Author Topic: Ryan Lay of Welcome  (Read 34600 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Ryan Lay of Welcome
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2022, 06:08:05 AM »
Almost and Herman shoes with dilo
Globe with austyn

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2022, 06:16:49 AM »
Sci Fi kinda does make sense. Both him and Jerry go way back with Enjoi.

foureyedjim

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2022, 06:56:49 AM »
Was Jerry even on Enjoi at that time? Shit, time flies. 

kinjjibo

• Rep: -9
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2022, 08:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Was Jerry even on Enjoi at that time? Shit, time flies.
Ryan got on 2012, Jerry left 2013. It’s also been almost 5 years since he left Chocolate which is crazy.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2022, 08:30:34 AM »
http://youtu.be/fC0fZtwfb6M

bring back brimely tho it never left

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2022, 08:39:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Whoever it is better pay this man and snag him a shoe sponsor while they’re at it.
[close]
gifted hater needs to get him on LRAB so someone can give him fucking vegan shoes again (because vans seems incapable of doing that in 2022)

Back when they were first announcing their team I dm’d LRAB like a man does and asked if they were smart enough to put him on and I got a response that said something like “he reached out to us about it” with some emoji I forget and then obviously nothing came of it and they announced like Jesse Alba right after lol

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2022, 10:11:50 AM »
I don know why but i could see him on Blind or Enjoi

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2022, 02:24:04 PM »
Could see him on Thank You and Cariuma

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2022, 02:59:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I imagine he’s just stepping away from pro skating because frankly it seems like he’s capable of doing better things with his life, but it would be sick to see him on a company that’s actually cool.
[close]

He's still continuing to be a pro skater. I think Slap is going to be happy with his new board sponsor when it eventually gets announced/leaked (whichever comes first). Definitely not the brand I would have guessed, but it's a dope fit.
[close]
I don't know why but I'm gonna put my money on limosine. Imagine some krux trucks on a limo deck lol
[close]

I'm not going to be the one that ends up confirming or denying any guesses in here. A group of my friends recently ran into him and the crew skating together and one of them asked to confirm. I'll just say that it's not Darkstar. Sorry Darkstar fans...
[close]
haha "I don't want to say who it is because I don't want to air their laundry but I will say I know who it is."

weird impulse.
[close]

Yeah, I totally agree. My post comes off as teasing “I know something you want to know” but that definitely was not my intention. Out of respect I don’t feel it’s my place to leak his new sponsor before he gets to announce it himself. Definitely would have been better for me not to post anything at all.
I’m glad you posted because i figured he’s retiring so it’s cool to hear that he’s not

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2022, 03:36:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I imagine he’s just stepping away from pro skating because frankly it seems like he’s capable of doing better things with his life, but it would be sick to see him on a company that’s actually cool.
[close]

He's still continuing to be a pro skater. I think Slap is going to be happy with his new board sponsor when it eventually gets announced/leaked (whichever comes first). Definitely not the brand I would have guessed, but it's a dope fit.
[close]

Just gonna speculate: UMA, Pizza, Roger, WKND or back to enjoi.
Hes gotta be going to a spot where he gets similar or better pay from board sales so that eliminates all those brands except Enjoi.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2022, 03:38:50 PM »
I’d love to see him back on Enjoi. The two Ryans are the only reason I keep up with anything related to Welcome. Get Townley on some relevant shit too.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2022, 04:54:53 PM »
I don know why but i could see him on Blind or Enjoi

Why do you hate him?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2022, 06:50:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
alien 2.0 or habitat
[close]

ew. don’t wish that for him, or anyone
[close]

still better than welcome

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 37
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2022, 07:12:12 PM »
Getting cucked by your hero on acid is TIGHT.

Safariferrari

• Rep: 41
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2022, 07:21:14 PM »
Ryan Lay on quasi?
quasi didn't put on nick matthews they sure as hell aint gonna add ryan lay

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2022, 07:22:00 PM »
He could be using the Alex White connection to get on Santa Cruz…

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2022, 08:27:04 PM »
I want him on Thank You so that after Enjoi and Welcome he can continue amassing very politely named board brands

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2022, 09:49:20 PM »
Could see him on 151 and Axion

Also, @Sidewalk Funk. rules

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2022, 12:03:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I don't know why but I'm gonna put my money on limosine. Imagine some krux trucks on a limo deck lol
[close]

I'm not going to be the one that ends up confirming or denying any guesses in here. A group of my friends recently ran into him and the crew skating together and one of them asked to confirm. I'll just say that it's not Darkstar. Sorry Darkstar fans...
[close]

based on what I've seen on insta Im assuming/hoping he's on Sci Fi. Saw clips of him skating one and with jerry, arin and the crew last week.  :D. Would love to see him in some last resort's too.
[close]

Makes sense since hes also been skating with Gifted Hater who apparently is getting boards from Jerry.

