Author Topic: How often do you wash your skate pants/t-shirts?  (Read 3101 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
Re: How often do you wash your skate pants/t-shirts?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2022, 07:02:18 AM »
Expand Quote
i used to wash after every session but this destroyed my shirts

now, I wear them for a couple sessions in a row, but only wear when skating. I'm gonna be sweaty and stinky and look like shit skating anyways why not re-wear clothes to make them last longer and use less water
[close]

Put your shirts, socks and delicates into a laundry net - stops them from getting deformed and shredded in the washer. Don't overstuff them and you'll get a similar wash to if they were stuck in the machine without. Saved my work shirt and pants especially on the collars and cuffs. Also makes it easier to grab everything out of the washer without dropping stuff.

Air dry them if possible, a tumble drier does a number on fabrics.

Seconding all of this. Remember when you empty the lint filter on the dryer that all that shit there is comprised of what used to be your clothes. Line drying is free, better for your clothes, and is dramatically better for the environment. I have clotheslines in my yard in the summer, but during the winter I use this rack from IKEA.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/frost-drying-rack-indoor-outdoor-white-40244831/
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

dilbert1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2022, 06:17:44 PM »
Y’all gotta do better at changing the stereotype skaters are dirty ass bums who give girls UTIs

Hardly any better than the broke bums who wash their clothes. Real Gs pop the tags, wear once, trash, repeat. Or donate to said bums (if in a good mood).

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2022, 07:02:58 AM »
This ain’t raw denim and I’m no spring chicken, wash that shit after every session!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2022, 07:43:15 AM »
every session if its a real session where the balls sweat. no chance am putting those back on.
ONTARIO CANADA

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2022, 01:12:29 PM »
Tshirts - get washed after every use. i'll wear a tank top underneath which typically keeps the shirt fresh longer and keeps them dry throughout the sesh.

Outerwear - until smelly or visually dirty lol

Pants - typically after 2 sessions, i'll hang dry them inside out between usage

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2022, 06:53:31 PM »
In Az during the monsoon. There is zero chance anything can make it to another sesh.  The sweat is real.  In the winter I can wear pants a couple sessions. Especially denim.  As long as they don’t smell like swass.   

I prefer button ups.  They go to the wash every time as well.   I’ve started wearing the under armor type compression undershirt / tank top. Saw Giannis on Milwaukee Bucks sporting and thought it made sense. Never looked back.  Outerwear and hoodies all depends on how often they are worn.  A daily hoodie gets wash maybe one a week.  Light skating in it.

If you don’t wash after getting the swass gstring then you nasty AF.
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2022, 07:39:32 AM »
Some funky motherfuckers in here.
Shirts get washed after one wear, every time, no matter what.
My skate pants get washed after every session in the spring/summer, maybe every second session in the fall/winter.
Knee brace goes in a bucket of warm, soapy water and soaks for 30 min or so, then i rinse and air dry it. Every time.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2022, 08:48:53 AM »
I don't even keep a shirt on after the session - I typically have a clean shirt with me to change into. Pants get washed when they are funky, which might be one sweaty summer session or a dozen chilly autumn ones. Everything is line-dried, except maybe in the darkest and wettest parts of winter when it would take a week for my clothes to dry, even indoors.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2022, 03:47:59 AM »
Every sesh

Koja510

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2022, 04:18:14 PM »
Tops are getting washed after every wear.  I might run a shirt two days in a row if it was a chill day but even then I'm not happy about it.  Armpits are gross.

Pants are tricky.  I used to wear pants without washing so long they could stand up on their own.  They would give my legs pimples and felt sticky.  Fucking gross to think of now.  Now I go by smell and feel.  Maybe a couple wears of pants in a row depending on how active, hot, dirty etc.  Much longer allowance for shorts.  I am no longer a "dont wash your jeans" guy. 

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2022, 10:27:31 AM »
I am mostly wearing five panel/camping hats so it's easy to just toss them into the wash and air dry. Beanies are washed with sweatpants, exercise clothes, and the like. Almost all my clothes are air dried. Really only socks and underwear are heat blasted to kill them crotch and foot fungi.

