Author Topic: Place Magazine: What's going on in Ukraine (Ukrainian & Russian skaters comment  (Read 10486 times)

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 115
Expand Quote

I truly don’t even know how to respond to this. You’re advocating the “you made me do this to you” abuser logic.

[close]

Meanwhile the US is gaslighting Russia by trying to expand NATO into Ukraine and say no we're not hostile you're just crazy

Ah yes NATO - the true enemy. “The guy preventing me from being totally out of control is really to blame! The fact that NATO is the only thing keeping my aggression in check really blisters my paint! I should be allowed to violate whomever I want! Because the US did it that makes it OK!”

HeavyAndExpensive

Expand Quote
Also - the US unjustly invading countries in the past doesn’t magically absolve every other country for shitty behavior. I guess two wrong suddenly make a right.
[close]

You're just arguing on bad faith now come on. I never ever said in my posts that Russia was right to invade, they're disguising an invasion as humanitarian aid to donbass, I'm not some useful idiot who goes "US bad and Russia good because they go against US". Besides, the fucking guy who launched this invasion was PUT IN PLACE BY THE US THEMSELVES like come on are you actually reading my posts??

To be honest, I kind of stopped reading them through. Russia has been after Ukraine long before the U.S. existed,  and will continue to be, yet everyone tries to parse the blame equally between the literal aggressors, and then some how finagle the other half of the blame on to the US because they’ve done bad shit in the past.  It’s a bunch of both sidesism and frankly is exactly what Russia wants. It’s a bunch of bullshit and pseudo intellectual bullshit when the obvious is in front of your face. Russia invaded Ukraine and it unacceptable and they don’t care what you think. But if you view the unacceptable invasion of Ukraine as “Russia did it but you know really the US made them do it”, since Russia doesn’t give a shit what you think, they love the fact that blame is now being split. The very idea that some people think that Russia’s decision to invade Ukraine is somehow the fault of the US is a win for them and exactly what they want.

Also - I’m just going to stop responding. I really don’t care to try to convince anyone on a skateboarding forum that Russia sucks. Especially not when it’s going to be met with a bunch of whataboutism where people inevitability bring up US involvement in Central America, the Middle East etc. and the shitty actions there to try to justify shitty actions by Russia. In this particular instance, I just don’t understand why it’s so difficult for people to admit that Russia owns this. There always has to be some kind of caveat as to why this isn’t REALLY their fault, it’s got to be the West’s (the US in particular) fault somehow too. We can never just call an asshole an asshole. “Well ACTUALLY he’s an asshole because….”

I don’t feel like banging my head against a brick wall over Russian aggression apologists
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 03:57:26 PM by HeavyAndExpensive »

newguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also - the US unjustly invading countries in the past doesn’t magically absolve every other country for shitty behavior. I guess two wrong suddenly make a right.
[close]

You're just arguing on bad faith now come on. I never ever said in my posts that Russia was right to invade, they're disguising an invasion as humanitarian aid to donbass, I'm not some useful idiot who goes "US bad and Russia good because they go against US". Besides, the fucking guy who launched this invasion was PUT IN PLACE BY THE US THEMSELVES like come on are you actually reading my posts??
[close]

To be honest, I kind of stopped reading them through. Russia has been after Ukraine long before the U.S. existed,  and will continue to be, yet everyone tries to parse the blame equally between the literal aggressors, and then some how finagle the other half of the blame on to the US because they’ve done bad shit in the past.  It’s a bunch of both sidesism and frankly is exactly what Russia wants. It’s a bunch of bullshit and pseudo intellectual bullshit when the obvious is in front of your face. Russia invaded Ukraine and it unacceptable and they don’t care what you think. But if you view the unacceptable invasion of Ukraine as “Russia did it but you know really the US made them do it”, since Russia doesn’t give a shit what you think, they love the fact that blame is now being split. The very idea that some people think that Russia’s decision to invade Ukraine is somehow the fault of the US is a win for them and exactly what they want.

Also - I’m just going to stop responding. I really don’t care to try to convince anyone on a skateboarding forum that Russia sucks. Especially not when it’s going to be met with a bunch of whataboutism where people inevitability bring up US involvement in Central America, the Middle East etc. and the shitty actions there to try to justify shitty actions by Russia. In this particular instance, I just don’t understand why it’s so difficult for people to admit that Russia owns this. There always has to be some kind of caveat as to why this isn’t REALLY their fault, it’s got to be the West’s (the US in particular) fault somehow too. We can never just call an asshole an asshole. “Well ACTUALLY he’s an asshole because….”

