Author Topic: Shape stealing  (Read 3360 times)

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Shape stealing
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2022, 05:09:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Maybe the wrong thread to ask, but when did Alien start doing square shovel noses and stuff? I remember them being steeper than Girl and shit, but nothing close to the old Element decks I had.
[close]

I don't recall seeing any PS Stix squared off boards, or at least not in the square shapes they have now, but maybe three to five years ago when they were on BBS there were both the square and the regular shapes available, of which I got in quite a few and was curious that there were some advertised as the same, but they were clearly different.

One was the normal 8.5 x 32.25 with 14.38 wb and the other a square kick 8.5 x 32.25 with 14.2 wb - set them both up and really liked the normal one but couldn't skate the square one, short wheelbase and super long kicks, so passed that one on to someone else.

Now three years later and the square one is the only one that is coming out, going by recent stock drops.
[close]

Do really long nose/tails help with larger wheels?

We were without internet and phone services for a bit there.

Back now though.

Re that shape and larger wheels - a guy I know who is now on his third 8.5 square with short wheelbase went up from 54 to 56 mm wheels and said he could go even larger with the shape of those boards, as it works really well for him.  This is a guy who can skate a ledge, a ramp, a pool, pretty much anything, so go figure, but it makes sense with how the board is set up.

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Shape stealing
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2022, 05:11:53 AM »

Does anyone know of any other sites that show the concave with consistency?

Maybe the most comprehensive deck info:

https://r-fskate.com/shopbrand/deck/

I have tried to compile as much info in the Woodshop thread too, but I just added your post as well.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.0