Author Topic: Vans Lizzies Shoe Model  (Read 4847 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Vans Lizzies Shoe Model
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2022, 09:12:56 AM »
Hope she makes millions

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
Re: Vans Lizzie Shoe Model
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2022, 08:56:44 PM »

Also, anyone going to the Lizzie show release event in LA this weekend?

Went to the event. A good amount of staff had the shoe.
The pink ones look pretty good but a few people did point out that they fit small. Definitely try them first.

The event was pretty empty and outdoors. Steven Van Doren was whipping up some burgers and super nice. They had a bowl and a block with a hubba. But there was this fucked rail thing. They had Lizzie’s favorite boba spot and free topo chico.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2022, 10:19:12 AM »
For those interested:

Not much new info is talked about, but there's a raven colorway in the shot.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
Re: Vans Lizzie Shoe Model
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2022, 11:00:25 AM »
Expand Quote

Also, anyone going to the Lizzie show release event in LA this weekend?
[close]

The heat made me pound like three Topo Chicos. Haha. I wonder how they’re compared to the Crockett High’s? The Crockett’s have been my jam lately.

Went to the event. A good amount of staff had the shoe.
The pink ones look pretty good but a few people did point out that they fit small. Definitely try them first.

The event was pretty empty and outdoors. Steven Van Doren was whipping up some burgers and super nice. They had a bowl and a block with a hubba. But there was this fucked rail thing. They had Lizzie’s favorite boba spot and free topo chico.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2022, 03:20:27 PM »
I find lizzie attractive.

no one asked for this info...

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2022, 10:56:56 AM »
These shoes look like old vans mids from the 80's, im hyped on them and will be skating a pair soon

Was talking to a rep from vans who was saying they were meant to be a high board feel vulc shoe

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2022, 11:39:11 AM »
I find lizzie attractive.
Thanks for letting world know!

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2022, 03:13:21 AM »
The soles have divets in the sides where the toes bend wonder if this will be used in the next models that release
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
I'm interested in trying these as the current pro series last is a little bit too wide for me.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2022, 05:10:25 PM »
I think Ronnie’s wearing an unseen colorway in Anthony Acosta’s stories

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2022, 10:13:43 AM »
As a man and skater, I am glad there is gender neutral sizing and that this will fit better for others, then just us men. That being said, as a consumer I don’t think i will buy these because of the fit and me having wider feet. I think these might be seen more as a niche. I am happy for Lizzie tho. Not everything is made for men, it’s important to appreciate it the product even though it’s not specifically made for us.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2022, 11:49:24 AM »
Yo these shoes look sick. I will try them because I have narrow feet and Lizzie seems cool. Usually have a 7.5 US in Vans, any recommendations?
IG: @flowterspace

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2022, 12:40:54 PM »
As a man and skater, I am glad there is gender neutral sizing and that this will fit better for others, then just us men. That being said, as a consumer I don’t think i will buy these because of the fit and me having wider feet. I think these might be seen more as a niche. I am happy for Lizzie tho. Not everything is made for men, it’s important to appreciate it the product even though it’s not specifically made for us.
For sure, will cop if they fit. I just don't understand why any brand will spend $$ developing and marketing an athletic shoe and not plainly tell you something simple like "slim fit, width range B-C." Sizing/numbers can be gender neutral without being vague.

thebacker

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2022, 01:27:06 PM »
how are these just not lightly edited crockett highs?

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2022, 05:22:51 PM »
http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/lizzie-has-a-new-shoe

I think the biggest push is the environmental aspect of the shoe. Not much look wise.

As previously stated. Not everything needs to be made for men. Which is fine. But May have to skip these as a wider foot person.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2022, 07:41:06 PM »
Essentially how I've felt for the last couple years with Adidas and Nike all their stuff is gender neutral in Aus. (But with shoes obvs not designed specifically narrower or anything) but as a big man who wears size 13s and 3xl shirts I just know ok this isn't made for me.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 114
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2022, 07:07:56 AM »

I think the biggest push is the environmental aspect of the shoe. Not much look wise.

As previously stated. Not everything needs to be made for men. Which is fine. But May have to skip these as a wider foot person.

I'd like to check these out in hand and try them on.
Enjoy your life.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2022, 07:20:43 AM »
Looking at these in person they don’t look any narrower than the Ishod, Cons, etc

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2022, 07:09:00 PM »
I will be getting a pair, they're sick! I'm a 9-9.5, need 9.5 in these.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2022, 11:25:14 PM »

and yet they went with suede *rolls eyes*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2022, 06:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I’m sure they’ll drop an all canvas colorway.
They’re reasoning is chrome free suede dying or the leather place doesn’t use chrome or something like that. But that 3D dura cap May help all canvas colorways.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2022, 01:10:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

What's the better option for a main material on a eco-skate shoe than suede though? "Vegan" leathers are great, but usually plastic-based synthetics have larger impact on the environment than non-chrome-tanned leathers and suedes. Canvas/hemp/etc would have less impact, but they obviously don't last long for skating. To be "environmentally friendly" is tough when you are doing shoes meant for durability, and even tougher if you desire a vegan shoe.

I’d think natural rubber in the wear areas, otherwise canvas made of some other natural material than cotton. That’s what I’d like to see in the future. Vans came out with the Circle Vee shoe in the surf line a while ago. Those seem like a step in the right direction IMO.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2022, 10:39:04 PM »
Personally, I think vans have more than enough funds to R&D something innovative like pineapple or cactus leather if they are going to push the whole environmentally conscious schtick …

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2022, 04:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Personally, I think vans have more than enough funds to R&D something innovative like pineapple or cactus leather if they are going to push the whole environmentally conscious schtick …
[close]

But would people be willing to pay the extra required for one of these natural alternative leathers? I used pineapple leather for a project in college a couple years ago, and got a sample of mushroom based leather, and know that those would likely make a shoe at least $25 more expensive than a suede/canvas version at retail. They also don't have the durability of cow leathers, and not even quite the durability of a plastic-based synthetic leather.

Until these costs go down, don't expect any of the big companies like Nike, Adidas, or Vans to use them in any impactful way. Maybe a higher priced, limited release with under 1k units produced.
I would be willing to pay fo'sho but that's just me...

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2022, 08:30:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

But would people be willing to pay the extra required for one of these natural alternative leathers? I used pineapple leather for a project in college a couple years ago, and got a sample of mushroom based leather, and know that those would likely make a shoe at least $25 more expensive than a suede/canvas version at retail. They also don't have the durability of cow leathers, and not even quite the durability of a plastic-based synthetic leather.

Until these costs go down, don't expect any of the big companies like Nike, Adidas, or Vans to use them in any impactful way. Maybe a higher priced, limited release with under 1k units produced.
[close]
I would be willing to pay fo'sho but that's just me...
[close]

Oh me too. I'm not vegan but I do eat vegetarian meals half the time consciously. So I'm down for these leather alternatives. Just like electric cars you gotta start somewhere and you need early adopters... and us nerds need to be that!

technically they are, with this shoe. it's not the messiah of veganity but it's a step in the right direction.

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2022, 10:16:27 PM »
What about fit? has anybody pulled the trigger on these yet? how do they fit compared to other vans pro models etc?