I don’t feel like banging my head against a brick wall over Russian aggression apologists

HOLY SHIT I ALREADY SAID AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT RUSSIA SUCKS. READING MOTHERFUCKER, CAN YOU DO IT?? The reason you won't read any of my comments is two fold lol: first, you're a liberal who thinks the west is a shining beacon of progress and equality, raining down gifts of democracy on the world. Most of the time that rain of gifts is mostly bombs and drone strikes though. You're a massive cliche as well who has no knowledge of history, no understanding of causality and seem to be allergic to picturing historical and geo-political events in their globality.

>Russia has been after Ukraine long before the U.S. existed
Literally making fucking shit up, Ukraine as a country only came into being when the Soviet union disbanded, thanks to the US btw. Prior to that it was split between Poland and the Russian Empire and later became a Republic in the Soviet Union, you're not operating on bad faith, you're just a dumb arse

>yet everyone tries to parse the blame equally between the literal aggressors, and then some how finagle the other half of the blame on to the US because they’ve done bad shit in the past.

Motherfucker this is literally how history works, the past has an effect on the present, how is that so hard to understand, the very reason Russia is  a fascist hellhole run by a psychopath is because the US FUCKING PUT HIM THERE IN  THE FIRST PLACE

>It’s a bunch of both sidesism and frankly is exactly what Russia wants.

Condemning both sides doesn't prevent me from saying that the war sucks, that both sides suck, and that the people of ukraine were betrayed by literally everyone you absolute nonce.

>It’s a bunch of bullshit and pseudo intellectual bullshit when the obvious is in front of your face.

What's obvious and in my face about this conflict is that people like you exist and genuinely believe one side to be good and the other bad, go around straw maning arguments, making shit up to conform your neat worldview, disregard uncofomrtable truths and operate on such a bad faith level it's actually sort of funny

>Russia invaded Ukraine and it unacceptable and they don’t care what you think.

I've stated this in ever single one of my fucking posts, and Russia as a whole does not support the war, Putin decided to invade, not the russian people. Guess the sum of all parts is simpler to digest, a monolithic enemy is more reassuring and striking I imagine. Again, liberal brainworms poking through

>Also - I’m just going to stop responding. I really don’t care to try to convince anyone on a skateboarding forum that Russia sucks. Especially not when it’s going to be met with a bunch of whataboutism where people inevitability bring up US involvement in Central America, the Middle East etc. and the shitty actions there to try to justify shitty actions by Russia

I wonder why people keep bringing up shitty US foreign policies and coups, placing horrible regimes and leaders in countries that cannot afford their rule, fucking up entire regions of the globe in the process? Idk they must be Putin apologists ig

>We can never just call an asshole an asshole. “Well ACTUALLY he’s an asshole because….”

No we can't call them an asshole just because he's an asshole, reducing history to assholes is frankly insulting to anyone who knows how to read books, Putin is not an asshole, he is an imperialist ready to do anything to conserve his sphere of influence, and he gives no shits about invading another country and starting a war if it means he gets to access blue water ports and more power. Once you put this down then you can say he's an asshole you precious ass.

>I don’t feel like banging my head against a brick wall over Russian aggression apologists

i fucking give up, my only hope is that other people read this painful thread and back me up on this, because I never said once that russia was bad.

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -77
Russia has been after Ukraine long before the U.S. existed
Kievan Rus included territory/populations which are now part of modern Ukraine, Belarus & Russia. How you parse those divisions depends on whose revisionist history you prefer.

This Russian aggression is unconscionable, also, ignoring the context is a concession to imperialism, whether it be Russian, American or NATO flavored.

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
https://radioopensource.org/the-view-from-ukraine/ (January 27th)
https://radioopensource.org/russian-invasion/

Both of these are nuanced listens that actually may help someone better understand the situation. Don't agree with everything said but it's far more well informed and informative then this mess (cough*newguy*cough).

