Author Topic: John Dilo on Hours is yours.  (Read 6128 times)

Viktor Tsoi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: John Dilo on Hours is yours.
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2022, 12:12:06 PM »
Lmfaooo pathetic. Already waiting on the 70% off sale followed by melodramatic Instagram goodbye post . Should have invested that Bitcoin money into franchising a chic fil a or somethin. I foresee great debt to some factory in Taiwan after these sit on the active ride shop shelves for six months .

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -142
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2022, 12:15:05 PM »

drewdc

• Rep: -85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2022, 12:31:27 PM »
dilo should have got the open spot on Etnies

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2022, 01:06:42 PM »
Mike Carrol must have tried paying Dilo in rubles , how the hell did they fuck it up again ? Crailtap/Lakai at this point is just a dumpster fire ,Rick and Mike should just fold Crailtap into Deluxe and be proud of their legendary contributions to skateboarding.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2022, 02:12:21 PM »
Would have been such a good addition to Lakai. Having people on Lakai that don’t ride for a crailtap board company makes them feel more legitimate. They kinda just seem like a package deal brand these days. He looked so good in those Telfords. I feel nothing for Hours. I guess we’ll see what output they have but currently they just feel like a Zara brand.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2022, 02:22:02 PM »
Would have been such a good addition to Lakai. Having people on Lakai that don’t ride for a crailtap board company makes them feel more legitimate. They kinda just seem like a package deal brand these days. He looked so good in those Telfords. I feel nothing for Hours. I guess we’ll see what output they have but currently they just feel like a Zara brand.

To be fair none of the last 5 people added  to crail tap skate for lakai so they clearly know they can’t pull that Shit anymore. Agree on the Zara vibes currently but it’s a smart move to get widespread adoption to gain capital. Must be doing decent if they can put someone on. They’ve at least shown off a g code clone but that one hrs shoe Herman was skating back in 2018-19 or whenever looked better than everything either company has done so far
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2022, 04:30:58 PM »
I can't believe Lakai fucked this up. Love Dilo, and just as I was getting hyped on Lakai again. They need dudes that don't ride for Girl/Chocolate. And this dude falls into their lap, and they can't even seal the deal. It's like me in fucking middle school having a girl asking to hang out and me not taking the hint and running away to jerk off in my room to a Hubba wheels ad. I'm sitting on 3 pairs of Lakais still in the box and I'm tempted to ship those things back and buy some New Balances or some shit.

FS_Overcrook

• Rep: 10
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2022, 04:37:38 PM »
To be fair, not all of their team is on Girl/Chocolate:

Kyonosuke is on Primitive

Greg Dehart is on Doomsayers

Cody Chapman is on UMA

Riley is on Baker

Jimmy Wilkins is on ?

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2022, 04:40:11 PM »
I feel like whenever someone gets slept on for so long there's a reason, but I don't get it with Dilo. He rips, is super productive, and he seems like a really nice guy.

Lakai's loss. Hopefully Hours serves him well.

conqueso

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2022, 04:40:50 PM »
way too good to be on lakai.  imagine being in a van with stevie perez.

dilo put in major work tho def should be nike/NB/adidas

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2022, 04:55:19 PM »
Like everyone said. Lakai really really fucked up.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2022, 05:30:49 PM »
it’s as if there has to be something about the guy to be getting dissed so hard… like maybe he’s a prick or something. then you see interviews and it’s the opposite? monkey mcpott, you interviewed him… does he smell really bad or something?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2022, 05:45:04 PM »
Those kicks don't look that bad. Better not be $90 tho. I'm on some budget halfcab cons shit.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2022, 09:46:21 PM »
Did Herman seperate from HRS? Or is Hours the skate HRS? Because if thats the case it explains why there is payroll money

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2022, 10:05:47 PM »
Dilo told Lakai “times up”

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2022, 11:50:36 PM »
Did Herman seperate from HRS? Or is Hours the skate HRS? Because if thats the case it explains why there is payroll money
I believe they’re completely separate companies now. I’m stoked to see Dilo on Hours is Yours. Would’ve been hyped if he got fully on Lakai too. But he’s got the Baker Boys connection always skating the warehouse and repping Shake Junt. I think it’s a good fit. Hopefully it leads to some more Dilo and Herman footy. The shoes look pretty decent imo. I’ll probably try a pair on first before I purchase though.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2022, 12:51:41 AM »
I mean, this sucks for Lakai at the first place. But if Herman and co. play their cards right, this company can be pretty huge. By the looks of it, they aim not just for skateshops, but for some fashion boutique money as well, so maybe John struck gold with this one.

Anyway, good luck to Hours, Herman, John and everyone, good to see another skater owned shoe company, that doesnt look like complete shit.

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2022, 01:03:40 AM »
Good for him, dudes a great skater and has an original approach.

The fact that he didn't fully get on adidas or lakai, probably indicates that he is maybe lacking in the personality department. Shit talking companies for not putting you on looks bad from all angles, be humble and let the market dictate your value.

From a birds eye view, he seems like a classic try-hard that doesn't really care what his sponsors are as long as he's sponsored, with almost and now hours as his sponsors its kind of tough to not assume that. His generic looks/ clothing/style/ persona would make it really hard to build a brand around as well, which doesn't help.
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2022, 01:20:55 AM »
Rips to hard to be skating those ugly ass shoes

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -258
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2022, 01:25:57 AM »
Good for him, dudes a great skater and has an original approach.

