Author Topic: Slappies  (Read 4704 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
Re: Slappies
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2022, 03:33:51 PM »
From one of the many other slappy threads

Reposting this here for reference

CUCKTARD’S ALL-INCLUSIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FRONTSIDE AND BACKSIDE SLAPPIES

Take photos now, or copy-paste somewhere on your phone for reference when your at your preferred slutty and slick curb.

1- HANG YOUR FEET OFF.
You are going to turn hard and help those wheels up onto the curb, so if you are going backside, hang your toes off more than usual. If your going frontside, hang your heels off.
Also, for beginners, have your front foot over the front bolts, right up against the curve of the nose.
The back foot is on wherever, but maybe not on the end of the tail. You’re not going to lift the nose.

2- GO STRAIGHT AT THE CURB (or almost straight)
This is just for the beginners. After you get the hang of it and your confidence increases, you can go at a lower angle. But going head-on into the curb will help you get onto it, so have your bodily mass heading into it.

3- CARVE
About a meter/yard before you hit, carve hard into the direction you wanna get on. Your board should be between 70-45 degrees to the curb at time of impact. Your body weight should be well inside the turn, and you should be cranking down hard on those toes or heels.

3- DON’T SLAM THE BOARD
This is the most important point. And one that people make the most mistakes with. Slappies are actually kinda delicate, and a pretty smooth feeling trick once you understand this point.
As your front wheels hit the curb, you have to lighten your front foot, like when you nollie bump a crack in the pavement. You let the board bump up onto the curb, and then do the same with your back foot, as you push it into place. It’s a very quick and subtle unweighting of front foot-back foot.
You never straight-leg slam the board into the curb.

****if you don’t twist enough into the turn, your back wheels won’t bump up. You have to twist your body so that your shoulders and hips are in line with the curb. This is usually easier frontside (probably because fs grinds on as a mini are like this, but with bs you can stay open to the coping). On a slappy, you gotta fully turn your whole body so that the back wheel gets on****

4- GET IN THE BACKSEAT
With your front foot so far forward, you may find yourself weighting the front truck so much that it catches on the grind.
As you get that back truck on, scoot the whole board forward underneath you, get your weight back of center, and grind

5-ENJOY THE RIDE, DISMOUNT IN YOUR PREFERRED STYLE, AND UTTER “PRAISE BE TO LUCERO”
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2022, 11:41:38 AM »
Anyone have any specific pointers for slappy feebles on parking blocks (backside)?  I can do other slappies and these look so simple and effortless compared to even slappy 5050s but I can’t wrap my head around where to begin with them.  Obviously the front truck is being placed over the block as you get to it but are you putting pressure on your front foot at that point to assist the back truck in popping up to lock into the feeble? It also seems like you need to be moving at a decent speed to make these  work. 

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2022, 01:00:21 PM »
Anyone have any specific pointers for slappy feebles on parking blocks (backside)?  I can do other slappies and these look so simple and effortless compared to even slappy 5050s but I can’t wrap my head around where to begin with them.  Obviously the front truck is being placed over the block as you get to it but are you putting pressure on your front foot at that point to assist the back truck in popping up to lock into the feeble? It also seems like you need to be moving at a decent speed to make these  work.

You definitely need some speed but don't need to be flying. Biggest two points: lean on your back foot, and center your weight and balance on that back foot because it's doing all thee work. The front foot's job is just to stop the board from rotating further frontside.
For Your Health

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2022, 02:55:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You definitely need some speed but don't need to be flying. Biggest two points: lean on your back foot, and center your weight and balance on that back foot because it's doing all thee work. The front foot's job is just to stop the board from rotating further frontside.

Word thanks.  Too many hunks out there doing slappy feebles Dr.

streetmeat

• Rep: 172
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2022, 04:37:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Word thanks.  Too many hunks out there doing slappy feebles Dr.

to add to this. what helped me was (cringe alert) watching Dan Corigan do them. dude has them on lock and mimicking his body position helped me get it down really fast. after it clicked for me i couldnt believe it took me so long cause it really is the easiest slappy. 

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2022, 11:32:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I would first learn how to do slappies then figure out what I needed to do them better

You can do slappies on any setup
[close]
This.
Oh, slappies are high impact btw. You’ll find this out once you slam on a few.
AMEN. You will get pitched when things don’t go right.

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2022, 06:29:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I would first learn how to do slappies then figure out what I needed to do them better

You can do slappies on any setup
[close]
This.
Oh, slappies are high impact btw. You’ll find this out once you slam on a few.
[close]
AMEN. You will get pitched when things don’t go right.

This. I took one of my worst slams the other day doing a slappy noseslide on a curb.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2022, 11:06:03 AM »
Are slappies on really tall, completely vertical curbs the same as any other slappy? Or is there some slight lifting of the front truck involved? I don't get how you can straight smash into those and get up on the curb.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2022, 11:56:31 AM »
All I can speak for are the ones I’ve skated(6”-8”) that are either vert or over vert, but nope. No lift. They’re the same as any other.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2022, 12:07:08 PM »
Are slappies on really tall, completely vertical curbs the same as any other slappy? Or is there some slight lifting of the front truck involved? I don't get how you can straight smash into those and get up on the curb.

It’s basically a wall ride, or a carve on a super steep bank at that point. Feet in the pockets, lean back, unweight and smash baby.