Take anything you've read on this forum regarding Ukraine/Russia with an enormous grain of salt. This is a just a skateboarding forum which, as we all know, are practically idiot magnets.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 08:12:59 AM by Mariatorresflores »

HeavyAndExpensive

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

HOLY SHIT I ALREADY SAID AGAIN AND AGAIN THAT RUSSIA SUCKS. READING MOTHERFUCKER, CAN YOU DO IT?? The reason you won't read any of my comments is two fold lol: first, you're a liberal who thinks the west is a shining beacon of progress and equality, raining down gifts of democracy on the world. Most of the time that rain of gifts is mostly bombs and drone strikes though. You're a massive cliche as well who has no knowledge of history, no understanding of causality and seem to be allergic to picturing historical and geo-political events in their globality.

Literally making fucking shit up, Ukraine as a country only came into being when the Soviet union disbanded, thanks to the US btw. Prior to that it was split between Poland and the Russian Empire and later became a Republic in the Soviet Union, you're not operating on bad faith, you're just a dumb arse

>yet everyone tries to parse the blame equally between the literal aggressors, and then some how finagle the other half of the blame on to the US because they’ve done bad shit in the past.

Motherfucker this is literally how history works, the past has an effect on the present, how is that so hard to understand, the very reason Russia is  a fascist hellhole run by a psychopath is because the US FUCKING PUT HIM THERE IN  THE FIRST PLACE

Condemning both sides doesn't prevent me from saying that the war sucks, that both sides suck, and that the people of ukraine were betrayed by literally everyone you absolute nonce.

>It’s a bunch of bullshit and pseudo intellectual bullshit when the obvious is in front of your face.

What's obvious and in my face about this conflict is that people like you exist and genuinely believe one side to be good and the other bad, go around straw maning arguments, making shit up to conform your neat worldview, disregard uncofomrtable truths and operate on such a bad faith level it's actually sort of funny

I've stated this in ever single one of my fucking posts, and Russia as a whole does not support the war, Putin decided to invade, not the russian people. Guess the sum of all parts is simpler to digest, a monolithic enemy is more reassuring and striking I imagine. Again, liberal brainworms poking through

>Also - I’m just going to stop responding. I really don’t care to try to convince anyone on a skateboarding forum that Russia sucks. Especially not when it’s going to be met with a bunch of whataboutism where people inevitability bring up US involvement in Central America, the Middle East etc. and the shitty actions there to try to justify shitty actions by Russia

I wonder why people keep bringing up shitty US foreign policies and coups, placing horrible regimes and leaders in countries that cannot afford their rule, fucking up entire regions of the globe in the process? Idk they must be Putin apologists ig

>We can never just call an asshole an asshole. “Well ACTUALLY he’s an asshole because….”

No we can't call them an asshole just because he's an asshole, reducing history to assholes is frankly insulting to anyone who knows how to read books, Putin is not an asshole, he is an imperialist ready to do anything to conserve his sphere of influence, and he gives no shits about invading another country and starting a war if it means he gets to access blue water ports and more power. Once you put this down then you can say he's an asshole you precious ass.

>I don’t feel like banging my head against a brick wall over Russian aggression apologists

i fucking give up, my only hope is that other people read this painful thread and back me up on this, because I never said once that russia was bad.

Man OK wow man mind blown. I haven’t ever read a book on anything ever, let alone Russian or Ukrainian history! Hey thanks for enlightening me. Wow. I didn’t read any of that. Here’s a sweet music video I think you might like:

Also: “the UkrAinIan STate is new so Da RUSsians we’re NevEr AFTer it cAuse it WasnT caLLed UKraine eVen THougH it was UKraine in all but MoDERN offIcial StatehooD terms” is probably the dumbest take ever.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 05:09:58 PM by HeavyAndExpensive »

cky enthusiast

caution: geniuses at work

cky enthusiast

the current secretary general of NATO is leaving his post in a few months to head up the bank of norway, a 1.4 trillion dollar hedge fund which is heavily invested in GAZPROM but it’s more fun to call people yakov smirnov over and over

HeavyAndExpensive

Aren’t you the resident dude who stands on the sidelines and shits on everything without actually contributing anything of your own?

cky enthusiast

newguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Man OK wow man mind blown. I haven’t ever read a book on anything ever, let alone Russian or Ukrainian history! Hey thanks for enlightening me. Wow. I didn’t read any of that. Here’s a sweet music video I think you might like:

Also: “the UkrAinIan STate is new so Da RUSsians we’re NevEr AFTer it cAuse it WasnT caLLed UKraine eVen THougH it was UKraine in all but MoDERN offIcial StatehooD terms” is probably the dumbest take ever.

