Author Topic: Primitive is out of control  (Read 12838 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
Re: Primitive is out of control
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2022, 04:50:19 AM »
Core sells but whos buying

Hahahaha

Mean while Palace is doing cars with AMG Mercedes Hahahaha.

Trilogy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -263
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2022, 05:03:52 AM »
Same reason why they have Franky Villani on the team.

If they put another fresh\tech skater on the team or they make a Wu-Tang or Snoop Dogg collaboration it would be too obvious.

This way they expand their clients ( this is a business after all ).

I think its a smart move.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2022, 05:09:19 AM »
I am still waiting for the Primitive X Dulcolax collab
Shit's gonna hit the fan

thebacker

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2022, 05:11:09 AM »

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2022, 05:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
I think it's dope that they take care of their riders. Raking in that zumiez money.
[close]

im not sure you know how companies work

this means more money for the four people who own primitive

not necessarily the riders.

Sure, a company that is raking in more profits MIGHT feel more comfortable paying their riders more

but it doesn't have to be that way, and I would venture a guess, most of these high profile collabs board companies are doing don't end up moving the needle on how much pros are paid.

Word on slap is that primitive is able to to treat their riders well, of course they aren't the ones raking in the money from Naruto collabs.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -208
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2022, 05:38:40 AM »
Keep doing the collabs P-Rod.

People don't realize that it's companies like Nike that make money off skateboarders and then spend that money on corporate shit like their jock sports programs. (The Janoski is one of the best selling shoes of all time at Nike, if you think they invested all that back into the skate program you're a moron x 1000000)

Primitive doing collabs with random ass shit allows them to bring more money into skateboarding by selling lots of product to non-skateboarders. This is a good thing.

annoyingskateshopemployee

• Rep: -5
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2022, 05:40:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's dope that they take care of their riders. Raking in that zumiez money.
[close]

Sure, a company that is raking in more profits MIGHT feel more comfortable paying their riders more

but it doesn't have to be that way, and I would venture a guess, most of these high profile collabs board companies are doing don't end up moving the needle on how much pros are paid.
[close]

Word on slap is that primitive is able to to treat their riders well, of course they aren't the ones raking in the money from Naruto collabs.

those collabs will make the company more stable and therefore its paying back to the riders in a big way.
more money = more pro model drops a year.
primitive does have the marketing for it for me not to care while habitat and their wannabe ecological guitar playing white people allowed marketing doesnt. its like not getting mad at mcdonalds that they use plastic toys in the happy meal but when subway does it you think they are fake.

halfcabcrook

• Rep: 3

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2022, 06:18:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh I believe that Primitive treats their riders well

my only point is that if the company gets X amount of money for a collab, that doesn't mean the money for people who ride for primitive goes up X amount.

The benefits to the riders are (as someone above mentioned) indirect, as Primitive being more financially sound and stable allows them to do more things that benefit the riders. My only point is that the lions share of money, will always go to the founders.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2022, 07:11:08 AM »
Four horsemen>>>>>>mechanix
first mistake... last mistake.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 676
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2022, 07:15:31 AM »
primitive x dbz was like printing money. loved that collab. if they did a street fighter collab id buy it (i bought one of the huf boards)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2022, 07:18:42 AM »
Even if you've never listened to a megadeth album, you're familiar with what constitutes their album covers which have been consistent. I'd argue that they're one of the best branded bands because of that. The Prod is just printing money again.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2022, 07:45:22 AM »
P-Rod praying into his hat for the downfall of all the haters in this thread

Brguy

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2022, 07:47:41 AM »
The hoodie is acceptable, I'd probably wear it. And as mentioned before, who cares about their dumb merch ideas when their team is stacked the way it is?

honestly i’m just impressed megadeth could pull off a deal with a company as big as primitive. this is the most relevant they’ve been in 25 years
They got a grammy for their last album, still waiting on the new one though.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2022, 07:51:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think that you understand that when you have a deck with your name on it you get a percentage of sales and that when that deck is available in places like Zumiez you will probably sell more of them

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2022, 08:33:51 AM »
Even if you've never listened to a megadeth album, you're familiar with what constitutes their album covers which have been consistent. I'd argue that they're one of the best branded bands because of that. The Prod is just printing money again.

