Author Topic: When is the CPH Open 2022?  (Read 9681 times)

Voodoo777

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
When is the CPH Open 2022?
« on: April 15, 2022, 06:58:17 PM »
Someone who can tell when the CPH Open dates are because I can't miss it

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -20
Re: When is the CPH Open 2022?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »
Someone who can tell when the CPH Open dates are because I can't miss it
I think its middle of june can someone confirm?

IpathCats

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 12:02:38 PM »
Do they intentionally not announce the dates publicly? My lady and I have been wanting to go, but are unable to plan for this reason.

gyros4heroes

• Rep: -20
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 05:16:51 PM »
Do they intentionally not announce the dates publicly? My lady and I have been wanting to go, but are unable to plan for this reason.
I dont know why they are not getting shares but it seems like a theme with the contest. I dont know if i should share the dates publicly but i will pm you

IpathCats

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 05:07:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I dont know why they are not getting shares but it seems like a theme with the contest. I dont know if i should share the dates publicly but i will pm you

thanks man

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 05:41:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wouldnt mind a PM as Well  :)

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2022, 05:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I wouldnt mind a PM as Well  :)

I'm in the same boat, I wana organize a trip from the UK so we can meet up with some of our friends from the netherlands over there but got hardly any info. so anything you can share would be great!
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 06:07:12 AM »
Guess No body watched the last gas giants vid then 👀

Drucksache

• Rep: -6
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 06:36:05 AM »
Does someone now if vladimir film festival will be held this year?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2022, 07:21:52 AM »
i work two jobs

IpathCats

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2022, 07:28:29 AM »

TF is that?

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2022, 07:32:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

TF is that?

ish cepeda's new company.
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

moneen

• Rep: -39
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2022, 07:34:58 AM »
literally the reason why they dont tell you is because they dont want you to come

InkkeACAB

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2022, 08:19:26 AM »
literally the reason why they dont tell you is because they dont want you to come

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 08:28:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As a southamerican who travelled directly to cph open Berlin in 2018 I felt betrayed when they did the contest, unannounced, in Copenhague the weekend before. Then in Berlin everything was so sporadic and weird that I felt like shit. Even when Berlin it’s amazing it felt too big to do this kind of contest over there.
Best thing overall I got to meet appleyard and thank him for all this years of inspiration.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2022, 08:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

As a southamerican who travelled directly to cph open Berlin in 2018 I felt betrayed when they did the contest, unannounced, in Copenhague the weekend before. Then in Berlin everything was so sporadic and weird that I felt like shit. Even when Berlin it’s amazing it felt too big to do this kind of contest over there.
Best thing overall I got to meet appleyard and thank him for all this years of inspiration.

i was there too and had a great time, they were putting all the locations on ig stories and i went to pretty much every event except that huge handrail session
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

InkkeACAB

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2022, 08:56:49 AM »
they don't announce because its such a road block, the general population are generally not into it - imagine thousands of screaming drunk skaters coming to your city causing mayhem in the streets for a couple of days when you don't care about skateboarding and you just tryna get to work n shit, the authorities tried to shut it down couple years ago because it got so hectic, so yeah its on the hush

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2022, 09:45:56 AM »

IpathCats

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2022, 12:16:47 PM »

obviously.... doesn't mean people don't want to go though.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2022, 01:25:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

TF is that?
[close]

ish cepeda's new company.

Just watched it and one guy in it says copenhagen june 15th.

But my question is what is gas giants? Seems to sell hoodies, but none of the guys in the video actually wear anything related. I definitely like seeing top pros skating casually in parks and all that though

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 06:15:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

See how much fun we have cause we didn't invite you

I still dont get this shit

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 36
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 07:01:13 AM »
They purposely don't make the dates public to cut down on spectators. This is per the request of the Danish government that directly funds the skatepark and approves the permits to shut down the streets and spots to make the skating happen. It just got too hectic for the civilians for the govt. to keep supporting it so this was the compromise and it seems to be working because the contest is still going. It's nothing personal and not an attempt to cool guy the skate world, it is just what had to be done to keep the contest going.

IpathCats

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2022, 07:04:12 AM »
They purposely don't make the dates public to cut down on spectators. This is per the request of the Danish government that directly funds the skatepark and approves the permits to shut down the streets and spots to make the skating happen. It just got too hectic for the civilians for the govt. to keep supporting it so this was the compromise and it seems to be working because the contest is still going. It's nothing personal and not an attempt to cool guy the skate world, it is just what had to be done to keep the contest going.

Makes sense, but still a bummer if you have the means to take a trip like this, but just don't have any insider connections. My lady and I really want to go.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2022, 01:32:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Makes sense, but still a bummer if you have the means to take a trip like this, but just don't have any insider connections. My lady and I really want to go.

I went to the berlin version back in 2018,  flew directly from CHILE on a sunday, of course bought the tickets months before, just to find out 2 days before the flight that they were also doing the contest in CPH but never announced it, so I miss it... thanks dudes

Berlin version was good but never got the chance to see the real deal

work_lurker

• Rep: 56
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2022, 02:01:18 PM »
Any time during Summer is a good time to visit CPH. Fuck a contest, it's just the best place on Earth regardless. And you can still skate fælledparken and get drunk with less people in the way. Go to Christiania and enjoy the ramp and "Green Light" district, and then maybe have a guy who was stabbed in the back with an axe try to sell you some Ketamine.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2022, 07:47:21 AM »
Def happening now from some of the posts I’ve seen from Dustin Dollen and others, like that long ass board slide with a kick flip in the middle of it someone just did while surrounded by thousands of people.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

disclosed

• Rep: 166
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2022, 07:54:01 AM »
Def happening now from some of the posts I’ve seen from Dustin Dollen and others, like that long ass board slide with a kick flip in the middle of it someone just did while surrounded by thousands of people.

i wonder whats gonna happen to that curb. it was put there for the contest. somehow think if they keep it there a 100 old people gonne break their neck over it.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2022, 09:51:35 AM »
Yeah, definitely happening now. There were a lot of local heads (non-contest sponsored and pros mainly) planning for the past few months to head out there from here (Japan, at least from the Kanto/Tokyo area), they all left the end of last week/beginning of this week and have been posting on IG.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65251
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2022, 01:47:25 PM »
You just have to drop those CPH heads some DM's or e-mail them, tell them you're coming out with a whole crew, do a doc for Netflix or Prime, make some shit up, or pretend to be some pretentious (non-skate photographer) and they will "hush hush" the dates.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2022, 02:23:34 PM »
You just have to drop those CPH heads some DM's or e-mail them, tell them you're coming out with a whole crew, do a doc for Netflix or Prime, make some shit up, or pretend to be some pretentious (non-skate photographer) and they will "hush hush" the dates.

Everyone in Europe knows the dates before.

Was gonna be the weekend of Sonar all year