Thought GF was getting 8.5 Fulls from Thiebaud? Did that change recently?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2022, 05:00:10 AM »
Maybe Sci-Fi will use this as an opportunity to finally put out a clip after 5 years of being a skate brand.

GAYBUTCANTHEELFLIP

• Rep: 4
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2022, 05:53:30 AM »
Maybe Sci-Fi will use this as an opportunity to finally put out a clip after 5 years of being a skate brand.

Yea to cut Sci fi some slack the first couple years they really were just a clothing brand, but I agree. Id like to see them put out an edit with Jerry, Arin, Max garson, Ryan Lay and lifted tater. Make that shit official  :)

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2022, 06:33:18 AM »
Have a hunch it’s WKND
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2022, 06:35:19 AM »
Have a hunch it’s WKND

Yeah this seems more fitting than anything else

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2022, 07:20:41 AM »
Don’t underestimate him being a sponsorless martyr……..

Nosebleed-section

• Rep: 30
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2022, 08:35:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Much love to the Lay man. He always goes big and boardslide down those spikes was sick. Surprised he stayed on so long after Mango and Jalba left etc. OG Welcome was so dope, Winkowski, Logan Lara, Nolan Johnson, Lukas Miller and everyone killed it
[close]

He joined Welcome right around, maybe slightly after those dudes left.

He joined while they were all still on. I was on what turned into a Welcome trip with my friends who were all eventually shit on by Jason, and he suggested Ryan and Will come meet up with us to film. It felt really weird and unnatural, and like there was two teams even though they were really nice guys. But we all knew things were heading in a weird direction after that. Welcome is dog shit, Ryan is a nice guy I’m glad he’s jumping ship.
just nipples affiliate

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2022, 09:21:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Much love to the Lay man. He always goes big and boardslide down those spikes was sick. Surprised he stayed on so long after Mango and Jalba left etc. OG Welcome was so dope, Winkowski, Logan Lara, Nolan Johnson, Lukas Miller and everyone killed it
[close]

[close]

He joined while they were all still on. I was on what turned into a Welcome trip with my friends who were all eventually shit on by Jason, and he suggested Ryan and Will come meet up with us to film. It felt really weird and unnatural, and like there was two teams even though they were really nice guys. But we all knew things were heading in a weird direction after that. Welcome is dog shit, Ryan is a nice guy I’m glad he’s jumping ship.

Welcome is unlikable. Why would anyone buy a welcome board, when there is scram? Maybe all skate co’s are just vanity projects with very few beneficiaries, and are just better at hiding it? Tkf is very similar to me, also shit.
Aaaaaanyways, pretty tight that Lay is gonna not be on that.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2022, 09:49:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Welcome is unlikable. Why would anyone buy a welcome board, when there is scram? Maybe all skate co’s are just vanity projects with very few beneficiaries, and are just better at hiding it? Tkf is very similar to me, also shit.
Aaaaaanyways, pretty tight that Lay is gonna not be on that.
Wait a sec…
You got some intel?
You know the deal around here: if you see hear something (substantiated, or otherwise,) say something.

EDIT: Also agree that Welcome is unlikable. As a shaped board rider, I tried. I mean, I really fucking tried.
After “le grande purge” I was unable to put any dollar$ into that company.
Jason can go hug himself.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2022, 10:29:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Would be wild to see him on the Atlantic Drift brand. Even wilder since AZ is landlocked.
[close]

Isle?

guess you missed the shier interview where everyone is of isle except him and nick jensen
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2022, 12:02:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea to cut Sci fi some slack the first couple years they really were just a clothing brand, but I agree. Id like to see them put out an edit with Jerry, Arin, Max garson, Ryan Lay and lifted tater. Make that shit official  :)

I don’t think Sci Fi needs to do a damn thing honestly. They’re putting out shit people like and you can’t really fault them for being exactly Jerry’s vision, which probably isn’t aligned with being a modern skate company in the traditional sense.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2022, 12:49:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I don’t think Sci Fi needs to do a damn thing honestly. They’re putting out shit people like and you can’t really fault them for being exactly Jerry’s vision, which probably isn’t aligned with being a modern skate company in the traditional sense.
ok but I really want to see Jerry footage