Said you weren't gonna reply anymore? What happened slick? Another cliche crossed, coming back to reply with weak ass snark and smug mockery, lib brained
I'm not trying to convince you because clearly youve got stakes in the status quo so fuck you, i typed all this so people can read it, look it up themselves and not be idiots like you

cky enthusiast

Expand Quote
[close]

Aren’t you the resident dude who stands on the sidelines and shits on everything without actually contributing anything of your own?

woah bud i’m not the guy you’re mad at. you’re mad at vlad

HeavyAndExpensive

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

woah bud i’m not the guy you’re mad at. you’re mad at vlad

This is my internet argument you butt the heck out of it

cky enthusiast

how does every1 feel about the US coming out against a ceasefire? pretty weird behavior from the good guys imo

newguy

how does every1 feel about the US coming out against a ceasefire? pretty weird behavior from the good guys imo

almost poetic lmfao

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 41

Escooter

• Rep: -9
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Russia wants a warm water port. If they are allied with Turkey, taking Ukraine would theoretically allow them access to the Mediterranean etc…
[close]

Putin and the oligarchs just want to keep the power and wealth, not to expand it. They would expand if they could, but they know they can't. It's the west that's trying to expand. The west wants to topple their regime so that they can get the profits the oligarchs are enjoying now off of Russian resources, and sell it as spreading democracy and freedom and transparency and make you think you're in favor of a dictator if you oppose neoimperialism. Russian oligarchs suck ass, but they're if you try to topple them of course they're going to start a war for it. So is it worth fighting a war for? Because they have nukes and nothing to lose.
[close]

Gotcha Sergei.

Also - you know what helps keeping power and wealth? Obtaining more of it - I.E. invading an adjacent country that’s very valuable geopolitically.
[close]

Yeah Russia is invading Ukraine to support the separatists to so that Ukraine can't join NATO, try to keep up bud
[close]

How’s the weather in Moscow?

Sunny with a chance of ac130

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Please read a book fiction or non fiction. Anything you like even reading some synopsis' will do fine. Pull some threads man

backspinflip

• Rep: -29
don't worry newguy. Sewa playing skate with Ben Kadow. Your facts are nollie late flips and his replys are insolently beaming at the camera.

Kind of a smartest guy in the skatevan situation though. maybe take it back to 4chan

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
Fuck authority and the blood thirsty politics all around the world!!!
Solidarity with the ukranian people!
Skate, don't hate!

OwlGreen

• Rep: -127
What the fuck is with the moderator moving the topic to Whatever? The thread is referencing an article series with photos and videos in a legit skate magazine about the most important topic in the world right now, and you take it off the mainpage? What the fucking fuck?

newguy

don't worry newguy. Sewa playing skate with Ben Kadow. Your facts are nollie late flips and his replys are insolently beaming at the camera.

Kind of a smartest guy in the skatevan situation though. maybe take it back to 4chan

That place is a dumpster fire and filled with fascists siding with russia because they're contrarian dickheads. If you actually want to discuss these things intelligently though, visit hexbear.net

And jesus Zelensky refused to negotiate with Russia, this is exactly why I said both of the leadership in this conflict are nationalist right wing bloodthirsty idiots, the death toll will only rise, poor ukrainians.

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote

[close]

That place is a dumpster fire and filled with fascists siding with russia because they're contrarian dickheads. If you actually want to discuss these things intelligently though, visit hexbear.net

And jesus Zelensky refused to negotiate with Russia, this is exactly why I said both of the leadership in this conflict are nationalist right wing bloodthirsty idiots, the death toll will only rise, poor ukrainians.

now there's a reliable and productive strategy

newguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah and arming civilians and urging them to throw molotovs at tanks is the better side of a shit covered coin I gather. Snark aside, it's obvious ukraine will lose, why the fuck would you go into total war and let the casualties pile on?? Seriously i can't be the only one to see this as a bad idea...

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah and arming civilians and urging them to throw molotovs at tanks is the better side of a shit covered coin I gather. Snark aside, it's obvious ukraine will lose, why the fuck would you go into total war and let the casualties pile on?? Seriously i can't be the only one to see this as a bad idea...

