Author Topic: Primitive is out of control  (Read 12692 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Primitive is out of control
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2022, 03:29:52 PM »
Speaking of DGK, they just made this Street Soldier deck for Henry Sanchez which I totally dig.

Got mine.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2022, 07:53:13 PM »
Megadeth sounds like a 4kids anime or power rangers oppening. Go listen to Slayer.

Faxmachine

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2022, 09:21:01 PM »
Megadeth sounds like a 4kids anime or power rangers oppening. Go listen to Slayer.
Slayer pretty lame
 is it heavy cuz:
Heavy on the war propaganda
Heavy on the racism to people from the Middle East
Heavy on nazi imagery?
Cuz that’s how slayer is
Slayer for bootlickers and marines

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2022, 09:22:12 PM »
Is it weird that this actually might be the final straw that makes me say fuck Mustaine once and for all? Megadeth has been my favorite band for most of my life but goddamn they're just so unlikeable these days.

At least do your shitty collab with zero or creature. Fucking hell.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2022, 09:33:42 PM »
I get where you’re coming from but if it was a shoe company nobody would care as much. Not really sure the correlation between Lakai x Black Sabbath, Vans x Slayer, Nike SB x Gundam or Etnies x Colt 45 are but they all exist

Lakai x sabbath is fine by me because Riley is a well known sabbath fiend that's been doing music shit for years. That one felt more like hero worship. I have a very hard time believing there's anyone on primitive who can name 10 megadeth songs.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2022, 10:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Slayer pretty lame
 is it heavy cuz:
Heavy on nazi imagery?
Cuz that’s how slayer is

example?
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2022, 12:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's dope that they take care of their riders. Raking in that zumiez money.
[close]

im not sure you know how companies work

this means more money for the four people who own primitive

not necessarily the riders.

Sure, a company that is raking in more profits MIGHT feel more comfortable paying their riders more

but it doesn't have to be that way, and I would venture a guess, most of these high profile collabs board companies are doing don't end up moving the needle on how much pros are paid.
[close]

I don't think that you understand that when you have a deck with your name on it you get a percentage of sales and that when that deck is available in places like Zumiez you will probably sell more of them
[close]

compare the slice of profit from that board recieved by the rider, and the amount recieved by the management

thats all i mean

my man, did you JUST NOW learn how businesses are run and are trying to flex that or what?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2022, 02:00:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Slayer pretty lame
 is it heavy cuz:
Heavy on nazi imagery?
Cuz that’s how slayer is
[close]

example?

Did you get that sig from me or did you make your own version? Not hating, Im stoked to see someone else likes it as much as me haha.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2022, 03:25:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Slayer pretty lame
 is it heavy cuz:
Heavy on nazi imagery?
Cuz that’s how slayer is
SLAYER> rest of the big 4

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2022, 03:48:48 AM »
Enjoi x Kreator Collab dropping this spring

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2022, 04:04:35 AM »
Enjoi x Kreator Collab dropping this spring
I was thinking welcome x bolt thrower but it’s kinda the same thought

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2022, 04:28:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Slayer pretty lame
 is it heavy cuz:
Heavy on nazi imagery?
Cuz that’s how slayer is

isnt dave mustaine alt-right now?

the metal musician to conservative pipeline is real lol

OldSkater

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2022, 04:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it's dope that they take care of their riders. Raking in that zumiez money.
[close]

Sure, a company that is raking in more profits MIGHT feel more comfortable paying their riders more

but it doesn't have to be that way, and I would venture a guess, most of these high profile collabs board companies are doing don't end up moving the needle on how much pros are paid.
[close]

I don't think that you understand that when you have a deck with your name on it you get a percentage of sales and that when that deck is available in places like Zumiez you will probably sell more of them
[close]

compare the slice of profit from that board recieved by the rider, and the amount recieved by the management

thats all i mean
[close]

my man, did you JUST NOW learn how businesses are run and are trying to flex that or what?

this is common knowledge, im only posting it because people seem to want to argue with me about it lol

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2022, 08:07:53 AM »
Maybe it's because SLAP isn't the normal crowd, but I don't quite understand how these collabs between * random intellectual property * and * board company * are such cash cows. I don't think I've ever been at a shop and seen a superhero/ninja turtles/hot sauce x board company board and been like "damn, lemme see THAT one!"

They are generally pretty wack lol. Santa Cruz is probably the worst offender, but Habitat has also done embarrassing collabs with Bob's Burgers and NASA among others. Do they really help keep the lights on that much?

Palace does it and it's cool though. IDK.

The Twin Peaks X Habitat collab gets a pass from me haha.

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2022, 08:28:59 AM »

I might have agreed 10 years ago
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

OldSkater

« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2022, 11:48:22 AM »
Maybe it's because SLAP isn't the normal crowd, but I don't quite understand how these collabs between * random intellectual property * and * board company * are such cash cows. I don't think I've ever been at a shop and seen a superhero/ninja turtles/hot sauce x board company board and been like "damn, lemme see THAT one!"

