Author Topic: Place Magazine: What's going on in Ukraine (Ukrainian & Russian skaters comment  (Read 10415 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
One of my fav films about contemporary Russia.

The drunken mayor is such a good representative of the standard politician, the power structure, and the corruption/lack of concern for the small people. And, the priests last lines where he says something like, "In my opinion, God doesn't see you" is pretty damn accurate and a great condemnation Putin's/the Russian gov's and the church's actions, which only seem to benefit themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oo7H25kirk

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

newguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
don't worry newguy. Sewa playing skate with Ben Kadow. Your facts are nollie late flips and his replys are insolently beaming at the camera.

Kind of a smartest guy in the skatevan situation though. maybe take it back to 4chan
[close]

That place is a dumpster fire and filled with fascists siding with russia because they're contrarian dickheads. If you actually want to discuss these things intelligently though, visit hexbear.net

And jesus Zelensky refused to negotiate with Russia, this is exactly why I said both of the leadership in this conflict are nationalist right wing bloodthirsty idiots, the death toll will only rise, poor ukrainians.
[close]

now there's a reliable and productive strategy
[close]

Yeah and arming civilians and urging them to throw molotovs at tanks is the better side of a shit covered coin I gather. Snark aside, it's obvious ukraine will lose, why the fuck would you go into total war and let the casualties pile on?? Seriously i can't be the only one to see this as a bad idea...
[close]

“a bad idea” implies there’s a choice. what would a good idea be? especially after acknowledging the other "side of [that] shit covered coin," which is the knowledge of how futile it has repeatedly proven to be to try to “negotiate” with Putin and those in Russia who are following his deranged fucking orders?

what is your home (and all that makes it your home, family, friends, neighbors, etc.) worth to you, especially when what/who threatens it appears hell bent on erasing it?

i actually have 1,000 rounds of 7.62 x 39 WOLF that i'd be happy to donate to Ukrainian citizens defending their country from a rabid power that has done nothing to indicate it can be reasoned with or that it will stop here--i know it's not much in the long run, but it wouldn't even put a dent in my own stores of 7.62 x 39, so it’s the least i can do. i couldn't find any info on the legality of donating ammo as a citizen...if i knew it was legal and that it would actually get to the Ukrainian citizens taking up arms to defend their home against those cowardly fucking animals, i'd send it today.

Slava Ukraini
[close]

I'm tired of wrtiting the same thing over and over again, there were calls again and again prior to the invasion, Ukraine repeatedly denied them, and now that Ukraine's leadership is called on to end this horrible war they double down and arm civilians. And don't worry i'm sure the US, a great rabid power on it's own that started this whole shitshow too, is already sending tons of ammo to Ukraine at the moment. I can't fucking understand why you people think that fighting to the end is preferable to negotiating and ending civilian casualties???
[close]

then stop acting like a simplistic child, who thinks "the same thing over and over again" will answer the many different points and questions it encounters...
[close]

Holy shit socrates? Is that you? Read my previous posts ITT, every time someone comments, I answer and every time some smartass like you comes along, refuses to engage with anything I wrote and goes "oh so u r a putin supporter xD". Hopefully people reading this will pick up some useful info, but I gave up convincing your kind, its a constant yoyo of "war is bad" and "actually Ukraine should never surrender" I'm not surprised to encounter such doggedness tbh, this is a website with a majority of Americans at the end of the day, there can only be a good and bad side in a war.
[close]

half of the recent posts are you man, you haven't given up...look at you go...

...and my kind? what kind is that? do tell...

the nitpicking arsehole type, I'm done with you lmao, what am I even doing trying to engage with an american user anyway...

Hope this war ends soon so civilians stop eating rockets and bombs

One of my fav films about contemporary Russia.

The drunken mayor is such a good representative of the standard politician, the power structure, and the corruption/lack of concern for the small people. And, the priests last lines where he says something like, "In my opinion, God doesn't see you" is pretty damn accurate and a great condemnation Putin's/the Russian gov's and the church's actions, which only seem to benefit themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oo7H25kirk

That movie is a gutpunch, the cinematography is also stunning
The Mayor is pretty much putin to a T, I was reading a deep dive on Putin's ideology and its pretty much fascism with a coat of paint, Putin beleived the Soviet Union was weak cos it cared too much about the welfare of its citizen...

Deputy Wendell

the nitpicking arsehole type

finally...there it is, very clever...plus one for the effort, and kisses to you love.

newguy

Expand Quote

the nitpicking arsehole type

[close]

finally...there it is, very clever...plus one for the effort, and kisses to you love.

And nothing of value said yet. You're an arsehole mate

newguy

Here's a neocon right wing american politician predicting exactly what happened back in 2015. Kissinger, the spawn of satan himself also predicted it.

https://nitter.net/TheNightShowUS

its the video pinned at the top

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
Here's a neocon right wing american politician predicting exactly what happened back in 2015. Kissinger, the spawn of satan himself also predicted it.

https://nitter.net/TheNightShowUS

its the video pinned at the top

Damn I hope whomever clicks that link has some primo anti-virus software

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Ladies and gentlemen, Ukraine’s leader

https://mobile.twitter.com/fatimazsaid/status/1497673230814953473

...that is not Ukraine's leader. That is David Sakvarelidze.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87

That is David Sakvarelidze.

