Author Topic: Kien's "Ruining Skateboarding" THERE Part  (Read 6630 times)

dill8849

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: Kien's "Ruining Skateboarding" THERE Part
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2022, 11:19:29 AM »
https://youtu.be/ShIbNP3p5eQ

44:45 is the best part in my opinion.

Monopolyman

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2022, 12:19:47 PM »
That was a beautiful full length

Chandler is so underrated.  Jeff’s part got me in the feels.  The team is so well fit together.  B-roll was excellent. Great edit and music here, often trancended into some really emotional moments, like the outro especially with all that 16mm.  Leo’s herb alpert part was rad and Nadair was a revelation.  Very happy for There and Unity joining DLX.  The vid is wonderful

disappointed

• Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2022, 10:07:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can't stand when companies will go to the effort of making a full length video, then sporadically and stagger the release of the parts on different platforms. What's the point? So they can get a couple hundred of new followers, and have their clips shared to peoples stories for a day? Would love to see this video as intended.

And this just isn't directed at There. Pass~Port, Zero & Toy Machine did this in recent times as well.
[close]

I'm Kinda bummed too.
[close]

Seems to me to be a way of inflating the view count and making it so their stuff isn’t buried under newer content a week later.

If those are the reasons, I can understand it.  If I worked for years on something, I’d want to maximize its visibility too.

I think it also helps the individual skaters get a little more shine: more people will probably watch a solo part than if that part was buried in minute 36 of a 45 minute-long video.

Eventually releasing the video as a whole after they’ve milked the individual part releases seems like the best of both worlds.
[close]

I guess so, but I agree with horses and ray on this one. I just want to watch the whole video, like the premiere, to get the whole vibe of there in the complete format. And breaking it up across Jenkem/Thrasher also seems to fracture it - I’m guessing you’d get alot more views on Thrasher, I wonder who decides who goes where, which obviously this will impact views, exposure, pro board sales etc. How does Marbie get relegated to second tier exposure on Jenkem, honestly!

I watched Kien, but now I’m going to wait til the full length to drop, rather than ruin it. Guess im old, but I don’t want to ruin the movie by watching all the partial scenes. Looking forward to it. Besides, can’t they just drop the individual parts after the full length? They really are ruining skateboarding ;D
[close]
https://youtu.be/ShIbNP3p5eQ

Loved it, worth the wait. James is my favourite. Shag was someone I didn't know, now I'm a fan.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2022, 11:01:06 AM »
I back Kien.

That 5oh front 3 needs to be taken to all spots!!! That was beautiful imo.

The white sweater with the two flowers is fit of the year for sure.

Skateboarding got ruined by the berries. Everyone knows that. There’s more than 10 tricks in skateboarding and now there’s no limit on what you can wear as a professional like it was in the 80s but better.

The only skateboarding law I think about and adhere to is the forbidden 14. I take ledges kinda seriously.

I hope everyone is doing alright out there. I’m fighting for peace still but I’m feeling dashed upon the rocks.

I go back and forth on the forbidden 14 . I’ve always hated board slides on ledges but lip and back lip while not always looking the best aren’t exactly super easy on ledges. Maybe I’m biased at the moment after watching that glick rough cut he had a bunch of tricks that just looked good.

Hope you find your peace soon friend . Dealing with the same shit the last few weeks.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.