They are generally pretty wack lol. Santa Cruz is probably the worst offender, but Habitat has also done embarrassing collabs with Bob's Burgers and NASA among others. Do they really help keep the lights on that much?

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2022, 12:30:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Even if you've never listened to a megadeth album, you're familiar with what constitutes their album covers which have been consistent. I'd argue that they're one of the best branded bands because of that. The Prod is just printing money again.
[close]

Megadeth has a classic aesthetic and is a great band(i walked away after countdown but still love their stuff)
Primtive has a classic team and great brand.

I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum in the skateboarding world but i back them. Looks like they all truly enjoy skating and i watch everything they put out.

I bet they were pushing for metallica but couldn’t get licensing. Metallica and zumiez are a match made in heaven.
[close]
Metallica collaborates with Vans occasionally. It’s all been limited, ie no mall store releases. Makes sense as James actually skated for a little while….Also love Megadeth’s aesthetic. I agree with the output after ‘countdown’ although Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings had some gems.
It is weird that Dave Mustaine went from doing MTV specials for the 1992 Democratic Convention to now being an Alex Jones type hardcore right winger, but Primitive prob doesn't care about the politics of the collaborators.
You might be on to something.
Watching that road to recovery vid from P-rod. He had a trump biography prominently displayed.
Maybe they met on jan 6th

HeavyAndExpensive

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2022, 02:45:26 PM »
Tornado of Souls has the best guitar solo ever

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Even if you've never listened to a megadeth album, you're familiar with what constitutes their album covers which have been consistent. I'd argue that they're one of the best branded bands because of that. The Prod is just printing money again.
[close]

Megadeth has a classic aesthetic and is a great band(i walked away after countdown but still love their stuff)
Primtive has a classic team and great brand.

I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum in the skateboarding world but i back them. Looks like they all truly enjoy skating and i watch everything they put out.

I bet they were pushing for metallica but couldn’t get licensing. Metallica and zumiez are a match made in heaven.
[close]
Metallica collaborates with Vans occasionally. It’s all been limited, ie no mall store releases. Makes sense as James actually skated for a little while….Also love Megadeth’s aesthetic. I agree with the output after ‘countdown’ although Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings had some gems.
It is weird that Dave Mustaine went from doing MTV specials for the 1992 Democratic Convention to now being an Alex Jones type hardcore right winger, but Primitive prob doesn't care about the politics of the collaborators.
[close]
You might be on to something.
Watching that road to recovery vid from P-rod. He had a trump biography prominently displayed.
Maybe they met on jan 6th

A lot of the 90s “fresh” skaters of the 90s are gnarly right wingers too ie: Henry Sanchez
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2022, 03:23:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

thats all i mean
[close]

[close]

this is common knowledge, im only posting it because people seem to want to argue with me about it lol

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2022, 05:22:54 PM »
Is it weird that this actually might be the final straw that makes me say fuck Mustaine once and for all? Megadeth has been my favorite band for most of my life but goddamn they're just so unlikeable these days.

Crush ‘Em was when I bailed. Jock anthem shit

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2022, 10:25:48 AM »
I really just like only one Megadeth song. Holy Wars.

Mustaine is weird nowadays.
IG: @flowterspace

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2022, 10:47:04 AM »

Doesn't the guy who does Bobs Burgers do board artwork for Habitat already though, I think that is the link for that one. I can't recall his name rn.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2022, 11:04:09 AM »

Mustaine has always been a crybaby racists kook

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2022, 11:30:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I loved them as a kid, but I relistened to the for the first time in forever the other day and it was all pretty bad.  Peace Sells and earlier are listenable, the rest of it is trash.  Dude sucks as a vocalist

Mustaine has always been a crybaby racists kook
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2022, 01:38:21 PM »
wearing merch of bands you don’t listen to sounds exactly like Primitive’s fanbase

some Kardashian wearing Slayer shirts kinda shit
" I did not say this I am not here"

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -27
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2022, 01:53:29 PM »
What else would you expect? Primitive is literally the worst company of all time. Sure they "take care of" their team but that is nothing but a ploy to sell more products. The company is run by an old Indian guy and his 24 year old son both who have absolutely no knowledge or background in skateboarding. Also, not one employee I've met from this company has had one good thing to say about their experience working there.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2022, 02:24:54 PM »
"What is Primitive Skate? A skateboard company - we make decks." - Paul Rodriguez

HeavyAndExpensive

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2022, 02:31:03 PM »
Primitive the anime board company?

R3dBullRox420

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2022, 02:31:40 PM »
I get where you’re coming from but if it was a shoe company nobody would care as much. Not really sure the correlation between Lakai x Black Sabbath, Vans x Slayer, Nike SB x Gundam or Etnies x Colt 45 are but they all exist

Idk Vans x Slayer isn't too farfetched. A lot of hessians listen to slayer and rock vans. Nike SB has a huge hypebeast following n they do cater to them 1/8 of the time. Hypebeasts like collecting toys including gundam and nike sb has done products appealing to japanese streetwear/design for a while so  it kind of makes sense