“a bad idea” implies there’s a choice. what would a good idea be? especially after acknowledging the other "side of [that] shit covered coin," which is the knowledge of how futile it has repeatedly proven to be to try to “negotiate” with Putin and those in Russia who are following his deranged fucking orders?

what is your home (and all that makes it your home, family, friends, neighbors, etc.) worth to you, especially when what/who threatens it appears hell bent on erasing it?

i actually have 1,000 rounds of 7.62 x 39 WOLF that i'd be happy to donate to Ukrainian citizens defending their country from a rabid power that has done nothing to indicate it can be reasoned with or that it will stop here--i know it's not much in the long run, but it wouldn't even put a dent in my own stores of 7.62 x 39, so it’s the least i can do. i couldn't find any info on the legality of donating ammo as a citizen...if i knew it was legal and that it would actually get to the Ukrainian citizens taking up arms to defend their home against those cowardly fucking animals, i'd send it today.

Slava Ukraini

newguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

“a bad idea” implies there’s a choice. what would a good idea be? especially after acknowledging the other "side of [that] shit covered coin," which is the knowledge of how futile it has repeatedly proven to be to try to “negotiate” with Putin and those in Russia who are following his deranged fucking orders?

what is your home (and all that makes it your home, family, friends, neighbors, etc.) worth to you, especially when what/who threatens it appears hell bent on erasing it?

i actually have 1,000 rounds of 7.62 x 39 WOLF that i'd be happy to donate to Ukrainian citizens defending their country from a rabid power that has done nothing to indicate it can be reasoned with or that it will stop here--i know it's not much in the long run, but it wouldn't even put a dent in my own stores of 7.62 x 39, so it’s the least i can do. i couldn't find any info on the legality of donating ammo as a citizen...if i knew it was legal and that it would actually get to the Ukrainian citizens taking up arms to defend their home against those cowardly fucking animals, i'd send it today.

Slava Ukraini

I'm tired of wrtiting the same thing over and over again, there were calls again and again prior to the invasion, Ukraine repeatedly denied them, and now that Ukraine's leadership is called on to end this horrible war they double down and arm civilians. And don't worry i'm sure the US, a great rabid power on it's own that started this whole shitshow too, is already sending tons of ammo to Ukraine at the moment. I can't fucking understand why you people think that fighting to the end is preferable to negotiating and ending civilian casualties???

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Slava Ukraini
[close]

I'm tired of wrtiting the same thing over and over again, there were calls again and again prior to the invasion, Ukraine repeatedly denied them, and now that Ukraine's leadership is called on to end this horrible war they double down and arm civilians. And don't worry i'm sure the US, a great rabid power on it's own that started this whole shitshow too, is already sending tons of ammo to Ukraine at the moment. I can't fucking understand why you people think that fighting to the end is preferable to negotiating and ending civilian casualties???

then stop acting like a simplistic child, who thinks "the same thing over and over again" will answer the many different points and questions it encounters...

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
Fog of war is right. Half the pundits have Russia fighting a losing battle, with timid barely of age soldiers routinely captured in their shoddy equipment. Only 10 to 20 thousands troops and no homeland support. Madness without any discernible method. The end of Putin now imminent, without a bang fingers crossed. The other half is sure this is just the beginning of a war Ukraine cannot ever win. As soon as Russia controls supply Ukraine can't be helped. Much more blitz to come, then on to a Baltic krieg.

Color me confused.

newguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Slava Ukraini
[close]

[close]

then stop acting like a simplistic child, who thinks "the same thing over and over again" will answer the many different points and questions it encounters...

Holy shit socrates? Is that you? Read my previous posts ITT, every time someone comments, I answer and every time some smartass like you comes along, refuses to engage with anything I wrote and goes "oh so u r a putin supporter xD". Hopefully people reading this will pick up some useful info, but I gave up convincing your kind, its a constant yoyo of "war is bad" and "actually Ukraine should never surrender" I'm not surprised to encounter such doggedness tbh, this is a website with a majority of Americans at the end of the day, there can only be a good and bad side in a war.

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Slava Ukraini
[close]

[close]

[close]

Holy shit socrates? Is that you? Read my previous posts ITT, every time someone comments, I answer and every time some smartass like you comes along, refuses to engage with anything I wrote and goes "oh so u r a putin supporter xD". Hopefully people reading this will pick up some useful info, but I gave up convincing your kind, its a constant yoyo of "war is bad" and "actually Ukraine should never surrender" I'm not surprised to encounter such doggedness tbh, this is a website with a majority of Americans at the end of the day, there can only be a good and bad side in a war.

half of the recent posts are you man, you haven't given up...look at you go...

...and my kind? what kind is that? do tell...

Deputy Wendell

Slava Ukraini!