Author Topic: NFG Bushings  (Read 4162 times)

TheLowerBack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
NFG Bushings
« on: April 15, 2022, 09:16:30 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CcBkK2-PiPM/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Not sure if this has been brought up.
Looks like NFG is branching out into the bushing game. I’m a big fan of Loopholes and I’m hoping the quality matches.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: NFG Bushings
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 09:31:10 AM »

Looks like NFG is branching out into the bushing game. I’m a big fan of Loopholes and I’m hoping the quality matches.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg3772062#msg3772062

I'll bite for sure if they have some options (come on thunder aftermarkets....and based on the photo, the conicals look pretty close).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 10:33:30 AM by Xen »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 09:31:42 AM »
The urethane wizard looks terrifying. I wouldn't sit on his lap for any bushing.

IpathCats

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 09:37:13 AM »
I would love to try some out, especially if they make specific sizes to match different truck companies stock sizes. Does anyone know if this is the case? And if not does anyone know what sizes/duros these will come in?

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 09:45:26 AM »
I would love to try some out, especially if they make specific sizes to match different truck companies stock sizes. Does anyone know if this is the case? And if not does anyone know what sizes/duros these will come in?
Only thing They’ve said  in the comments is that they will fit Ace and that they’re starting with 95a. Not sure if that’s for bushings or pivots.

logjammin

• Rep: 326
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 09:49:54 AM »
The urethane wizard looks terrifying. I wouldn't sit on his lap for any bushing.

LOL

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 09:50:05 AM »
I said this in the original thread, but the Venn diagram of "People who buy Loophole/NFG wheels" and "people who use aftermarket bushing and pivots cups" is a circle. Smart plan
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

IpathCats

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 09:56:32 AM »
I said this in the original thread, but the Venn diagram of "People who buy Loophole/NFG wheels" and "people who use aftermarket bushing and pivots cups" is a circle. Smart plan

lmfao, too accurate. there is a strong overlap with pretty much anyone with truck madness in there as well.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 01:45:42 PM »

No one who works in a warehouse full of industrial chemicals for an extended period ever comes out “normal” on the other side. I mean that in a good way.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 08:27:55 PM by intendedreceivers »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 05:56:11 PM »

Full of air bubbles, often different sizes, and work for shit until broken in?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 10:24:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm skating a test set right now, there are no bubbles, the sizing is consistent and they turn great immediately after installation

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 11:52:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm skating a test set right now, there are no bubbles, the sizing is consistent and they turn great immediately after installation

the wait is killing (the bushing demanding infant inside of) me

Expand Quote

[close]

nice one, had a good laugh

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 12:59:14 PM »

My first thoughts! lol Maybe they'll better. I kinda want to see the air bubbles tho.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 04:34:41 PM »
No air bubbles.  :-*

Cups are a bit rough around the top edge as most cups are.

Urethane is opaque, cups too.

Cups fit thunder plates like a charm flush at the top, spin a bit

14mm Bottom seems the way to go for thunders (I've ridden the blues in the pic twice). Top is a low conical/8mm.

Took a while to get here (sent standard post).

image upload

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:52:44 PM by Xen »

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 09:05:05 PM »

14mm Bottom seems the way to go for thunders (I've ridden the blues in the pic twice). Top is a low conical/8mm.

image upload

How do they feel so far? I’ve been curious too still messing with my af1 lows
yes

LebowskisRug

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2022, 09:34:33 PM »
Wait hold on, colors may vary? So you can order tops and bottoms and they won't necessarily match? That's absolutely ridiculous if so.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2022, 10:15:18 PM »
Yeah, the site doesn’t let you know the colors (or I didn’t see where it did).

But we don’t get a choice for set duros with other brands….and I chose to mix and match just like I’ve done with Indy bushings, the last being orange bottoms, yellow tops.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2022, 10:18:29 PM »
Expand Quote

image upload

[close]

How do they feel so far? I’ve been curious too still messing with my af1 lows

Just got them today, late afternoon and no time to skate today.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2022, 10:33:25 PM »
Super stoked on these. Best wheels out right now and I'm really digging the feel of these in my old thunders. They feel a little soft but that might just be me still adjusting to skating in temperatures above freezing.

