Author Topic: 2022 MLB season  (Read 2754 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
Re: 2022 MLB season
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2022, 02:53:07 PM »
The emergence of Ha Seong Kim this year has been fantastic to watch

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2022, 04:19:33 PM »

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2022, 05:57:31 PM »

Sickest thing I’ve seen this week.

Honorable mention, Tony Kemp’s no bases on bunt against the Twins Tuesday night. True G in the game, bunt legend.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2022, 06:12:14 PM »
That's some mother fucking San Diego excellence right there

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2022, 09:07:08 PM »
Love my dodgers. Went to this game last summer. It was right when people were starting to go out, I think mask stuff or gathering were just being lifted. The crowd was so excited, and during the game, there were so many fucking homeruns/scoring/grand slams going on that you would miss something as you turned to talk to your friends about what had just happened last. It was like it was 1999 and Stone Cold came out with beer and serving up stunners for 9 innings straight, everyone in the crowd was going nuts and it was what a ton of people needed right then.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2022, 11:38:43 AM »

no fuckin way. this is so epic hahahah

Love my dodgers. Went to this game last summer. It was right when people were starting to go out, I think mask stuff or gathering were just being lifted. The crowd was so excited, and during the game, there were so many fucking homeruns/scoring/grand slams going on that you would miss something as you turned to talk to your friends about what had just happened last. It was like it was 1999 and Stone Cold came out with beer and serving up stunners for 9 innings straight, everyone in the crowd was going nuts and it was what a ton of people needed right then.

I went to dodgers vs giants a few weeks back and it was so fun. not a dodgers fan really(angels) but the atmosphere at game was just way better than an angels game, plus they smoked the giants. I hadn't been to a dodger's game since I was maybe 10 years old sitting in the pavillion wooden bench seats when they still served alcohol in that section and there was constantly fights lol. biggest hang up is dodgers stadium is a fuckin nightmare getting into/exiting even using the new free shuttle from union station
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 02:01:45 PM by Huell Howser »

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2022, 01:49:15 PM »
Let’s not forget when Robbie D threw the first pitch in some flamed up DC moon stompers.

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2022, 09:34:38 PM »
this wes kremer first pitch picture is incredible hahahaha

mike trout has scored his 1000 career run tonight and the angels are goddamn fun to watch this year!

edit: the angels have gone to shit now, that's crazy
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 08:49:30 PM by Clemskiba »

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

Clemskiba

• almost canadian
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2022, 08:50:53 PM »
second half of the season has started and trade deadline just passed

wish the blue jays could get more pitching but i'm relieved that willson contreras is still with the cubbies

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »

https://youtu.be/pFzGdN5qnOg

I love this man

https://youtu.be/CGUVacJKT6Y

I LOVE this man

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2022, 12:01:10 AM »
Go Padres
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Clemskiba

• almost canadian
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2022, 09:52:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love this man

I LOVE this man

watched soto's debut game against the rockies and that brandon drury grand slam was absolutely glorious

better hope the padres make it far in the coming two years because they don't have a lot of prospects left hahaha

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2022, 09:55:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I love this man

I LOVE this man
[close]

watched soto's debut game against the rockies and that brandon drury grand slam was absolutely glorious

better hope the padres make it far in the coming two years because they don't have a lot of prospects left hahaha

My whole life outside of the 98 season has been mediocrity. I've never once seriously thought we could win a world series until this week. Inshallah the padres will break the SD curse

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2022, 10:39:31 AM »
Giving up prospects always hurts, but having a shot at winning a World Series > trading your #1-25 prospects IMO… some may never even pan out. Ok Maybe your #1 would suck ha…

Still 1.5 or 2 years whatever it is rental of Soto you do it. Now he’s probably extra juiced to go to a winning team too…

Seattle gave up a ton for Castillo.. may not even make the playoffs. Again both clubs kudos for going all in.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Clemskiba

• almost canadian
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2022, 11:32:35 AM »
Giving up prospects always hurts, but having a shot at winning a World Series > trading your #1-25 prospects IMO… some may never even pan out. Ok Maybe your #1 would suck ha…

Still 1.5 or 2 years whatever it is rental of Soto you do it. Now he’s probably extra juiced to go to a winning team too…

Seattle gave up a ton for Castillo.. may not even make the playoffs. Again both clubs kudos for going all in.

you're right but they gave up some really good guys to the nationals, both teams have improved drastically here

i would've done the same for a player like juan soto, though - he really is a beast and that padres lineup looks stacked as hell with him in it now

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2022, 11:48:45 AM »
Yeah i mean nats could be set in 5-10 years…

but they’ve also had Harper, Turner, Rendon, Scherzer, and now Soto. Im just saying Padres have a team for the now. Soto could be the missing piece who knows…

I look at like the Rockies or the d backs who seem to be in development hell. Detroit somewhat too…

