Author Topic: Ryan Lay of Welcome  (Read 34746 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
Re: Ryan Lay of Welcome
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2022, 12:56:46 PM »
Expand Quote
alien 2.0 or habitat
[close]

gross

And wasnt alien 2.0 in the early 2000s? Seems like we are on alien 5.0 by now.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2022, 01:35:34 PM »
Checking this thread a lot at work today. I just want him to be announced on a cool brand!

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 107
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2022, 02:31:35 PM »
idk if someone already poasted but could see him on krooked

doublesteveburger

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2022, 02:48:56 PM »
paul was just in town for phxam weekend, nothing to hint about as far as sponsors go every dork in town got a photo with him this weekend

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2022, 03:06:21 PM »
Would be wild if he was on Madrid and VSW

MisterX

• Rep: 50
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2022, 03:58:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whoever it is better pay this man and snag him a shoe sponsor while they’re at it.
[close]
gifted hater needs to get him on LRAB so someone can give him fucking vegan shoes again (because vans seems incapable of doing that in 2022)
[close]

Back when they were first announcing their team I dm’d LRAB like a man does and asked if they were smart enough to put him on and I got a response that said something like “he reached out to us about it” with some emoji I forget and then obviously nothing came of it and they announced like Jesse Alba right after lol

LRAB wouldn't be a stretch with the Mango/AZ connection

Lisa96

« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2022, 04:07:31 PM »
last resort is fine no need to share a slice of your pie with anyone

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2022, 04:39:57 PM »
paul was just in town for phxam weekend, nothing to hint about as far as sponsors go every dork in town got a photo with him this weekend

i was one of those dorks. but we asked ryan over the weekend and he said sci-fi so all you dweebs can stop guessing random board companies
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 04:50:36 PM by $$LESH »

whoami

• Rep: -43
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2022, 06:45:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
alien 2.0 or habitat
[close]

gross
[close]

And wasnt alien 2.0 in the early 2000s? Seems like we are on alien 5.0 by now.

This guy gets it

doublesteveburger

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2022, 08:34:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was one of those dorks. but we asked ryan over the weekend and he said sci-fi so all you dweebs can stop guessing random board companies

you were the cutest one of those dorks tho

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2022, 10:57:30 PM »
Liked this part always, especially the tall bench lines

ay thanks for posting this. watched this a bunch when it came out. such a dope skater

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2022, 01:21:59 AM »
The happy medium 1 tax hahah some of you dudes are tripping.

Like can’t you tell the difference between him/Fiorini and dt the shitniz?

I hope he lands somewhere cool, might take a bit but I’m sure he will, great dude.

Fuck welcome forever for erasing that Eric Winkowski road trip tage from the internet.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2022, 06:06:49 AM »
For some reason I see him on Magenta
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2022, 06:38:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
ay thanks for posting this. watched this a bunch when it came out. such a dope skater
Makes you feel something

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2022, 08:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Makes you feel something
I used to watch this part all the time! Where ever he ends up, Ryan Lay deserves a check for sure.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2022, 08:44:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Makes you feel something
[close]
I used to watch this part all the time! Where ever he ends up, Ryan Lay deserves a check for sure.

It's interesting to consider that Jerry and Sci-Fi can potentially pay Lay as much or more money than Welcome.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2022, 09:22:44 AM »
sci-fi would be sick. ryan rules

always loved this part paired with the song. daryl angel/ryan lay split part from filmbot files

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2022, 09:26:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Makes you feel something
[close]
[close]

It's interesting to consider that Jerry and Sci-Fi can potentially pay Lay as much or more money than Welcome.
Just talkin’ out my ass over here, but maybe he didn’t split over $$$. Maybe he left Welcome because he was fed up with whatever mystical machinations that the Celaya fellow had going on.
I mean… imagine quitting when you’re on a team w/ Chris Miller.
Chris fucking Miller!
Who even does that?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2022, 09:38:47 AM »
This dude rips.  I’m ok with the shaped board. I think it’s pretty cool. I’ve never seen anyone tear up Tempe skate park like Mr Lay.  The pop and trick selection is superb.  Skates fast. 

Companies that could better reveal his talents: 

Anti Hero
Girl
WKND

I don't think Girl really does a lot to reveal anyone's talents. Getting on a crail company is a fast-track to only putting out one part every ~5 years.
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2022, 10:15:29 AM »
Dumbest take. Bannerot, Gass, even Manchild have put out a ton of footage in the past 5 years, more than almost all of the FA team combined.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2022, 11:46:40 AM »
I have no clue why people keep suggesting DLX companies.

He rode for Krooked early in his career, the train only stops at the DLX station once.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he be paying the a happy medium tax his whole career
[close]
I feel like AHM is the reason Jaws isn't hanging drywall in Arizona. Not a tax for everyone.
[close]

this is the tax. #mouthharpmondays and sending out an envelope full of dekline stickers as a prize to ur twitch followers for answering the question "what is my board sponcer?"