Lashes2ashes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2022, 01:22:47 AM »
Super stoked on these. Best wheels out right now and I'm really digging the feel of these in my old thunders. They feel a little soft but that might just be me still adjusting to skating in temperatures above freezing.
nope not just you, according to the website there harder than stock Indy bushings, but they feel way softer to me! So I don’t think it’s the temperature.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2022, 02:05:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
nope not just you, according to the website there harder than stock Indy bushings, but they feel way softer to me! So I don’t think it’s the temperature.

Yeah I skate 92-95 a lot (blue in the indy system) and they're definitely softer feeling, but not in a bad way. No wheelbite or wobble, it just feels like I'm able to get into my turns super easy. Like I just put the slightest pressure on my heel or toe and it dips. Kinda like having ace bushings but they still turn tight like thunders. I haven't really tried a proper session yet though, just rolling around the neighbourhood. So far I dig them more than venom or riptide. Gonna have to try the pivot cups.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2022, 07:13:23 AM »
@Lashes2ashes @Buttfart Rapedick

Do your colors match? did you dual or match duros? What sizes? Curious if size and or duro plays a roll (assuming duro does).

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2022, 07:29:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yeah I skate 92-95 a lot (blue in the indy system) and they're definitely softer feeling, but not in a bad way. No wheelbite or wobble, it just feels like I'm able to get into my turns super easy. Like I just put the slightest pressure on my heel or toe and it dips. Kinda like having ace bushings but they still turn tight like thunders. I haven't really tried a proper session yet though, just rolling around the neighbourhood. So far I dig them more than venom or riptide. Gonna have to try the pivot cups.

same (in ventures), super stable dip into very deep turns with kp nut flush. stable on center & no twitch. love em

oh and

Do your colors match? did you dual or match duros? What sizes? Curious if size and or duro plays a roll (assuming duro does).

haha, no they do not. 95 top & 95 bottom, came same colors as yours, but reversed & mine was a barrel bottom not a cone. not a dealbreaker for me though

LebowskisRug

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2022, 07:33:26 AM »

But we don’t get a choice for set duros with other brands….and I chose to mix and match just like I’ve done with Indy bushings, the last being orange bottoms, yellow tops.

I think Riptide can do matching not sure. I get duros not matching but not even knowing seems a little weird. For some reason I thought they'd all be white/natural.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2022, 08:43:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think Riptide can do matching not sure. I get duros not matching but not even knowing seems a little weird. For some reason I thought they'd all be white/natural.

Based on the photos on insta (and this forum) I assumed I'd be getting red bottoms since that's how they were shown, but yeah, kinda thought they'd have matching colors (especially if buying matching duros) but I couldn't care less about them matching. Maybe as they grow that side of the biz. Thankfully I didn't get any of those potato yellow ones. fuck that.

Riptides do match when you buy a set, but would be mixed if you dual duro (buying two sets). Same for Venom (or any brand); they also cost more and are more established as a bushing business.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 08:53:44 AM by Xen »

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2022, 09:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This guy again, we get it. Go buy some spitfires, and mind ya business 
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

IpathCats

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2022, 09:46:22 AM »
Random colors is kinda lame, yet kinda tight..... hmmmm idk how to feel. Think i would prefer all white or undyed.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2022, 10:33:15 AM »
Random colors is kinda lame, yet kinda tight..... hmmmm idk how to feel. Think i would prefer all white or undyed.

[True] white wheels and white bushings would be my preference (and natural stain + raw trucks), but whatever.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2022, 10:36:04 AM »

Mine are white, but they were a test set. I think the pivot cups are pink.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2022, 11:02:59 AM »

Not matching, 95a mid+ conical both sides. I'm hoping they were just kind of experimenting with colors after they dialed in the formula and once the stock is gone they'll have set colors.