Author Topic: Ryan Lay of Welcome  (Read 34736 times)

sfa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ryan Lay of Welcome
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2022, 04:27:15 PM »
my guesses are alien/habitat or Toy Machine.

I would love to see him on Alien as I fuck with that brand, but I think he would be really dope on Toy.

also, Polar would be pretty sick.
I need a coffee

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2022, 04:05:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I imagine he’s just stepping away from pro skating because frankly it seems like he’s capable of doing better things with his life, but it would be sick to see him on a company that’s actually cool.
[close]

He's still continuing to be a pro skater. I think Slap is going to be happy with his new board sponsor when it eventually gets announced/leaked (whichever comes first). Definitely not the brand I would have guessed, but it's a dope fit.
[close]
I don't know why but I'm gonna put my money on limosine. Imagine some krux trucks on a limo deck lol
[close]

I'm not going to be the one that ends up confirming or denying any guesses in here. A group of my friends recently ran into him and the crew skating together and one of them asked to confirm. I'll just say that it's not Darkstar. Sorry Darkstar fans...
haha "I don't want to say who it is because I don't want to air their laundry but I will say I know who it is."

weird impulse.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2022, 04:30:49 PM »
Isn’t Ryan also a full-time teacher? I know he does a lot of charity work, too. Seems like a solid dude and I like his style. Hope he ends up somewhere good.

I remember he was the ONLY pro actively calling out all the 1010 bullshit and his dumbass supporters.

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2022, 04:38:47 PM »
Much love to the Lay man. He always goes big and boardslide down those spikes was sick. Surprised he stayed on so long after Mango and Jalba left etc. OG Welcome was so dope, Winkowski, Logan Lara, Nolan Johnson, Lukas Miller and everyone killed it

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2022, 04:43:10 PM »
Frog would work.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2022, 04:50:36 PM »
could unironically see him on Krooked

Not sure if you are trying to be funny since I think he was flow for them early in his career.

Hopefully, Welcome turns Will Blaty pro now that they have an open spot.

Isn’t Ryan also a full-time teacher?

Nope.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2022, 04:56:22 PM »
Really could see him on Maxallure or frog

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2022, 04:59:18 PM »
Would be wild to see him on the Atlantic Drift brand. Even wilder since AZ is landlocked.

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2022, 05:02:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Welcome is still a brand?
[close]

It’s huge here in AZ.
No it isn't.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2022, 05:06:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I imagine he’s just stepping away from pro skating because frankly it seems like he’s capable of doing better things with his life, but it would be sick to see him on a company that’s actually cool.
[close]

He's still continuing to be a pro skater. I think Slap is going to be happy with his new board sponsor when it eventually gets announced/leaked (whichever comes first). Definitely not the brand I would have guessed, but it's a dope fit.
[close]
I don't know why but I'm gonna put my money on limosine. Imagine some krux trucks on a limo deck lol
[close]

I'm not going to be the one that ends up confirming or denying any guesses in here. A group of my friends recently ran into him and the crew skating together and one of them asked to confirm. I'll just say that it's not Darkstar. Sorry Darkstar fans...
[close]
I get you don't want to air his laundry but why not just say nothing at all over letting everyone know you know the answer? weird impulse.
I know why but I’m not going to tell you. It’s NOT because he’s not a bitch, because he is.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2022, 05:18:29 PM »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2022, 05:21:00 PM »
I would love to see Ryan go into in his second swing

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2022, 06:12:42 PM »
Ryan rips. All the best to him. I wonder if Jason is going to uphold his reputation and go around publicly shit talking about him like he has with all his other former riders… Look for all the Lay clips being deleted from YT as well.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2022, 08:15:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s huge here in AZ.
[close]
No it isn't.

i reckon we got ourselves an old fashioned showdown here in the wild west

fried

• Rep: 52
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2022, 08:22:57 PM »
Expand Quote
alien 2.0 or habitat
[close]

ew. don’t wish that for him, or anyone

still better than welcome

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2022, 08:24:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s huge here in AZ.
[close]
No it isn't.
[close]

i reckon we got ourselves an old fashioned showdown here in the wild west

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

thebacker

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2022, 09:00:38 PM »
could see him on krooked

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2022, 09:05:35 PM »
Ryan Lay on quasi?

dilbert1

• Rep: 139
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2022, 09:05:50 PM »
Dude has all the makings of an Uma Landsleds rider, imo.

Not that I pay much attention to him or that brand but I think that’s a rational and convincing speculation

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2022, 09:09:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s huge here in AZ.
[close]
No it isn't.
YES. IT. IS.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2022, 09:19:47 PM »
Much love to the Lay man. He always goes big and boardslide down those spikes was sick. Surprised he stayed on so long after Mango and Jalba left etc. OG Welcome was so dope, Winkowski, Logan Lara, Nolan Johnson, Lukas Miller and everyone killed it

He joined Welcome right around, maybe slightly after those dudes left.

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2022, 10:20:24 PM »
Frog would be sick actually. Uma makes sense. Possibly Foundation, since they're pretty gutted right now.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2022, 10:47:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just gonna speculate: UMA, Pizza, Roger, WKND or back to enjoi.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2022, 11:30:39 PM »
Whoever it is better pay this man and snag him a shoe sponsor while they’re at it.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2022, 01:46:19 AM »
Would be awesome if he went back to enjoi

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2022, 02:24:37 AM »
Last year, when he was posting on Instagram about moving to LA to get more involved in the professional skateboarding industry, I remember thinking that it wasn’t long until he left Welcome. He deserves a lot more attention as a pro than they have ever provided for him, but I guess it’s every Welcome skater’s fate to play second fiddle to Nora.

While we are at it, get Ryan Townley a real board sponsor, too.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

IpathCats

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2022, 04:27:12 AM »
Would be wild to see him on the Atlantic Drift brand. Even wilder since AZ is landlocked.

Isle?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2022, 04:54:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
haha "I don't want to say who it is because I don't want to air their laundry but I will say I know who it is."

weird impulse.
[close]

Yeah, I totally agree. My post comes off as teasing “I know something you want to know” but that definitely was not my intention. Out of respect I don’t feel it’s my place to leak his new sponsor before he gets to announce it himself. Definitely would have been better for me not to post anything at all.

Okay, I'll say it for you. Ryan wants his 1st Skate Mental graphic to be a big surprise. "Groundbreaking" were his exact words. Sorry to be the one to collectively bum SLAP out.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2022, 05:46:19 AM »
Whoever it is better pay this man and snag him a shoe sponsor while they’re at it.
gifted hater needs to get him on LRAB so someone can give him fucking vegan shoes again (because vans seems incapable of doing that in 2022)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GAYBUTCANTHEELFLIP

• Rep: 4
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2022, 05:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

based on what I've seen on insta Im assuming/hoping he's on Sci Fi. Saw clips of him skating one and with jerry, arin and the crew last week.  :D. Would love to see him in some last resort's too.