I'm probably more anti-Buster O'Shea than most, but I think JAWS is just a bit of a weirdo.

And, despite playing the social media game and appealing to his target market (little kids), he also gets the play the game by going on crazy zero gravity flights on Sony's dime and being in a Tony Hawk game (not as cool as it was in 2003, but I'd be hyped to be in a video game).

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2022, 01:51:05 PM »
Dumbest take. Bannerot, Gass, even Manchild have put out a ton of footage in the past 5 years, more than almost all of the FA team combined.

I won't even pretend to have a clue what FA puts out.. I ignore that side of skating altogether. Gass and Bannerot are dope — but I think they're more the exception than the rule. Plenty of Crail riders are totally content milking it.
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2022, 03:21:55 PM »

Tyshawn's Blessed part was close to 10 minutes
Aidan has dropped 3 or more 5+ min parts
Countless Louie parts

this was a stupid take and I'm willing to bet there are far more squatters on Girl than FA

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2022, 03:55:55 PM »

He rode for Krooked early in his career, the train only stops at the DLX station once.

Ah I mean typically, but this is Ryan Lay. He also rode for Rasa Libre through Deluxe. His ticket could be transferable
p-shuvs and v-flips

LebowskisRug

« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2022, 09:22:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tyshawn's Blessed part was close to 10 minutes
Aidan has dropped 3 or more 5+ min parts
Countless Louie parts

this was a stupid take and I'm willing to bet there are far more squatters on Girl than FA

KB hasn't had a full part since...

Louie is super productive, you're right. Sage has only had clips, Sean has parts occasionally, Nak mostly has clips here and there. Tyshawn you are correct, but it wasn't 10min of just skating if you edit out b roll and other shit.

I was a bit hyperbolic, but let's look at the current Girl roster ignoring that Chocolate just dropped a full length

Malto has had parts in a half dozen videos and has been in the game a decade.
McCrank seems to pepper in footage, but I wouldn't say he is milking it one bit. He is still just as solid.
Simon, Griffin, Niels, Rowan Davis, and even Manchild have all had a shitload of footage in the past few years and Girl had 2 full lengths in that time period plus numerous tour videos where they all have several minutes of footage. And I would take Breana any day over another clip of Beatrice doing the same 50-50 front shuv.

The milkers could include the 2 owners, who are legendary enough that they never need to do shit, and Jeron. Sorta like Gino, Dill, and AVE although AVE is still churning out tons of footage.

I don't like or watch Brophy so no idea there and CK was in jail.

So of all that I dunno, maybe Malto, Brophy, and Jeron milk it. 2 dudes run the company and the rest have each dropped a handful of parts in the last few years. Rowan Davis is especially productive.

I could definitely be wrong, but it's not the retirement home people make it out to be. On the Chocolate front Raven seems to be doing jack shit, C Rob would be pretty stupid to drop (but is not really a pro in the normal sense), Eldridge same deal, and Kenny at least travels with the team. Every other pro just dropped a full part, most were in their recent tour video, and all steadily put out footage.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2022, 11:57:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ah I mean typically, but this is Ryan Lay. He also rode for Rasa Libre through Deluxe. His ticket could be transferable

Was Rasa part of DLX post 2005? I could have sworn they part of a different distribution company at that point?

Similar to how Stereo was with Giant its second time around.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2022, 12:23:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Was Rasa part of DLX post 2005? I could have sworn they part of a different distribution company at that point?

Pretty sure it wasn't part of dlx at that point which is how Omar and Dylan ended up on alien and Reece started skate mental with staba

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2022, 09:11:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Pretty sure it wasn't part of dlx at that point which is how Omar and Dylan ended up on alien and Reece started skate mental with staba

DAMMIT MAN I WAS TRYING TO GET SOME HOPE GOING FOR RYAN!

Anyway. Hope he’s on sci-fi that would be interesting.
p-shuvs and v-flips

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2022, 10:21:32 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he be paying the a happy medium tax his whole career
[close]
I feel like AHM is the reason Jaws isn't hanging drywall in Arizona. Not a tax for everyone.
[close]

this is the tax. #mouthharpmondays and sending out an envelope full of dekline stickers as a prize to ur twitch followers for answering the question "what is my board sponcer?"

[close]

I'm probably more anti-Buster O'Shea than most, but I think JAWS is just a bit of a weirdo.

And, despite playing the social media game and appealing to his target market (little kids), he also gets the play the game by going on crazy zero gravity flights on Sony's dime and being in a Tony Hawk game (not as cool as it was in 2003, but I'd be hyped to be in a video game).

Jaws is more than a bit of a weirdo. A girl I knew years ago was from Arizona and said she was fucking his brother and then jaws jumped out of the closet with full erection covered by a sock , yelled something at them , shook his dick and ran away. Arizona is a helluva drug.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2022, 10:53:30 AM »
you say that like it's a bad thing