Megadeth has a classic aesthetic and is a great band(i walked away after countdown but still love their stuff)
Primtive has a classic team and great brand.

I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum in the skateboarding world but i back them. Looks like they all truly enjoy skating and i watch everything they put out.

I bet they were pushing for metallica but couldn’t get licensing. Metallica and zumiez are a match made in heaven.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 676
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2022, 08:39:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't think that you understand that when you have a deck with your name on it you get a percentage of sales and that when that deck is available in places like Zumiez you will probably sell more of them

on top of that you dont have to worry about if they have the means to increase your salary in future, renew your contract, have your pay cheque in time, or even worry that they are going to be in buesiness (reality for majority of brands out these days especailly newer ones). also more likely they are going to have a spot there for you whne you retire from skating. hate to say it but frog and last resort may not be around in a few years.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2022, 08:42:06 AM »
I just got a Kidz Sportz MegaDeth board from the 80's. I definitely prefer it to the primitive stuff
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Dan_O_86

• Rep: 1
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2022, 08:53:25 AM »
This guy at work for our Christmas party gave me a DBZ primitive shirt. He buys a ton of the Naruto shit

OldSkater

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2022, 09:08:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

compare the slice of profit from that board recieved by the rider, and the amount recieved by the management

thats all i mean

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2022, 09:20:44 AM »
Speaking of DGK, they just made this Street Soldier deck for Henry Sanchez which I totally dig.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2022, 09:22:02 AM »
Core sells but whos buying
Collabing is my Business, and Business is Good

OldSkater

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2022, 09:31:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

another thing.... if your name is on a board you get a percentage of BOARD sales of YOUR BOARD. I would go out on a limb and guess that primitive makes a lot more from clothing sales, than from boards. and riders dont get a percentage of that, right?

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2022, 09:49:02 AM »
not a big primitive fan and i think some of the collabs are kooky, BUT from a biz standpoint, what they're doing is appealing to a larger customer base than just skateboarders.  People who don't skate bought the DBZ shit.  People that don't skate will buy the Megadeath stuff.  I've always thought that about skate shoe companies, and why I never was against Etnies or DC.  What, only skateboarders wear size 9?  Obviously, they are designed for skating/skateboarders, but at the end of the day, most people have 2 feet. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2022, 09:52:29 AM »
Expand Quote
I get where you’re coming from but if it was a shoe company nobody would care as much. Not really sure the correlation between Lakai x Black Sabbath, Vans x Slayer, Nike SB x Gundam or Etnies x Colt 45 are but they all exist
[close]
Speaking of Colt 45, no less than Billy D. Williams, himself, once confided in me that Colt 45 does NOT, in fact, work every time.
True story.
You drank malt liquor with Lando Calrissian?

Dan_O_86

• Rep: 1
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2022, 10:38:12 AM »
Has anyone brought up that bullshit where it looks like people are trying to dance with a skateboard?  I'm not talking flatground, I mean like some other bullshit

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2022, 10:44:53 AM »
Speaking of DGK, they just made this Street Soldier deck for Henry Sanchez which I totally dig.

??

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2022, 11:07:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

??

Henry was first.

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -402
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2022, 12:35:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Megadeth has a classic aesthetic and is a great band(i walked away after countdown but still love their stuff)
Primtive has a classic team and great brand.

I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum in the skateboarding world but i back them. Looks like they all truly enjoy skating and i watch everything they put out.

I bet they were pushing for metallica but couldn’t get licensing. Metallica and zumiez are a match made in heaven.
Metallica collaborates with Vans occasionally. It’s all been limited, ie no mall store releases. Makes sense as James actually skated for a little while….Also love Megadeth’s aesthetic. I agree with the output after ‘countdown’ although Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings had some gems.
It is weird that Dave Mustaine went from doing MTV specials for the 1992 Democratic Convention to now being an Alex Jones type hardcore right winger, but Primitive prob doesn't care about the politics of the collaborators.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2022, 02:38:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

??
[close]

Henry was first.
I still can’t believe y’all used to skate bloards shaped like this.