Author Topic: Place Magazine: What's going on in Ukraine (Ukrainian & Russian skaters comment  (Read 10420 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote
if they were “trained” they wouldn’t lose, would they? 

and you say you’re responsible for teaching people? hopefully it’s a cooking class at the rec center!!
[close]

so historically, what you're saying, is only "trained" people win?
I'll let the Viet Cong and the Taliban know.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

cky enthusiast

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V�uyên_Giáp

they might not have gone to military school but you still need training on how tactics work, how to use a gun etc. i know in ur brain it’s all noble farmers but they are organized by some sort of commander who trains and orders them to do stuff

otherwise u just sit there fucking off like the volunteer brigades in spain

Deputy Wendell

they might not have gone to military school but you still need training on how tactics work, how to use a gun etc. i know in ur brain it’s all noble farmers but they are organized by some sort of commander who trains and orders them to do stuff

tell me more about my brain you poor, absurd little thing you

cky enthusiast

Expand Quote

[close]

what have i said that was incorrect dodo bird

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

what have i said that was incorrect dodo bird

so you have nothing?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if they were “trained” they wouldn’t lose, would they? 

and you say you’re responsible for teaching people? hopefully it’s a cooking class at the rec center!!
[close]

so historically, what you're saying, is only "trained" people win?
[close]
I'll let the Viet Cong and the Taliban know.

the taliban were trained by pakistan with backup from the us.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
Today there are supposed to be mass protests happening across Russia. Insofar as they don't get stomped out that is.

There are signs of a kind of exodus in Russia too, both physical and in terms of information.
http://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%203-m&geo=RU&q=vpn

Edit - for those who are on instagram, this account posts footage/articles/citizen takes from both Russia and Ukraine: forrest.flowers
Russia is reported to be disconnecting from the internet from March 11th.
forrest.flowers.backup

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
lmao wait you haven’t been in the military ? you should really really really go

I'm actually shocked he hasn't been in the military.

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote
[close]

i’m assuming that I’m not unlike a couple other PALs in here, in that i’ve never been in the military (no wars i would willingly fight in while i was still of the age), but i am by all means a militant, and considering how out in the open and mobilized the right is in Amerikkka, i don't know how other people who claim to be of "the left" can justify not being so, at least to some degree.

in addition to basics like the classes I’ve taken to get and repeatedly renew my CPL, i’ve had some modest tactical training (a couple of classes), friends and i have been running ourselves through modest drills at points, all in addition to having been raised with and around guns from childhood--unlike the vast majority of the Ukrainian civilians who had never even held a gun before...god bless them.

my gun safe is stocked with a number of guns that are arguably superior to the AK 74s (5.45 x 39) i heard they’re handing out to many of those poor, reluctant, and brave Ukrainians who had never shot a gun before--only difference being none of mine are select fire, just semi-auto, but who cares, because full auto is only useful in certain situations anyway--including a Galil ACE (Israel) and an Arsenal SAM7SF (Bulgaria), both in the AK platform, and both 7.62 x 39...of which, I could bring nearly 5,000 rounds of my own ammo, today, just to get started, if it came to it.

like most of my close friends, i have all of my own tactical gear, including Hesco ceramic plates in Spiritus Systems plate carriers, all of my own medical equipment in IFAKS, that i have some modest training in, etc., etc., etc....

...in general, many American civilians are ready if it came to it--we’re obviously far more prepared and equipped to step up, today, than the majority of the reluctant Ukrainian civilians who didn't ask for any of this fucking destruction and chaos, but who know that running is not an option, if they want any hope of there being any trace of their home to be left after.

and it's crazy to me, how many people still want to deny that the fucking minute Putin--leader of one of THE few truly "super” military powers on this planet--started this chaos, on this scale, that he threatened the rest of the world too...this stopped being merely about Ukraine from jump.

i didn't really see the point in going into these kinds of details with hell ride, because he's one of those posters in here who--as entertaining as he can be--habitually conveys that he’s generally not worth the effort...

cky enthusiast

oorah sir i’m here to get shot by a spetsnaz guy because the cell phone made me mad

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i’m assuming that I’m not unlike a couple other PALs in here, in that i’ve never been in the military (no wars i would willingly fight in while i was still of the age), but i am by all means a militant, and considering how out in the open and mobilized the right is in Amerikkka, i don't know how other people who claim to be of "the left" can justify not being so, at least to some degree.

in addition to basics like the classes I’ve taken to get and repeatedly renew my CPL, i’ve had some modest tactical training (a couple of classes), friends and i have been running ourselves through modest drills at points, all in addition to having been raised with and around guns from childhood--unlike the vast majority of the Ukrainian civilians who had never even held a gun before...god bless them.

my gun safe is stocked with a number of guns that are arguably superior to the AK 74s (5.45 x 39) i heard they’re handing out to many of those poor, reluctant, and brave Ukrainians who had never shot a gun before--only difference being none of mine are select fire, just semi-auto, but who cares, because full auto is only useful in certain situations anyway--including a Galil ACE (Israel) and an Arsenal SAM7SF (Bulgaria), both in the AK platform, and both 7.62 x 39...of which, I could bring nearly 5,000 rounds of my own ammo, today, just to get started, if it came to it.

like most of my close friends, i have all of my own tactical gear, including Hesco ceramic plates in Spiritus Systems plate carriers, all of my own medical equipment in IFAKS, that i have some modest training in, etc., etc., etc....

