Author Topic: Any NA or AA pals willing to take on a sponsee?  (Read 611 times)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Any NA or AA pals willing to take on a sponsee?
« on: March 24, 2022, 06:05:31 PM »
PM me with contact info or just hit me up in my inbox.

Recently I’ve got in to NA had a relapse with drinking, thought I could manage it as breaks in between like a weekend drinker.

Been wanting to talk with a sponsor who I have something in common that skates.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 06:14:47 PM by El Fapinator »
Dueces Bitch's

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 846
Re: Any NA or AA pals willing to take on a sponsee?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 01:37:07 AM »
Not a 12 stepper so I can't help but keep your head up. You sound like you know what you need to do, so get your ass back up on that horse and start riding it towards the sunset.

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 04:29:46 AM »

Recently I’ve got in to NA had a relapse with drinking, thought I could manage it as breaks in between like a weekend drinker.

Don't dwell on that, you're there for another reason.

Go to a meeting and ask somebody who seems like they have done the steps and not too regular. Most of the time they're asking at the end if there are any available sponsors. Your task is to start taking actions. You're not looking for a friend, just somebody you trust enough to guide you through the work. Also, you can always switch. I even transfered people to other sponsors because my approach did not work too well. It is not a popularity contest.

Good luck, brother.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 08:19:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't dwell on that, you're there for another reason.

Go to a meeting and ask somebody who seems like they have done the steps and not too regular. Most of the time they're asking at the end if there are any available sponsors. Your task is to start taking actions. You're not looking for a friend, just somebody you trust enough to guide you through the work. Also, you can always switch. I even transfered people to other sponsors because my approach did not work too well. It is not a popularity contest.

Good luck, brother.
Well the reason I’m asking on here as I’ve been finding out that most people in the south are bible beaters and stuff.

Sure I have skating as my higher power and still hold true to that sentiment.  I guess I’m wanting to work on myself as well.
Dueces Bitch's

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 12:42:10 PM »
I understand, imposing their believes is shitty fucking behavior that is not in line with overall AA message.

Keep going and you'll find somebody decent. Working on the program was crucial for me, because it gave me a lot of tools and helped shift focus into something positive. It does not have to be the same for you, but I'm thinking some sort of plan is good to follow. 12 steps is not the answer for everybody...very few, actually.

Keep coming back, my dude.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 846
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 02:42:18 AM »
I understand, imposing their believes is shitty fucking behavior that is not in line with overall AA message.

Keep going and you'll find somebody decent. Working on the program was crucial for me, because it gave me a lot of tools and helped shift focus into something positive. It does not have to be the same for you, but I'm thinking some sort of plan is good to follow. 12 steps is not the answer for everybody...very few, actually.

Keep coming back, my dude.

This is the right answer. I didn't do the rooms very long because the home group I got placed in out of my program suuucked. My sponsor was actually illiterate and it was borderline Baptist revival level religious theater with people shouting hallelujah and shit. All I could think was "look I know we're in a church basement but can we talk about addiction instead of religion?". It wasn't until after I started dating someone else in recovery (before anyone says don't date rehab girls we met on okcupid) and went to her group and met her sponsor and that I got to see a well run meeting and organized group and it did wonders for her.

@El Fapinator Addiction is an intensely personal thing and everyone is different, so go in with an open mind, figure out what works for you, take that, and leave the rest behind. Ignore the culties and the "you're not actually sober if you didn't do X or you still do Y" types. If you're not drinking or using and you honestly feel good about it thats all that matters. I would be open to a non skater though as long as they're open minded and understand it, you might have a hard time finding an experienced sponsor who also skates locally depending on where you live. If they're into something creative and diverse then they should be able to relate to it on a lot of levels. Musicians and artists usually seem to "get" skating pretty well and ultimately what's important isn't if they can hang with you in a game of skate, it's that they can sense, understand, and guide you.

You got this dude.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 04:55:59 AM »
Just wanna throw in some words = you got this man. hang tough. we believe in you.
Also proud of you to come in here and ask for something you need. Takes courage and vulnerability.
ok thanks

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 07:20:49 AM »
Well tbh I started NA with my roommate/friend we were hitting the bottle’s and 12 packs hard and she wanted to curb it and I understand that. I’m a week in of sobriety and it’s rad just keep the positive eye on the ball.

I joined because of just trying it out and less judgment from older heads in AA.

I fucked up boys because I wasn’t honest about hanging out with another lady and my roommate got super pissed.  So I’m in the dog house for omitting me hanging out with a new gal. She is also in recovery and I’m doing my best to state my well intended hangups and like I’m broken but I’m working on myself.

So I’m just going to meeting’s and hanging out with new gal here and there, I don’t want my roommate to be mad at me but it seems truth or lies she’d be pissed double edged sword scenario.

So I’m trying my best to make amends with her here and there whenever she’s receptive.
Dueces Bitch's