Been wanting to do air drying for awhile now(Better for the environment and saving money on laundry at my apartment) . I saw Many snakes recommended an indoor drying rack which I might try.

Any other tips?

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2022, 10:35:54 AM »
shirts, socks, and underwear get thrown away after one wear
pants get thrown away after a week
shoes get thrown away every 10-15 sessions

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2022, 02:32:59 PM »
Shirts and socks 1x
Pants i just leave them in our laundry basket and wear them until we do laundry, which is ~weekly or so

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2022, 09:09:43 AM »
Expand Quote
I am mostly wearing five panel/camping hats so it's easy to just toss them into the wash and air dry. Beanies are washed with sweatpants, exercise clothes, and the like. Almost all my clothes are air dried. Really only socks and underwear are heat blasted to kill them crotch and foot fungi.
[close]

Been wanting to do air drying for awhile now(Better for the environment and saving money on laundry at my apartment) . I saw Many snakes recommended an indoor drying rack which I might try.

Any other tips?

I line dry almost everything and by far the best rack I've found is this one from Ikea. It packs super flat, is highly configurable, fits a ton of laundry, and it's cheap. I just put it somewhere out of the way but where there's still some airflow or sunlight. If you leave it in a dark place like a closet it's liable to get a mildewy smell. Now I can dry outside, but when I was in an apartment I would sometimes point the oscillating fan in the direction of the rack while I was at work or otherwise away.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 41
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2022, 05:25:51 AM »
Aw naw you didn't wash them did you? NEVER wash your skate clothes; you'll wash all the tricks out!

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2022, 07:48:00 AM »

I don’t know how it came up but a few years ago some friends and I were hanging out, and the homie who skated harder than all of us at the time (like 3 hours a day in the AZ sun) casually admitted he hadn’t showered in a week. He was actually suprised that we were clowning him. Dude had a fucking sweet apartment, he definitely had access to a shower.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2022, 08:35:34 AM »
Ok, it's been a few months since the last time I washed my skate pants/shorts, here is my secret: I turn them inside out and let them sunbath all afternoon in order to a) get rid of that sweet pungent butt scent/ashtray scent and b) it kills bacteria.

And here is a hack for winter time: I put my sweaty pants and shoes in front of the fridge vent or sometimes behind the fridge, and let them air dry.

If I need to wash my clothes then I do it with vinegar and baking soda to get rid of any residual odors.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2022, 12:44:06 PM »
Ok, it's been a few months since the last time I washed my skate pants/shorts, here is my secret: I turn them inside out and let them sunbath all afternoon in order to a) get rid of that sweet pungent butt scent/ashtray scent and b) it kills bacteria.

And here is a hack for winter time: I put my sweaty pants and shoes in front of the fridge vent or sometimes behind the fridge, and let them air dry.

If I need to wash my clothes then I do it with vinegar and baking soda to get rid of any residual odors.

Jesus, you're like the McGuyver of filth.
What's so hard about just doing your goddamn laundry?

pleasent street

• Rep: -91
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2022, 09:44:17 PM »
i refuse to believe that anyone in this thread who wears the same t shirt for more than one session has a gf/wife.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2022, 06:10:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jesus, you're like the McGuyver of filth.
What's so hard about just doing your goddamn laundry?

I'm actually a clean person, I shower every night before sleep and I'm OCD about cleaning the house. But my skate pants are for my skate battles and for falling on dirt, its my workhorse. Plus, none of my skate buddies hugs me when I land something hard and yes I don't have a girlfriend. So I guess it's fine, no harm.

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2022, 08:43:55 AM »
i'm one of those over-the-top minimalist freaks so i only own a single pair of pants, i wash them maybe once every two weeks. shirts get washed normally

BallparkFrank

• Rep: 11
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2022, 06:20:47 PM »
Wear the same outfit for three cold-weather sessions, just change the underwear