...in general, many American civilians are ready if it came to it--we’re obviously far more prepared and equipped to step up, today, than the majority of the reluctant Ukrainian civilians who didn't ask for any of this fucking destruction and chaos, but who know that running is not an option, if they want any hope of there being any trace of their home to be left after.

and it's crazy to me, how many people still want to deny that the fucking minute Putin--leader of one of THE few truly "super” military powers on this planet--started this chaos, on this scale, that he threatened the rest of the world too...this stopped being merely about Ukraine from jump.

i didn't really see the point in going into these kinds of details with hell ride, because he's one of those posters in here who--as entertaining as he can be--habitually conveys that he’s generally not worth the effort...

lol
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

somefucker

What the fuck did you just fucking say on a skateboarding forum, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in my Community College Computer Programming field, and I've been involved in numerous secret threads on my alternate account, and I have over 300 Gnars. I am trained in the art of intellectual quips and I'm the top poster in this entire forum. You are nothing to me but just another shitposter. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of SLAP Pals across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, bro. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can roast you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in over-sharing and shit talking, but I have access to the entire arsenal of past posts and roasts and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of this board, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kook.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't mean to be a bitch or doubt your marksmanship, but have you ever lived with someone suffering from PTSD caused by being in a fucking war and taking lives? It's terrible, hence why they get compensated with taxpayer-subsidized healthcare through the VA and preferred hiring with government jobs. It's still not worth it, war will change you forever.

Do yourself a favor if you want to help and sell your ammo and donate the proceeds to the Red Cross or some other charity.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

cky enthusiast

nah it’s sick and i’m hella prepared for it because me and my friends ran drills in the drainage behind the housing complex that never got finished after the financial collapse

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't mean to be a bitch or doubt your marksmanship, but have you ever lived with someone suffering from PTSD caused by being in a fucking war and taking lives? It's terrible, hence why they get compensated with taxpayer-subsidized healthcare through the VA and preferred hiring with government jobs. It's still not worth it, war will change you forever.

Do yourself a favor if you want to help and sell your ammo and donate the proceeds to the Red Cross or some other charity.

i have, a close neighbor who was like family and also--although it's not quit the same--a couple of students who were veterans...i don’t take it lightly and it’s not like i want any of this at all--amongst other things, i guess it’s seeing how much stress and anxiety some of my students are experiencing this semester because of Russia’s actions, beyond what they’ve been dealing with the last couple of years...it definitely has me tripping a bit too...

...but cheers, i see that this isn’t the place, and i’ll stop.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
nah it’s sick and i’m hella prepared for it because me and my friends ran drills in the drainage behind the housing complex that never got finished after the financial collapse

https://youtu.be/aD1HsJ1aygY

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i have, a close neighbor who was like family and also--although it's not quit the same--a couple of students who were veterans...i don’t take it lightly and it’s not like i want any of this at all--amongst other things, i guess it’s seeing how much stress and anxiety some of my students are experiencing this semester because of Russia’s actions, beyond what they’ve been dealing with the last couple of years...it definitely has me tripping a bit too...

...but cheers, i see that this isn’t the place, and i’ll stop.

somefucker

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
y'all can go ahead and ban my ass for saying so, but someone seriously needs to fucking kill Putin, period.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/06/world/europe/ukraine-irpin-civilian-death.html

i'd volunteer today if they were taking American civilians.

if you were serious you would find a way, not argue about it on a skateboard forum

fuckin larpers...

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Guys calm down with all the fighting.  We’re supposed to be talking about a war here.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
Monster Children did an interesting interview with the Vans Russia skateboarding team manager on the War, reaction by the Russian people, the effects of the Western sanctions, and censorship in Russia.

https://www.monsterchildren.com/inside-russia/

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Monster Children did an interesting interview with the Vans Russia skateboarding team manager on the War, reaction by the Russian people, the effects of the Western sanctions, and censorship in Russia.

I've said it before, but Kirill is doing an amazing job.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Eds_gallerist

Expand Quote

[close]

I've said it before, but Kirill is doing an amazing job.

Agreed, hope he stays safe after this.

mj23

• SLAP Pal

Alright everyone, calm down. Pontus and Last Resort are solving this thing once and for all by… umm… selling ballpoint pens?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854

Alright everyone, calm down. Pontus and Last Resort are solving this thing once and for all by… umm… selling ballpoint pens?
Is that for Ukraine tho? I thought it was just some proud Swedish thing.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
Lmao I’m a dumbass

You’re probably right

cky enthusiast

sweden/eu/ukraine all have the same colors.. hella funny

also, a lrab x pen collab is the most tiny beanie shit i ever saw. like the same dudes who bring a 35mm to the grocery store

no thanks dog

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote

[close]
Is that for Ukraine tho? I thought it was just some proud Swedish thing.

Swedish colors but the EU flag. I suspect there’s some vague pro-EU vs. Russia message there that I don’t get because I live in the states. Ukraine is not an EU member though so maybe I’m totally off base and it just refers to the fact that the pens can be purchased through their EU site.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Jacobin had an article discussing Ukraine today that I thought was interesting.

What happens when the war is over? How will Ukraine (one of the poorest nations in Europe) bounce back? What will the new society look like? Well, disaster capitalism is always trying to figure out how to recreate the system in its favor: https://jacobin.com/2022/09/ukrainian-economic-recovery-labor-market-neoliberalization-investment .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 10:08:29 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Sounds like things are heating up with the Russian draft and the US sending an aircraft carrier to S. Korea