Author Topic: John Dilo on Hours is yours.  (Read 6124 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
John Dilo on Hours is yours.
« on: March 10, 2022, 10:10:56 AM »

Poor guy , cool that Herman can apparently pay someone though .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
Re: John Dilo on Hours is yours.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:18:22 AM »
How did lakai fuck that up?

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 10:21:03 AM »
How did lakai fuck that up?
Probably by not paying the man

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 10:26:09 AM »
Lakai in shambles RN

dannyprovolone

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 10:28:40 AM »
adidas really slept hard on this guy

somefucker

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 10:29:35 AM »
Lakai in shambles RN
FF2 is just gonna be Rick, Carrol and Alvarez with their forearms on their thighs, hunched over slightly speaking softly to the rest of the team, trying to coax them out of the van

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 10:37:09 AM »
I thought that Hours Is Yours was the same thing as HRS (both have penny loafers), but the catalog looks pretty dope.

lydius

• Rep: 46
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 10:38:09 AM »
this dude's work ethic speaks for itself. glad he found a home with Herman and hopefully a decent paycheck. kind of akin to Ellington getting Zach on Li-ning.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 10:40:39 AM »
Life isn’t fair.

IpathCats

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 10:40:57 AM »
Man, I liked him in Lakais, he looked rad in the telfords. Hopefully this was a good move for him. Idk how this company has the ability to give him more than lakai though. very interesting to me.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 10:45:37 AM »
adidas really slept hard on this guy
Thank fuck for that, those adidas 3st's looked awful on him

Hope he gets paid tho, definately soty contender couple years in a row

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 10:46:27 AM »
Man, I liked him in Lakais, he looked rad in the telfords. Hopefully this was a good move for him. Idk how this company has the ability to give him more than lakai though. very interesting to me.

The bar is probably quite low.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 10:49:35 AM »
Professional skateboarding is so weird these days.  Dilo’s easily one of the top 10 most talented and most productive pros actively skating right now.  How did one of the big 3 (or Vans) not give him a real contract (unless he didn’t want one).  Meanwhile Elijah Berle has a pro shoe on Vans and he’s like the sixth most popular skater on FA at this point or something. 

IpathCats

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 10:53:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would assume this to be true as well. But i just don't know why Lakai seems to be blowing it.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 287
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 10:56:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lakai was way too busy paying powerhouses like stevie perez and manchild and cody chapman

dr. radishh

• Rep: 78
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2022, 11:02:48 AM »
hour $55 candles are yours

IpathCats

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2022, 11:07:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

lakai was way too busy paying powerhouses like stevie perez and manchild and cody chapman

Though SLAP doesn't like them, manchild and chapman rip. Not personally a huge fan of either, but their skating is pretty nice. I have nothing to defend stevie with.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2022, 11:14:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Though SLAP doesn't like them, manchild and chapman rip. Not personally a huge fan of either, but their skating is pretty nice. I have nothing to defend stevie with.

Stevies last part in the recent chocolate video is really good

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 11:25:03 AM »
This is not as simple as x company really blew this. I had heard from someone at another shoe company that he was going around talking very ill of Adidas to other TM's. Which is a big no-no.

I like Herman. But this company is bad.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2022, 11:27:21 AM »
I just bought some Lakais last week

IpathCats

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 11:30:45 AM »
This is not as simple as x company really blew this. I had heard from someone at another shoe company that he was going around talking very ill of Adidas to other TM's. Which is a big no-no.

Yea, big no no for a dude with top tier skate talent who isn't really making much to be salty about missing his shot with a giant mega corp. That's just so not cool, and its really gonna hurt adidas, no one is ever looking out for the giant mega corps these days. Fuck Dilo FR  /s

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 11:36:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yea, big no no for a dude with top tier skate talent who isn't really making much to be salty about missing his shot with a giant mega corp. That's just so not cool, and its really gonna hurt adidas, no one is ever looking out for the giant mega corps these days. Fuck Dilo FR  /s

Top tier skate talent that no one other than HØURS IS YOURS™ was actually wanting and willing to commit too. More than meets the eye with Dilo. Slap is surely nerdy enough to know talent and productively alone doesn't get you far in the skateboard industry.

IpathCats

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2022, 11:42:32 AM »

Stevies last part in the recent chocolate video is really good

Just watched again, for sanity. I'm gonna have to disagree. KF crook was nice, rest was pretty forgettable. Not particularly styish, his strength seems to be going big, and he's not really going that big. IDK its not for me.

Edit: I might actually have a better tre flip than this guy. He only did one, but it was not very good at all.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 11:53:22 AM by IpathCats »

IpathCats

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2022, 11:49:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Top tier skate talent that no one other than HØURS IS YOURS™ was actually wanting and willing to commit too. More than meets the eye with Dilo. Slap is surely nerdy enough to know talent and productively alone doesn't get you far in the skateboard industry.

That's fair, he could be a total dickhead idk. But acting like talking shit about a giant corporation is a "no no" is fucking weak. Not a smart move to burn a professional bridge. But expressing his dissatisfaction shouldnt have ramifications outside of addidas, thats fucking wack. Kinda supports the whole reason people didn't want big brands like that here in the first place. Too much power and influence.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2022, 11:52:18 AM »
OOOH DAMN JUST FUCK LAKAI
HE WAS THE BEST MOVE THE WERE DOING IN YEARS AND BLEW IT
(maybe thats why he didn't talked about his sponsor deal in the nine club...)

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2022, 11:53:33 AM »
Is is that Chocolate video where Chris Roberts did the slappy?

Seems so fucked up that most memorable thing in whole video is a Chris Roberts clip

quackquack

• Rep: -441
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2022, 11:53:48 AM »
This is the type of news I needed to see.

Fucking win-win-win.
Oh, the places you'll go.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2022, 11:54:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's fair, he could be a total dickhead idk. But acting like talking shit about a giant corporation is a "no no" is fucking weak. Not a smart move to burn a professional bridge. But expressing his dissatisfaction shouldnt have ramifications outside of addidas, thats fucking wack. Kinda supports the whole reason people didn't want big brands like that here in the first place. Too much power and influence.

Would you openly talk shit and complain about a previous employer in an interview for a position at another company?

quackquack

• Rep: -441
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2022, 11:56:39 AM »

Oh, the places you'll go.

IpathCats

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2022, 12:00:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Would you openly talk shit and complain about a previous employer in an interview for a position at another company?

I mean the question "why are you leaving your current position?" is pretty standard. It's all situational, but I def have done that, at least to a small degree. Idk how bad Dilo was doing it, do you?