Author Topic: beagle weegle  (Read 4844 times)

coldbrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
Re: beagle weegle
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2022, 06:34:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He probably makes more money than most of us, has sipped more juice than most of us, skates better than most of us, and has more options than most of us.

What’s  your point here?
[close]

Beagle drives an Uber to make ends meet
[close]

ive always thought this was wack

beagles filming is what makes both baker and shake junt videos special imho. the way he films, the hijinx, all that nonsense.

and yet he still has to work uber to make ends meet

or maybe beagle is just smoking THAT much weed that he needs the extra income lol
[close]

yes, because there's SOOOOO much money in skateboarding lol
[close]

Im sure his Boss (THE BOSS) can afford to pay this dude enough to survive.. not buying that for a second.

there's a VERY small pool of people who make any real amount of money in skateboarding. you using Andrew Reynolds, the dude who OWNS one of the bigger skate brands in the industry, as the example is silly. sure, beagle probably makes decent money but the dude ain't making anywhere close to 6 figures from skateboarding/shake junt. get real.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2022, 07:25:23 AM »
I used to think that guy was actually Josh Beagle.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2022, 07:33:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He probably makes more money than most of us, has sipped more juice than most of us, skates better than most of us, and has more options than most of us.

What’s  your point here?
[close]

[close]

beagles filming is what makes both baker and shake junt videos special imho. the way he films, the hijinx, all that nonsense.

or maybe beagle is just smoking THAT much weed that he needs the extra income lol
[close]

[close]

Im sure his Boss (THE BOSS) can afford to pay this dude enough to survive.. not buying that for a second.
[close]

there's a VERY small pool of people who make any real amount of money in skateboarding. you using Andrew Reynolds, the dude who OWNS one of the bigger skate brands in the industry, as the example is silly. sure, beagle probably makes decent money but the dude ain't making anywhere close to 6 figures from skateboarding/shake junt. get real.

You don't think Beagle's video work plus Shake Junt brings in $100,000?

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2022, 08:29:45 AM »
did not even think it was possible to hate on Beagle. thrasher should just make beagle the new editor.

theotherguy

• Rep: -26
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2022, 08:49:42 AM »
You don't think Beagle's video work plus Shake Junt brings in $100,000?

No, I don't think so. I would imagine that he pulling in no more than $70k pre-tax. That isn't a lot in Los Angeles to live off of.

Captain Creampie

• Rep: -8
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2022, 09:06:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What’s  your point here?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Chill out bell! You talk like i got my head buried up my arse, who you??? Im making a simple point...no one mentioned 6 figures!!!  5 figures in alot of senses is a lot of money and very sustainable for a brand the size of Bakerboys that simple.. theres no malice in what in my comment just a simple fact that Beagle is owed a decent wage for the decades of work and commitment he's put into the umbrella of these brands, i can name many videographers out here in Europe that manage to get by without a side hustle! Don't do 6 figures and get by completely fine. 

Go back to bed you piece 

Captain Creampie

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2022, 09:11:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What’s  your point here?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

watch/listen to his nice club for the truth

Who's got it in them to get through Crob and them lot.. not me, im looking at simple facts. 

Brguy

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2022, 11:12:21 AM »
Roll up the weed and ignite the fire.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What’s  your point here?
[close]

[close]

[close]

On BakerBoys? Yeah I'd assume they would have money to pay Beagle decently. And maybe Beagle it's just doing it for the extra money, he must have a nice amount of time when no one's working for some big video or anything like that.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2022, 12:33:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What’s  your point here?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Chill out bell! You talk like i got my head buried up my arse, who you??? Im making a simple point...no one mentioned 6 figures!!!  5 figures in alot of senses is a lot of money and very sustainable for a brand the size of Bakerboys that simple.. theres no malice in what in my comment just a simple fact that Beagle is owed a decent wage for the decades of work and commitment he's put into the umbrella of these brands, i can name many videographers out here in Europe that manage to get by without a side hustle! Don't do 6 figures and get by completely fine. 

Go back to bed you piece

I don't think filming skateboarding or even owning a "huge" brand like Shake Junt makes beagle 6 figures. I said what I said. If you wanna argue about it or think differently it's on you.Enjoy your day.

Blind Trucks

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2022, 12:01:24 AM »

What’s  your point here?

Blind Trucks

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2022, 12:04:14 AM »
always loved how you can't see both their faces in that photo but both Corey and Beagle's body kits are so distinct you don't need to

Captain Creampie

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2022, 03:54:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What’s  your point here?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Go back to bed you piece
[close]

I don't think filming skateboarding or even owning a "huge" brand like Shake Junt makes beagle 6 figures. I said what I said. If you wanna argue about it or think differently it's on you.Enjoy your day.

It's on you to man, you're talking like you're the oracle and i should hear all you say and have no opinion. Your last comment also makes zero sense in reply to what i implied, regardless... Have a great day too!!

dannyprovolone

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2022, 06:11:53 AM »
Tbh it is some bad optics for them that he has to drive Uber to get by. Would have to assume the team riders are barley getting paid if at all.

Not_Bruce

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2022, 08:56:14 AM »
Tbh it is some bad optics for them that he has to drive Uber to get by. Would have to assume the team riders are barley getting paid if at all.

