Author Topic: Rear foot popping position  (Read 2525 times)

sle_epy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -94
Re: Rear foot popping position
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2023, 12:20:06 PM »
For most tricks that don't include a rotation, my back foot is dead center of the tail, maybe a little offset to the heelside and slightly back, but definitely right in the "meat". Any spins or shuv-it tricks, I adjust for the scoop accordingly.

I might have a more central placement due to skating mostly transition

I was going to ask, because as I've refined tricks I'd say I more like I hover towards center but favor different pressure points depending. Like w kickflips I'm slightly in the pocket just barely, with the ball of my foot and my toes just over the midline but generally favoring the heel side slightly in terms of pressure distribution. It makes them feel kind of effortless.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2023, 12:32:05 PM »
Expand Quote
For most tricks that don't include a rotation, my back foot is dead center of the tail, maybe a little offset to the heelside and slightly back, but definitely right in the "meat". Any spins or shuv-it tricks, I adjust for the scoop accordingly.

[close]

I was going to ask, because as I've refined tricks I'd say I more like I hover towards center but favor different pressure points depending. Like w kickflips I'm slightly in the pocket just barely, with the ball of my foot and my toes just over the midline but generally favoring the heel side slightly in terms of pressure distribution. It makes them feel kind of effortless.

Yeah I'm just about the same. It was discussed in the earlier part of the thread, but I almost have to intentionally NOT think about foot placement on kickflips. I usually ghost pop if I focus too much lol. And when I land one that was super dialed, I have no idea where my back foot was!
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2023, 12:37:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I'm just about the same. It was discussed in the earlier part of the thread, but I almost have to intentionally NOT think about foot placement on kickflips. I usually ghost pop if I focus too much lol. And when I land one that was super dialed, I have no idea where my back foot was!

I've only ever done them to fakie in transition, but I think my foot is def more centered and actually a little further back by a smidge towards the tail. Still in the pocket tho.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy