AM »
hockey is alright though, right?
can/ do you rock burzum tho?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

whagman

• Rep: -15
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2022, 02:19:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that’s supreme’s territory blanco nino.

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 79
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2022, 02:35:36 PM »
I was at the local indoor skatepark, I guess the winter before covid, and there was a young teenage lad skating wearing these all over print FA sweatpants, and some type of FA sweatshirt, with some all over print on it.

They were the goofiest looking clothes and he looked kind of like a clown, but hey, I used to be with it, but then they changed want "IT" was.

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2022, 03:06:06 PM »
bad take, baker skaters do not leave thats just how it is
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

i halfcab board ledges

• Rep: 12
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2022, 03:07:10 PM »
agreeing with this thread agrees with joey brezenski 20 white claws deep....
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1326
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2022, 03:15:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Unfortunately Hockey has used Brurzum as well eg Andrew Allen Hockey II

Burzum sucks guys stop using them please
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2022, 07:16:04 PM »
I was at the local indoor skatepark, I guess the winter before covid, and there was a young teenage lad skating wearing these all over print FA sweatpants, and some type of FA sweatshirt, with some all over print on it.

They were the goofiest looking clothes and he looked kind of like a clown, but hey, I used to be with it, but then they changed want "IT" was.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2022, 07:49:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2022, 08:21:56 PM »
I don't really hate FA and hockey aight I used to actually like the shape but paying 20 bucks more for a shape is wild especially when like 3 to 4 other companies make that shape now.

To be fair, seems like an overall price increase. I've seen Baker decks online for 70-75 recently and even DLX is up to 65-70 for non team decks. Is it just me or is it an overall generator price increase? PS seems to only have a small increase and China made (e.g. Dwindle and Crail) havent really gone up at all.

Edit: just checked and both locals I frequent sell FA for around the same price as Baker

cky enthusiast

« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2022, 05:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
In Spanish the adjective comes after the noun. It's 'Nino Blanco' but nobody really says that, the word for a white boy is Gringo. Are there no Mexicans where you live or what?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2022, 05:31:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

To be fair, seems like an overall price increase. I've seen Baker decks online for 70-75 recently and even DLX is up to 65-70 for non team decks. Is it just me or is it an overall generator price increase? PS seems to only have a small increase and China made (e.g. Dwindle and Crail) havent really gone up at all.

Edit: just checked and both locals I frequent sell FA for around the same price as Baker

baker is damn expensive in eu now, like 85 bucks for a deck. crazy. fa and hockey were still 75 last time i checked.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2022, 07:06:32 AM »
My local sells DLX for $60, FA for $60-$65 depending on if it’s a team rider (USA).

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 282
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2022, 07:46:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
In Spanish the adjective comes after the noun. It's 'Nino Blanco' but nobody really says that, the word for a white boy is Gringo. Are there no Mexicans where you live or what?
[close]

You may also be outraged to know that there is a man out there giving body massages.

bradtheraddad

• Rep: 27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2022, 01:16:11 PM »
> Hangs with insta bikers who rock swazis
> Started beef in a vegan restaurant
> May have funneled some money out of the company to fund who knows what?

Y'all really not gonna acknowledge this underrated dad joke (I'm a dad so I think it's FA)?

chrisskates808

« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2022, 01:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

baker is damn expensive in eu now, like 85 bucks for a deck. crazy. fa and hockey were still 75 last time i checked.

This inflation is fucking awful

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2022, 04:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote
> Hangs with insta bikers who rock swazis
> Started beef in a vegan restaurant
> May have funneled some money out of the company to fund who knows what?
[close]

Y'all really not gonna acknowledge this underrated dad joke (I'm a dad so I think it's FA)?

Not a joke. that really happened. Wknd grant got hemmed up. Spoke about it on the bunt

Leenwover

• Rep: -14
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2022, 06:41:13 PM »
Bland-Awareness.

Jum Diggins

• Rep: 1
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2022, 09:19:07 PM »
Expand Quote
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
[close]
what does Paul Allen think about FA?

I hit him in the face with an axe

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2022, 10:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
[close]
[close]

Axe? like double pits to chesty? How sheckler of you.

Jum Diggins

• Rep: 1
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2022, 05:40:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Axe? like double pits to chesty? How sheckler of you.

Yes, exactly like that