I have a homie who rides for Chocolate , had a part in Bunny Hop and is making $950.00 a month from crailtap. To top up his income , he works 15-20 hours a week at his dads warehouse. The combination of chocolate+shoe sponsor+warehouse enables him to support himself.He lives with his 2 homies which makes rent less gnarly. Skating is very similar to the art world ,very few get paid most depend on outside income to follow their passions.I think for us skaters it is just so hard to comprehend seeing some of our heroes barley getting by. Growing up in SF , Nate Jones was a legend and his part in Real to Reel was one of my favourites. I work for sales forces in SF and during our Christmas party , Nate Jones was working the bar.
He was such a cool dude , I completely geeked out on him and told him I bought his boards and really appreciated his skating. I remember a coworker being a complete asshole to Nate , and me being very intoxicated getting in his face yelling..."you are being a dick to one of the smoothest skaters to rip the bay" .
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 10:10:34 AM by Not_Bruce »

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2022, 10:16:09 AM »
I, for one, find it very hard to believe that Beagle doesn't make $100,000 annually.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Not_Bruce

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2022, 11:19:13 AM »
I, for one, find it very hard to believe that Beagle doesn't make $100,000 annually.

How did you come to that estimate ? I love Beagle , and if it was up to me I would pay him $500,000 annually. But my modest insight into the skate industry that number seems so out of the reach with the exception of maybe the top 30 pros/company owners. Hopefully I am totally wrong and Beagle is getting paid that well, he represents skateboarding and humanity very well.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2022, 11:46:42 AM »
beagle has the same skate style as the guy at your local park who shows up, skates for 20 minutes doing the tricks he has on lock then leaves

...so basically someone who stops by the skatepark to warm up on their way to skate actual street spots.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2022, 01:13:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How did you come to that estimate ? I love Beagle , and if it was up to me I would pay him $500,000 annually. But my modest insight into the skate industry that number seems so out of the reach with the exception of maybe the top 30 pros/company owners. Hopefully I am totally wrong and Beagle is getting paid that well, he represents skateboarding and humanity very well.

Well, I live in the same city as Beagle and *almost* make $100,000 annually and I still live paycheck to paycheck. And I'm not famous. In any way, shape or form. I'm just a cog in an international corporation. He plays an integral role (practically one of the faces of) multiple multi-million dollar businesses, and has held said role for a very long time.

That's how I came to that estimate.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

asbestos

• Rep: 11
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2022, 04:08:27 PM »
what's really crazy is how he still has no idea how a camera actually works after however long he's been a professional cameraman. that and he overexposes his shots like he's filming for zero circa 2005

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2022, 07:07:28 PM »
Beagle has mad style. I love his skateboarding. He has interesting ideas too.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2022, 08:10:09 PM »
lol i'm sure Beagle has said he did Uber for enjoyment and for the novelty of it. Not to make ends meet.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2022, 08:22:15 PM »
lol i'm sure Beagle has said he did Uber for enjoyment and for the novelty of it. Not to make ends meet.

Dude drives Uber? That’s kinda a bummer. Filmers are always under appreciated from what I’ve heard. Obviously who ever edited these videos is a genius but capturing the action isn’t nothing.

I wonder who edited shrimp blunt because that was a masterpiece.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2022, 08:18:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a homie who rides for Chocolate , had a part in Bunny Hop and is making $950.00 a month from crailtap. To top up his income , he works 15-20 hours a week at his dads warehouse. The combination of chocolate+shoe sponsor+warehouse enables him to support himself.He lives with his 2 homies which makes rent less gnarly. Skating is very similar to the art world ,very few get paid most depend on outside income to follow their passions.I think for us skaters it is just so hard to comprehend seeing some of our heroes barley getting by. Growing up in SF , Nate Jones was a legend and his part in Real to Reel was one of my favourites. I work for sales forces in SF and during our Christmas party , Nate Jones was working the bar.
He was such a cool dude , I completely geeked out on him and told him I bought his boards and really appreciated his skating. I remember a coworker being a complete asshole to Nate , and me being very intoxicated getting in his face yelling..."you are being a dick to one of the smoothest skaters to rip the bay" .

Yeah, my good friend is a professional barista who does trainings in proper coffee pours, and she recently trained a DLX pro. There's no money in board sales.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2022, 08:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well, I live in the same city as Beagle and *almost* make $100,000 annually and I still live paycheck to paycheck. And I'm not famous. In any way, shape or form. I'm just a cog in an international corporation. He plays an integral role (practically one of the faces of) multiple multi-million dollar businesses, and has held said role for a very long time.

That's how I came to that estimate.

Yeah, I think it's worth acknowledging that $100k a year doesn't mean nearly as much as it did even five or six years ago. Wages haven't kept up, and that's another point of contention, but someone living in LA making $100,000 isn't going out and buying a house unless they have a rich aunt who leaves them her oil well or something.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

dannyprovolone

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2022, 08:52:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, my good friend is a professional barista who does trainings in proper coffee pours, and she recently trained a DLX pro. There's no money in board sales.

I mean there’s enough to turn a large warehouse space in la into a private skatepark

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2022, 09:14:04 AM »
You either dig Beagles style or you dont, but I don't think you can question his authenticity.   

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2022, 09:38:52 AM »
I could see him driving uber for the enjoyment. He seems like a real people person and to have the opportunity to interact with random people is part of the fun of being out in the streets whether you're driving people around or filming your friends playing on skateboards.

I think that's why he's always able to point his camera at interesting characters around him innately. It's a gift and not just dumb luck.

Also, he has a great memory of his archive of footage and organized his catalog well.

I've never watched one his videos and gotten bummed out. He's one of my favorite videographers. As a photographer, I prefer the guys who may not have the most technical knowledge or the best camera, but instead, they just have the "eye" that no amount of money or study will give you.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2022, 09:46:09 AM »
Beagle seems like the most likable dude, honestly.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2022, 10:53:16 AM »
I don’t know for sure but I think if you have a problem with Beagle you might have larger issues in your life that are making you angry and unhappy. Dude seems like pure fun.