Shit the Astros have Forrest Whitley who is/was supposed to be a lights out pitcher. Taken high in the draft years ago. Kid just can’t stay healthy.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2022, 12:16:38 PM »
Everything changed when tatis did the double jump. Go padres

Clemskiba

• almost canadian
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2022, 12:44:02 PM »
Yeah i mean nats could be set in 5-10 years…

but they’ve also had Harper, Turner, Rendon, Scherzer, and now Soto. Im just saying Padres have a team for the now. Soto could be the missing piece who knows…

I look at like the Rockies or the d backs who seem to be in development hell. Detroit somewhat too…

Shit the Astros have Forrest Whitley who is/was supposed to be a lights out pitcher. Taken high in the draft years ago. Kid just can’t stay healthy.

i didn't look at it like that but that's true, rendon and harper are both injury prone and the latter wasn't with the team anymore when they won their world series in 2019

i mean even stephen strasburg was drafted first overall by the nats, used to be so good but he has been a shell of himself since he got his big contract mainly due to injury, just seems that they really aren't lucky

hopefully history doesn't repeat itself in dc and they can build a decent roster in the years to come

yeah, it's a literal lottery sometimes, you see players like mookie betts being taken in the fifth round that become absolute superstars

hell, wade boggs and albert pujols were selected in super late rounds so you never know what you're gonna get

most of the players they got in the trade really seem to be very good though, especially abrams and wood

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2022, 12:50:58 PM »
Yeah for sure. That Jones kid drafted 1 or 2 is already hurt out for the season.

But I was just pointing out the talent the nats have had…Castillo to Seattle now that was an overpay. That’s gonna hurt. Especially if Castillo walks…

I wonder if Seattle offered that same package for Soto…

@DaleSr  an Owner and GM swinging for the fences gotta love it. Plus getting Hosmers contract off the books. I’m jelly

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2022, 01:01:44 PM »
Yeah for sure. That Jones kid drafted 1 or 2 is already hurt out for the season.

But I was just pointing out the talent the nats have had…Castillo to Seattle now that was an overpay. That’s gonna hurt. Especially if Castillo walks…

@DaleSr  an Owner and GM swinging for the fences gotta love it. Plus getting Hosmers contract off the books. I’m jelly

REALLY thrilled to be off hosmer's contract

Clemskiba

• almost canadian
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2022, 01:07:44 PM »

sorry got all excited to talk baseball for a bit

castillo to seattle will only work if they can make the playoffs this year, i guess - they really need it, twenty one years with no playoffs appearance is way too much

sacrificing a player like noelvi marte probably wasn't the best move to pull though

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2022, 01:18:35 PM »
All good I’m always down to nerd out on baseball lol shit, man i listen to sports AM radio during my drives ha

And it’s just cool to see a team not named Red Sox, fankees, or the dudgers get the big fish…

thebacker

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2022, 01:26:42 PM »
Go phillies

Clemskiba

• almost canadian
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2022, 02:22:54 PM »
All good I’m always down to nerd out on baseball lol shit, man i listen to sports AM radio during my drives ha

And it’s just cool to see a team not named Red Sox, fankees, or the dudgers get the big fish…

hahaha i work at home so all i do is listening to music all day with mlb network or sports channels in the background so i feel you!

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2022, 03:48:05 PM »
Orioles magic

Edit: We won let’s go
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:28:35 PM by os89 »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2022, 07:25:38 AM »
Slam Di-fucking-ego baby

PADRES

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2022, 07:41:15 AM »
fuck everything

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2022, 11:43:16 AM »
I was thinking i didn’t want ANYTHING to do with the Jays, but the mariners looking scary…

@DaveFuck @PAWL how about y’all’s Phillies..6 runs in the 9th

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2022, 06:46:34 PM »
Any Seattle fans here?  Fucking amazing comeback.  That's gonna give them some forward momentum (they'll need it against Houston).

SD whooping up on NY last night was awesome, and even sweeter that they jumped all over phony-ass Scherzer.  Finish them off tonight, PLEASE.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2022, 04:59:35 AM »
Any Seattle fans here?  Fucking amazing comeback.  That's gonna give them some forward momentum (they'll need it against Houston).

SD whooping up on NY last night was awesome, and even sweeter that they jumped all over phony-ass Scherzer.  Finish them off tonight, PLEASE.

Nope...but a Jays fan who could not believe Mayza gave up 4 runs on 3 pitches to start perhaps the biggest choke job ever (must have been taking notes from the Leafs). Up 8-1 at home and lose 9-10? My gawd was I pissed, and my son was dumbfounded. Our bullpen comes in throwing low 90s...Seattle's high 90s to 100. Huge difference at that level. Both Vladdy and Manoah need to talk less unless they can back it up in the playoffs. Scattered reply but hard to be clear and concise with that gongshow.

And...my Dad (ex baseball ump) is a Yankees fan so I'll get to hear it disected in great detail as it's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and we're hosting. Fun times.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk