Author Topic: Cult of the Huffer  (Read 42246 times)

LebowskisRug

Re: Cult of the Huffer
« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2022, 12:51:34 PM »
Got a Cardiel Mescalero Huffer new in box for sale. $50 and we split shipping? Will toss in a sheet of Jessup.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2022, 07:08:17 PM »
lucero gives some love to the snuffer/huffer at the beginning of the newest bobshirt

Another great one …

https://youtu.be/TESrIexmmBQ

Frank and Fred

« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2022, 08:38:36 PM »
I'm convinced the original Snuff must have had a smaller wheelbase than the reissue.

Also, thank God skateboarding has people like Lucero.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2022, 09:15:58 PM »
I'm convinced the original Snuff must have had a smaller wheelbase than the reissue.

Also, thank God skateboarding has people like Lucero.

I am still watching that video (which is so good!!) but John said he skated the original board, but not the later ones as the wheelbase was too short, so maybe the Copenhagen graphic did have a longer wheelbase, maybe not super long, but at least longer than the candy graphic or other boards.

He says that at 14:50 or so.

The only board I recall having from that era was from about 1992, The Firm Lance Mountain board just over 9" with a 14" wb that I still have, only now in two pieces, but the board before that was way longer with double drilled holes.

Almost forgot to say, but it was the closest to the Huffer shape of any board I have ever had, now looking back on it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhIgysaFyL9/

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:26:30 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2022, 12:00:02 PM »
Couldn't take it anymore. Ditched my 8.4 Grimple at the park and set up an old Phawt. It took a few minutes to get used to a big 9"er+ again but then I did one of my most satisfying flatground kick flips in months.

Its going to be really hard for me to stray too far from the Huffer/Snuffer/ Phawt once I used all everything else...

Frank and Fred

« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2022, 09:13:15 PM »
Ivan Florence (John John's brother) with one hell of a backside tail slide on a huffer with big tyres... Yes!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cgmu34rpI6y/

moodpants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #366 on: July 30, 2022, 05:28:00 PM »
I finally decided to jump ship and set up a huffer. After some time skating a Bannerot loveseat, this board has felt like the next best thing for me. Two sessions in and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

Also running some well worn Ace 55s on 1/4" risers and Spitfire 56mm Formula Four Classics.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #367 on: August 01, 2022, 01:07:58 PM »
would the black label “snuffer,” work with af1 55s or would it be too small? anyone got the back truck measurement? really liking the shape just don’t want to buy af1 60s or 151s if i don’t have to!

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #368 on: August 01, 2022, 04:33:01 PM »
would the black label “snuffer,” work with af1 55s or would it be too small? anyone got the back truck measurement? really liking the shape just don’t want to buy af1 60s or 151s if i don’t have to!

I think 8.5" axle trucks work great with the shape, so AF1 55s should be fine. It's a little magic carpety, but it makes the board way more flippable imo. Good for a fun all around street set up.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2022, 07:53:35 PM »

On the Huffer, the width of the deck at the back truck (where the axle sits with Ace AF1s) is 8 3/4". While on the Snuffer it appears to be closer to 8 7/8"(maybe a tad under). Snuffer seems to be the tiniest bit wider than the Huffer overall

I think you could get away with any 8.5" to 9" axle trucks but I'd personally go with Af1 60s/ 66s or Classic 55s.

But the more @BartHarleyJarvis posts about using 8.5" trucks the more likely I am to try one day.

All to say, ride what you got and report back.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2022, 09:06:17 PM »
Just realized the Huffer is exactly a shaka wide. (Thank you  Lucero)

Good God, it just keeps giving and giving.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2022, 09:08:29 PM »

Just measured the one at my local.

The wheelbase is 14.75"

Over the front bolt holes where the axle would be is 8.75"

Over the back bolt holes where the axle would be is 8.875"

con_hielo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #372 on: August 04, 2022, 01:35:20 PM »
I've skated 8.5" for 7 years until I realised how much I loved my Creature 9.75" Allen Losi cruiser with a 15" wheelbase and couldn't get off it even when fall season was over... I felt so comfortable with that setup that I tried the 9'' AntiHero eagle and since then, my bag of tricks has grown non-stop. On my third Huffer now and I even set one as a cruiser because I can get enough of that shape. Being a tall guy, I feel it gave me the balance for transition and stability for flatground I couldn't get from riding small boards. Huffer 4 Life!

P.S. We should design some stickers for the club/cult of the Huffers, just throwing that as an idea!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 10:44:54 PM by con_hielo »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #373 on: August 04, 2022, 02:04:52 PM »
@con_hielo i had the same thought about stickers. I got a place I use to print stickers.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #374 on: August 04, 2022, 05:43:07 PM »
@con_hielo i had the same thought about stickers. I got a place I use to print stickers.

I’d buy some

Frank and Fred

« Reply #375 on: August 05, 2022, 09:17:02 AM »
If any of you are arty graphic designer types, please  come up with some sticker ideas. I am certainly not but here is my first stab at an idea.
I'd think 5" x3" would be as big as we want them to be.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #376 on: August 05, 2022, 09:34:57 AM »
If any of you are arty graphic designer types, please  come up with some sticker ideas. I am certainly not but here is my first stab at an idea.
I'd think 5" x3" would be as big as we want them to be.

[/quote

Yeah we need a stupid name or slogan. “I don’t huff riders, I ride huffers” fuck idk

Frank and Fred

« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2022, 09:37:30 AM »
A slogan is a good call.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2022, 10:25:42 AM »
threw this together to shake off some photoshop dust, if y'all like it and want a slogan or w/e that can happen. i could also probably spend more time on that stroke, but everyone gets the idea lol

Frank and Fred

« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2022, 10:32:03 AM »
Hahha. That's rad. Some thoughts.

Need to come up with something for the blue section up the top. Possibly a little nod to Lucero with "A Shaka's width wide?" Or maybe a Cardiel quote....?

"Unsafe. Toxic Skateboard." on the warning label?

Change the AP to AH?

And maybe the fluid Oz measurements should be 9.18?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #380 on: August 05, 2022, 10:55:38 AM »
Soooooo dope! I like Frank and Fred's suggestions

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: August 05, 2022, 11:05:25 AM »

Need to come up with something for the blue section up the top. Possibly a little nod to Lucero with "A Shaka's width wide?" Or maybe a Cardiel quote....?

Change the AP to AH?

got most of these done, ap to ah, fl oz, unsafe, etc i'll hold off on posting another pic just incase anyone has any other ideas to throw around, don't wanna spam it too much
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 11:40:24 AM by iw0 »

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #382 on: August 05, 2022, 11:11:15 AM »

Pls Deer Man don't hit me with the cease & desist.

The glue bottle is a great idea as well! I still got the last of my 3 curbageddon Huffers on ice that I wanted to save until another Huffer with a graphic I like drops, but this thread got me yearning to set it up and ride one again.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Frank and Fred

« Reply #383 on: August 05, 2022, 11:24:51 AM »
Oh shit this is getting good. Keep up the work both!

HU.KU  ;D

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #384 on: August 05, 2022, 11:50:38 AM »
Expand Quote

Change the AP to AH?

[close]

got most of these done, ap to ah, fl oz, unsafe, etc i'll hold off on posting another pic just incase anyone has any other ideas to throw around, don't wanna spam it too much

Not a cult member so feel free to disregard this but you could also change the 271mL to 233mm(metric width of Huffer)

con_hielo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2022, 05:53:06 PM »
threw this together to shake off some photoshop dust, if y'all like it and want a slogan or w/e that can happen. i could also probably spend more time on that stroke, but everyone gets the idea lol

Really like this one!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:23:15 AM by con_hielo »

bombsaway86

• Rep: 152
« Reply #386 on: August 06, 2022, 10:06:13 PM »
I’m feeling the glue bottle and the baku designs

pops

• Rep: 218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #387 on: August 09, 2022, 10:56:00 PM »
Had a two hour curb sesh yesterday and decided to go with my Huffer setup. I swapped classics for af1 66s to see how they work together, wasn't really feeling it. Put classic 55s back on it but was too tired to skate more that day. I'm going to stick with the classics for now since they're lighter and shrink the wb just a bit more. It seems my af1 baseplates are slightly warped or I'm just imagining but I can definitely rock them sideways on flat table. Anyone got Huffer working well with af1s?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 02:59:39 AM by pops »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #388 on: August 10, 2022, 10:13:32 AM »
I agree with you. @pops I do like my AF1 60s on the Huffer but that's mostly bc of width. In all honesty if there was a Classic 60 I'd go with that. No doubt AF1s are more durable but Classics just feel better.

Also... lots of Huffer footie in this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PkOie8p47U

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #389 on: August 10, 2022, 10:45:11 AM »
Had a two hour curb sesh yesterday and decided to go with my Huffer setup. I swapped classics for af1 66s to see how they work together, wasn't really feeling it. Put classic 55s back on it but was too tired to skate more that day. I'm going to stick with the classics for now since they're lighter and shrink the wb just a bit more. It seems my af1 baseplates are slightly warped or I'm just imagining but I can definitely rock them sideways on flat table. Anyone got Huffer working well with af1s?

I tried the AF1 66s as well and the 9” axle is too wide for huffer in my opinion. I think 8.75” is probably the sweet spot but I’ve been running mine with Indy 149s (8.5”) since and it’s been really great