Not the leader of Ukraine

Lol

Also his poor translation is being taken out of context by you

newguy

Expand Quote

[close]

Lol

My bad I didn’t check who this was, they both look similar. How is that a poor translation taken out of context though lmao, he’s speaking english on live telly…

Seems peace talks might resume so hopefully this shitshow ends soon

« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 02:51:11 AM by newguy »

Jonny7.5Alive

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol

[close]

My bad I didn’t check who this was, they both look similar. How is that a poor translation taken out of context though lmao, he’s speaking english on live telly…

You're dumb

Let's not bother

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol

[close]

Perhaps lay off the screen and go spend time with valued friends and family. You’re inadvertently spreading nonsense now.

somefucker

Expand Quote
caution: geniuses at work
[close]

Aren’t you the resident dude who stands on the sidelines and shits on everything without actually contributing anything of your own?

nah, he's the dude that replies genuinely to a copy/pasta, only to realize it's a copypasta and delete their posts then block you  ;)

cky enthusiast

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
caution: geniuses at work
[close]

Aren’t you the resident dude who stands on the sidelines and shits on everything without actually contributing anything of your own?
[close]

nah, he's the dude that replies genuinely to a copy/pasta, only to realize it's a copypasta and delete their posts then block you  ;)

i’m not hanging out with you at zembo, get over it

somefucker

newguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol

[close]

[close]

You're dumb

Let's not bother

Oh yeah I made a mistake which immediately inavlidates anything and everything I ever said, why do I bother with north americans anymore, just enjoy your treats and profit from imperialism I guess woohoo

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
If Ukraine wasn't 100% certain that Russia poses a threat to them, the current invasion has certainly proved that. Russia has essentially confirmed that Ukraine and the rest of Eastern Europe and the Caucasus need the protection of NATO.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Jonny7.5Alive

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol

[close]

[close]

You're dumb

Let's not bother
[close]

Oh yeah I made a mistake which immediately inavlidates anything and everything I ever said, why do I bother with north americans anymore, just enjoy your treats and profit from imperialism I guess woohoo

I'm a euro, baby!

And I fucking love it

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I think we can all agree that real tragedy here is that this completely fucked up Joy Behar’s vacation plans…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf4WeaQjIog&feature=share
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I think we can all agree that real tragedy here is that this completely fucked up Joy Behar’s vacation plans…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf4WeaQjIog&feature=share

Def a bit tone deaf to say the least...

Also, I wonder what % of American suburban stay at home partners/parents get their "news" from this show.

I spoke with a few Russian friends today. I don't know what the hell Putin was thinking, but it doesn't sound like his dumb ass war has made life better for the avg. Russian who is 25 to 35 years of age. Who is this for? Russian boomers who already had to live through the hell of the 90s? Russians who needed to see their currency lose all its value more than once in their lifetime?

I have some friends who have fled Russia, some who are trying to leave, and some that risking their freedom going to protests each night. Putin has created hell for Ukrainian's and problems for his own people.

The West has made mistakes, Ukraine has its share of problems, but nothing excuses the nightmare Putin has made for so many.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
Today there are supposed to be mass protests happening across Russia. Insofar as they don't get stomped out that is.

There are signs of a kind of exodus in Russia too, both physical and in terms of information.
http://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%203-m&geo=RU&q=vpn

Edit - for those who are on instagram, this account posts footage/articles/citizen takes from both Russia and Ukraine: forrest.flowers

« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 01:03:00 AM by excitableboy »

Deputy Wendell

y'all can go ahead and ban my ass for saying so, but someone seriously needs to fucking kill Putin, period.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/world/europe/ukraine-irpin-civilian-death.html

i'd volunteer today if they were taking American civilians.

cky enthusiast

nothings stopping you big homie, get over there
and get involved

Deputy Wendell

nothings stopping you big homie, get over there
and get involved

the news says they're not taking Americans who have not been in the military.

passing out food and clothes is important, but not important enough for me to abandon my students this semester--if i'm going, it is to be part of the force fighting to stop these cowardly fucking animals...

cky enthusiast

lmao wait you haven’t been in the military ? you should really really really go

Deputy Wendell

lmao wait you haven’t been in the military ? you should really really really go

kisses to you sunshine

cky enthusiast

it’s hella easy it’s just like video games. google azov battalion and shoot them an email. be sure to tell them you heard of them through a western media outlet- they’ll be thrilled

Deputy Wendell

look how clever you are...only video game i've every payed was Tetris...thank it will help?

i'm curious, historically, are you implying untrained, ill-equipped forces of resistance are doomed?

edit: you don't have to be "hidden" in here sweetie, we all love you and appreciate your effort...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 01:05:18 PM by Deputy Wendell »

cky enthusiast

if they were “trained” they wouldn’t lose, would they? 

and you say you’re responsible for teaching people? hopefully it’s a cooking class at the rec center!!

Deputy Wendell

if they were “trained” they wouldn’t lose, would they? 

and you say you’re responsible for teaching people? hopefully it’s a cooking class at the rec center!!

so historically, what you're saying, is only "trained" people win?