Author Topic: Owen Wilson's cameo in Yeah Right! can't be duplicated  (Read 4811 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Owen Wilson's cameo in Yeah Right! can't be duplicated
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2022, 11:26:02 AM »
How does Wes Anderson feel?….all his movies got worse the moment Owen Wilson wasn’t involved…..

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2022, 11:26:48 AM »

He did really well. I was impressed that Koston was able to switch outfits that quickly.

I never actually put it together that Koston was in the skit as well as playing Owen's part. Just watched it back though and it cuts to a different clip where he's not standing at the van any more before Owen gets up.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2022, 12:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Owen Wilson worked because it was the first one.   Then Ty and Spike thought they had to keep throwing actors in there (as if anyone gave a shit one way or the other) to parrot Spike lines.   They just let JB riff as a filmer and Will Arnett was funny just making fun of them in the van, but there wasn’t really any objective behind it.   

Just remember Spike was as responsible for Crail Films excesses as Ty was, perhaps even more so because the buck stopped with him.
[close]

It was probably the first real cameo but that Rodney Mullen part at the Hollywood stars where he almost runs into Jack Nicholson has always stuck out to me. Probably the most famous person to be in someone’s part whether he knew it or not.

Don’t forget the extreeeeeeemely embarrassing intro to Chad Fernandez’s Storm part

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2022, 02:10:36 PM »
Ty and Spike wrote a little dialogue for him and emailed it to him, and he was pretty baffled by all the lingo and stuff he had to say, so they explained it to him and I guess he prepped for the "role."

He did really well. I was impressed that Koston was able to switch outfits that quickly. Plus the jazz push and the sudden toe drag after the noseblunt to slow down was always funny. There's a lot of little funny moments from that skit, like how he says Spanky bluntslid that rail in TIS, but he actually did a front feeble down it. Or Carroll's casual indifferent behaviour.

He said bluntslid? I always thought he said "blitzed" and got so confused

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2022, 03:51:32 PM »
Pretty sure there was an ad with Koston and owner Wilson sitting together in the same clothes and Koston had a wig on. It's actually an insert on the DVD

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2022, 04:57:00 PM »
How does Wes Anderson feel?….all his movies got worse the moment Owen Wilson wasn’t involved…..

What do you mean? He’s only not been involved in like, three of them ever. He was just in one last year.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2022, 11:58:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What do you mean? He’s only not been involved in like, three of them ever. He was just in one last year.

He stopped writing with Wes Anderson after The Royal Tenenbaums.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2022, 01:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think the poster knows this and is talking shit on life aquatic - French dispatch which is crazy talk.   

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2022, 01:06:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

IMO, "The Life Aquatic...With Steve Zissou" is Anderson's best film. But he releases consistently good material. Weakest was maybe the one on the train, and that wasn't terrible. I laughed when the three dudes got kicked of and the one guy was all, "Are we gonna get our snake back?"
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2022, 01:16:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

IMO, "The Life Aquatic...With Steve Zissou" is Anderson's best film. But he releases consistently good material. Weakest was maybe the one on the train, and that wasn't terrible. I laughed when the three dudes got kicked of and the one guy was all, "Are we gonna get our snake back?"

The Grand Budapest Hotel is easily my favorite but I also think that in The Royal Tenenbaums, Gene Hackman stole the entire movie.

guyledouche

• Rep: -25
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2022, 05:41:35 AM »
Expand Quote

He did really well. I was impressed that Koston was able to switch outfits that quickly.
[close]

I never actually put it together that Koston was in the skit as well as playing Owen's part. Just watched it back though and it cuts to a different clip where he's not standing at the van any more before Owen gets up.

I always thought it was Marc Johnson due to the jazz push, lankiness, and how white he is.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2022, 06:40:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Ty and Spike wrote a little dialogue for him and emailed it to him, and he was pretty baffled by all the lingo and stuff he had to say, so they explained it to him and I guess he prepped for the "role."

He did really well. I was impressed that Koston was able to switch outfits that quickly. Plus the jazz push and the sudden toe drag after the noseblunt to slow down was always funny. There's a lot of little funny moments from that skit, like how he says Spanky bluntslid that rail in TIS, but he actually did a front feeble down it. Or Carroll's casual indifferent behaviour.
[close]

He said bluntslid? I always thought he said "blitzed" and got so confused

Sounds more like blitzed yeah, that confused me as well - I figured he messed up his line a little. Doesn't make sense if he wouldn't do a bluntslide because Spanky front feebled it, unless I'm missing something.

Pearl Motherfuckin Wilson

• Rep: -4
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2022, 06:42:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I always thought it was Marc Johnson due to the jazz push, lankiness, and how white he is.

MJ is regs. Cmon, the style gave it away in like 2 seconds. I was at peak Koston Fan mode when this dropped and my friends didn't believe me, Hansel was just so hot as the time.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2022, 11:05:37 AM »
Skateboarding was at the outer fringe of popular culture at the time Yeah Right was made, so it felt more like a novel to hear a celebrity talk about skateboarding and use the lingo.

By the time Pretty Sweet came out (nearly 10 years later), skateboarding moved a little closer to the center, so it wasn't as weird to see celebrities inside the skateboarding circle. We had already seen Pharrell, Dave Chappelle, and Tyler the Creator talk about skateboarding.

if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2022, 11:13:24 PM »
It was probably the first real cameo but that Rodney Mullen part at the Hollywood stars where he almost runs into Jack Nicholson has always stuck out to me. Probably the most famous person to be in someone’s part whether he knew it or not.
i never realized this, and i thank you for this insight. better late than never i guess :D

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2022, 11:37:18 PM »
Skateboarding was at the outer fringe of popular culture at the time Yeah Right was made, so it felt more like a novel to hear a celebrity talk about skateboarding and use the lingo.

By the time Pretty Sweet came out (nearly 10 years later), skateboarding moved a little closer to the center, so it wasn't as weird to see celebrities inside the skateboarding circle. We had already seen Pharrell, Dave Chappelle, and Tyler the Creator talk about skateboarding.

Lupe Fiasco is so upset by his omission

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2022, 06:33:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Owen Wilson worked because it was the first one.   Then Ty and Spike thought they had to keep throwing actors in there (as if anyone gave a shit one way or the other) to parrot Spike lines.   They just let JB riff as a filmer and Will Arnett was funny just making fun of them in the van, but there wasn’t really any objective behind it.   

Just remember Spike was as responsible for Crail Films excesses as Ty was, perhaps even more so because the buck stopped with him.
[close]

i hate to burst yalls bubbles but that is not jack nicholson lol

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2022, 04:59:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i hate to burst yalls bubbles but that is not jack nicholson lol

prove it.It looks exactly like him and you can tell by their reaction, not to mention he says "is that Jack?"

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"