Author Topic: Clarification on a warning I received  (Read 449 times)

CorneliusCardew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
Clarification on a warning I received
« on: March 03, 2022, 05:17:25 AM »

I recently received a warning for a supposedly offensive post that I made in a thread about the Russia Ukraine situation. The post was taken down and I'm curious what exactly was offensive about it I don't want to violate the rule again. What is the rule? I didn't think I posted anything offensive I put a link to a Twitter news site and a short analysis of what's going on over there. I didn't call for violence or use offensive language as far as I know so I would greatly appreciate some clarity on this so I can move forward without getting warned again.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
Re: Clarification on a warning I received
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 08:06:31 AM »

You shared a glaringly obvious pro-Russian propaganda Twitter account. Check the follower replies as well, it's extremely blatant.

Not going to debate the situation happening in Ukraine right now with you, but I'm also not going to let you encourage others to visit a pro-Russian misinformation Twitter account as well.

CorneliusCardew

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 09:16:00 AM »

I understand your position but that thread has become rather polemical and people are posting open death threats and stuff on there I think my recommending people look at a Twitter account that gives live information is not that big of a deal.

I hope that the moderating collective reflects on that I feel I've been censored I'm not going to post another link to that site but I think you guys have done wrong here and I would really appreciate it if you reflected a bit on this matter. In times of war emotions run high and I understand that people feel very strongly about this on all sides but I think everyone benefits from a wider debate that includes all sides .

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 10:14:47 AM »

I understand your position but that thread has become rather polemical and people are posting open death threats and stuff on there I think my recommending people look at a Twitter account that gives live information is not that big of a deal.

I hope that the moderating collective reflects on that I feel I've been censored I'm not going to post another link to that site but I think you guys have done wrong here and I would really appreciate it if you reflected a bit on this matter. In times of war emotions run high and I understand that people feel very strongly about this on all sides but I think everyone benefits from a wider debate that includes all sides .

Again, encouraging people to visit a pro-Russian propaganda Twitter account is not something that's going to fly. Same reason why anti-vax disinformation doesn't fly here as well. If you want to post your own tankie, Leninist takes then feel free, just leave the links to propaganda at the front door. Thanks.

CorneliusCardew

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 01:18:58 PM »

So just to clarify for the final time it was only about the link.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 03:00:40 PM »

Yes. Please and thanks.