The fact that he didn't fully get on adidas or lakai, probably indicates that he is maybe lacking in the personality department. Shit talking companies for not putting you on looks bad from all angles, be humble and let the market dictate your value.

From a birds eye view, he seems like a classic try-hard that doesn't really care what his sponsors are as long as he's sponsored, with almost and now hours as his sponsors its kind of tough to not assume that. His generic looks/ clothing/style/ persona would make it really hard to build a brand around as well, which doesn't help.

u dumb

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 888
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2022, 01:50:21 AM »
switch manuals in loafers
switch manuals in loafers
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2022, 06:24:40 AM »
Dilo told Lakai “times up”

"hours is yours!" Carroll responded
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 09:45:08 AM by Prostate Exam »

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2022, 10:22:13 AM »
My guy saying ”more then meets the eye...slap knows"... Are you serious? Lol

Good for him, more than deserving IMO. Of course I wish he'd of got the hook up from a more established company but this is the state of the current skate shoe market. Lakai's barely holding on at this point and probably in his mind Dilo thought it could have been mutually beneficial, raise each others profiles a bit ultimately, but I guess they couldn't come to terms.

Personally I thought he'd be a great fit for eS's current team. As an earlier poster said I could have seen him on Etnies before Wooten and && were added, now Etnies feels a little too family friendly/white bread, but I think that's the way they want it. They've really separated their brands identities at this point. Now I kinda wish sole tech would move Nassim Lachhab to eS. Seems like a better fit. Anyways, please excuse my off topic naval gazing, I'm bad for it, Congrats John!

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2022, 10:58:20 AM »
way too good to be on lakai.  imagine being in a van with stevie perez.

dilo put in major work tho def should be nike/NB/adidas

Some people seem to be trashing Stevie Perez for no reason in this thread, the dude put out a sick part in the "Bunny Hop" video recently.

That kickflip crook on the bump to bar was gnarly as hell. I got love for Stevie...always been a fan of his.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 11:16:57 AM by Lowcalcium »

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 84
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2022, 11:24:49 AM »
everyone is saying lakai dropped the ball here, but did Dilo or anyone else ever confirm he was actually getting flow from them? because the only thing i ever heard him say was that he was buying them because he liked them. seems like there may not have actually ever been an opportunity there in the first place? idk, maybe i'm wrong

either way, glad he's fully hooked up now. skeptical on whether this new brand will last but nonetheless, good for him and always loved Herman too. maybe i'll give these a go at some point

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2022, 11:29:31 AM »
everyone is saying lakai dropped the ball here, but did Dilo or anyone else ever confirm he was actually getting flow from them? because the only thing i ever heard him say was that he was buying them because he liked them. seems like there may not have actually ever been an opportunity there in the first place? idk, maybe i'm wrong

either way, glad he's fully hooked up now. skeptical on whether this new brand will last but nonetheless, good for him and always loved Herman too. maybe i'll give these a go at some point
I'm the dickhead that said it first and I actually thought he was buying them. I thought of it more like the fish swam into the net itself all they had to do was get it on the boat and they somehow let it swim away

backspinflip

• Rep: -36
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2022, 11:49:41 AM »
The industry isn't fair and it doesn't market to old fucks on slap. It markets to kids in the midwest and shit like that. And to the kids Elijah Berle = Cool.

I don't think John Dilo = uncool, but he doesn't really spark any strong feelings. I think that's the problem. Despite being one of the most gnarly AND most tech, most people arn't all that into a bunch of nollie/switch flip manual variations or nollie half cabbing a giant drop. ...or switch flipping off a big drop to land in a manual. It is unique, but not in a good way. In a way like Sewa's skating was unique, or Ronson Lambert (sorry).

His clothing style is just of the times. Maybe he should try a Jughead hat or something and see how that works.

Captain Creampie

• Rep: -8
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2022, 01:33:52 PM »
The industry isn't fair and it doesn't market to old fucks on slap. It markets to kids in the midwest and shit like that. And to the kids Elijah Berle = Cool.

I don't think John Dilo = uncool, but he doesn't really spark any strong feelings. I think that's the problem. Despite being one of the most gnarly AND most tech, most people arn't all that into a bunch of nollie/switch flip manual variations or nollie half cabbing a giant drop. ...or switch flipping off a big drop to land in a manual. It is unique, but not in a good way. In a way like Sewa's skating was unique, or Ronson Lambert (sorry).

His clothing style is just of the times. Maybe he should try a Jughead hat or something and see how that works.

Dunno man, I think comparing him to Sewa or Ronson Lambert is actually harsh… they are both stinkin, lack any Personality. Dilo ain’t my fav by any means but respect what he does and he somewhat stands out from the crowd. He just came in a little late for Adidas etc… got an op with a skater owned and backed brand where he can have a say, good for him.

I also don’t think skateboarding companies simply market for the Midwest… there’s a whole wide world out there or some shit like that

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2022, 01:59:50 PM »
Already waiting on the 70% off sale followed by melodramatic Instagram goodbye post . Should have invested that Bitcoin money into franchising a chic fil a or somethin. I foresee great debt to some factory in Taiwan after these sit on the active ride shop shelves for six months .
Savage, but I agree. As much as I respect Bryan Herman's old parts, I don't see this project succeeding in 2022

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2022, 07:54:38 PM »
A+ tier skating
A+ tier output
C+ tier board sponsor
D- tier shoe sponsor (not quite an F because I fuck with Herman)

Something doesn’t add up. If he got blackballed by most of the industry for speaking too frankly about Adidas, that’s unfortunate. Or maybe his personality kinda sucks and he is this generations Nick Merlino?