Author Topic: Cheap good quality socks  (Read 2396 times)

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: Cheap good quality socks
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2022, 05:08:04 PM »
Hanes x-temp

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2022, 05:15:10 PM »
I’m down for any quality cushioned sock that’s mostly cotton. Hate all the synthetics and polyester shit that makes my feet sweat more and stink.

For a few years now it’s been the nike everyday crew socks you can pickup a 6 pack at dicks for $12 when they semi regularly go on sale.

Not for skating but I picked up a six pack of no show underarmour cotton socks and they’re pretty nice we’ll see how they last

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2022, 05:21:55 PM »
I got some fake Stance socks on Amazon that I swear are nicer than actual Stance socks.

That's not a very high bar. Stance's turn stiff and lose all their flexibility within a couple washes. Worst skate socks I've every tried.

Ishaboi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2022, 06:51:34 PM »
Can also sign off on Dickies socks being doo-doo.

New Balance socks from TJ Maxx/Marshalls are pretty good.

eSK3

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2022, 03:02:58 AM »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2022, 03:04:24 AM »
Expand Quote
I got some fake Stance socks on Amazon that I swear are nicer than actual Stance socks.
[close]

That's not a very high bar. Stance's turn stiff and lose all their flexibility within a couple washes. Worst skate socks I've every tried.

The regular and graphic ones I agree with this. I have about 20 pairs of the stance basketball socks that still feel like new and actually provide support in the right areas going on 4 years. I came up on them super cheap at a Ross. I think they were like $2.99 a pair, I originally bought 2 then went back and bought the other 18 pair on the shelf a day or two later
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2022, 10:15:49 AM »
I just buy whatever target brand crew socks they have and they’re pretty good, goodfellow I think it’s called? You can get a 6 pack for $10 usually.

Tempted to try these as I thoroughly enjoy the Goodfellow brand boxers from Target.  Haven't noticed they also had Goodfellow socks in that section of the store.

I'd like to add that Volcom "Vibes" socks are quality! They're my personal favorite right now. Comfortable, nice stretch, somewhat thick/padded, they feel protective, and they last! I get sweaty feet in EVERY sock I wear, so I'm not the best judge for determining "breathability" in socks.

Whenever Volcom does sales (which happen often enough) you can sometimes find these for $5 or less a pair, depending on how good the sale is for which colors they're clearing out. Also, if you are a regular Volcom customer like I am (love their pants/shorts and some of their button ups/tops) then you can always use reward points you've earned to cut the cost. We're no stranger to that tactic if we frequent the Sale Gear thread tho hahah

For how good they are, I'm willing to spend about $5 a pair and grab a couple at a time to swap out some other old ones. They're comparable to how good Stance is brand new, but less scratchy feeling.

https://www.volcom.com/collections/mens/products/vibes-socks-pr-ribbon-red?variant=39427611754563
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 10:34:40 AM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

artskool

• Rep: 31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2022, 11:27:58 AM »
I also wear mostly these. They don't last super long, but I don't get stinky or sweaty feet in them like I do in most socks.

My wife bought me some Bombas socks as a gift, that look goofy but are super nice. The price point is a little fancy for my blood though to restock.

Expand Quote
Hanes x-temp
[close]

This!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2022, 11:51:25 AM »
If you live near a Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshall's or Burlington type place then they usually have the Nike/adidas/vans ones for like $5.99/6 pairs.

Check the clearance rack too, they always have super cheap socks and underwear. You can get those fancy puma athletic easy breezy ball hugger jawns for like $1.99 a pair if you're effete enough to squeeze into a small or medium.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2022, 01:25:44 PM »
I've found all my favorite socks are made up mostly of cotton. Nylon and polyester make my feet sweat and feel like they're sliding around inside my shoe. Pretty much any reputable sportswear company has good cotton socks Nike, Under armour, new balance. Just check the tag for their blends as it varies by sock model.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2022, 01:37:56 PM »
I agree, it’s just a feel thing.  I even love stance, but can’t skate them….in my day to day, one thing that I’ve come to realize is that if it’s raining, wear wool or poly….makes such a difference…

caked

• Rep: -8
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2022, 10:11:44 AM »
highly recommend Pair of Thieves ankle socks. great cushioning and the best feeling socks I own! can get them from Target or their online shop.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2022, 10:20:59 AM »
I have size 8 feet and get annoyed how big socks often are….would it kill them to do three sizes?

Me too. I’m size 8.5.

I’ve found that the black Hanes crew sox are the only cheap sock I can rock. I get them at Walmart or at the goodwill if I see packages not loose sox

The best socks I’ve ever had came from the army navy store.

They are made of an excellent wool blend are grey in colour and are tall. The toe has an R and an L on the bottom of them.

I haven’t got a pair in a while because I was getting them as factory seconds or something. When I found them in the store store they was 4x the army navy store.

Tip for pals.
If you got chronic foot rot or bad smelling feets. Go wool/cotton blend. Ax polly blends. Polly blends perpetuate foot fungus and stank toe.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)