Author Topic: When is the CPH Open 2022?  (Read 9665 times)

slothrop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Re: When is the CPH Open 2022?
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2022, 02:51:37 PM »
Def happening now from some of the posts I’ve seen from Dustin Dollen and others, like that long ass board slide with a kick flip in the middle of it someone just did while surrounded by thousands of people.

LOUUUUUUU  ie  lopez

So before he woke up, I shaved off my eyebrows, too. That way, whenever he woke up the next day, he’d probably say something like, “Hey, you don’t have any eyebrows!”
“Neither do you.”
That w

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2022, 03:14:24 PM »
they don't announce because its such a road block, the general population are generally not into it - imagine thousands of screaming drunk skaters coming to your city causing mayhem in the streets for a couple of days when you don't care about skateboarding and you just tryna get to work n shit, the authorities tried to shut it down couple years ago because it got so hectic, so yeah its on the hush

As someone who's living in the city that's generally not the vibe I hear (nor an official argument I have ever heard). People love it, but as far as I know, the people doing cph pro wants it to be more for the actual skaters, rather than a distortion 2.0

for people not knowing what distortion is, then its a festival that shuts down a different burrough each day

EDIT: by the way - I'm sitting bitter at the other end of the country right now, as my apartment needs to get its bathroom fixed due to black mold

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2022, 01:25:48 AM »
Expand Quote
they don't announce because its such a road block, the general population are generally not into it - imagine thousands of screaming drunk skaters coming to your city causing mayhem in the streets for a couple of days when you don't care about skateboarding and you just tryna get to work n shit, the authorities tried to shut it down couple years ago because it got so hectic, so yeah its on the hush
[close]

As someone who's living in the city that's generally not the vibe I hear (nor an official argument I have ever heard). People love it, but as far as I know, the people doing cph pro wants it to be more for the actual skaters, rather than a distortion 2.0

for people not knowing what distortion is, then its a festival that shuts down a different burrough each day

EDIT: by the way - I'm sitting bitter at the other end of the country right now, as my apartment needs to get its bathroom fixed due to black mold

You need to be down with Nike SB to join the party. The owner of our local Nike SB endorsed shop has been posting stories from CPH pro since the opening day. And he doesn’t even skate…

I don‘t really mind in this case. I am too old to enjoy a party like that anyways.

meadowsoprano

• Rep: -4
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2022, 07:28:41 AM »
when does it start? i’ve not seen anything about it

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2022, 09:30:20 AM »
trouble in paradise?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1102
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2022, 09:58:40 AM »
nikes pissed

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2022, 10:00:33 AM »
trouble in paradise?

that response feels so absurdly over dramatic.

"name on whose list in a free society like Skateboarding?" legit, what does that even mean? are they mad that there is a guest list?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2022, 12:29:21 PM »
Lame. While part of me can comprehend the safety/crowd aspect.. this is some lame ass high school/skate shop clique status shit and its corny

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2022, 01:14:41 PM »
Lame. While part of me can comprehend the safety/crowd aspect.. this is some lame ass high school/skate shop clique status shit and its corny

Yes. That‘s what it is. It‘s a big marketing show essentially.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 59
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2022, 01:54:06 PM »

The organizers have very bad judgement and this will backfire on the event. It's a shame they did this because in general as a person from Copenhagen, I am normally proud of this event, but this is not the way it should be. I will say one thing though and I understand why they have kept it a bit of a secret in recent years, since there has been episodes of skaters taking it to far with smashing windows on private peoples houses and cars etc. while partying and there has been to many people there then the event has been able to handle. But closing the main event for general skate public is just wack and they should have found a bigger venue for the Saturday event. I could care less since I was out yesterday and today I have my kid, so I couldn't go anyway. I was there during Fælledparken earlier today though.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2022, 01:55:15 PM »
The BoardR guys hosting the contest, are also the agents of the majority of the top riders

https://excelforward.com/clients

It is marketing

cky enthusiast

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2022, 02:12:45 PM »
all of skateboard media is marketing br0

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2022, 02:18:10 PM »
The DGC is amazing and welcoming to all.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2022, 03:13:20 PM »

Yes, but do you really want Nike SB and StockX to be the gate keepers?

„“A COLLABORATION WITH CPH OPEN GOES BEYOND JUST ADDING A LOGO TO THE LINEUP. WE WORK CLOSELY WITH OUR PARTNERS AND DEVELOP TAILOR MADE COLLABORATIONS IN ORDER TO CREATE MAXIMUM VALUE.“

https://www.cphopen.com/sponsors

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2022, 03:46:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, but do you really want Nike SB and StockX to be the gate keepers?

„“A COLLABORATION WITH CPH OPEN GOES BEYOND JUST ADDING A LOGO TO THE LINEUP. WE WORK CLOSELY WITH OUR PARTNERS AND DEVELOP TAILOR MADE COLLABORATIONS IN ORDER TO CREATE MAXIMUM VALUE.“

https://www.cphopen.com/sponsors
if they send me a box

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2022, 04:14:47 PM »
CPH Open = MetGala. Influencers only.
#weliveinasociety

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2022, 06:52:34 PM »
Doesn’t sound very open to me  :P
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

dakotalofton

• Rep: -21
  • Nothing I say you will like
    • YOUTUBE avatar image
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2022, 07:59:29 PM »
CPH Open is cool and all but what the hell is going on with the Dime Glory Challenge?
****IF YOU DON'T FUCK WITH BRONZE56K YOU WHACK AS FUCK****

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2022, 08:02:51 PM »
CPH Open is cool and all but what the hell is going on with the Dime Glory Challenge?

Seriously, I want to go back.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -480
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2022, 05:03:24 AM »
That’s gatekeeping skateboarding, it’s a good thing  ;D
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Fraserjamesjollyjamieson

• Rep: -17
  • Brown 2
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2022, 05:14:39 AM »
My friend was at the skatepark for the main event on Saturday and there was no food available for non skaters, because of that they left to get food n came back and wernt aloud in even tho they were told they would be when they were leaving pretty wack

TJALOL

• Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2022, 06:06:09 AM »
CPH open was good 10 years ago when it was just at the park and no posers knew of it.
Now it sucks ass.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2022, 10:37:22 AM »
Found this yesterday and skimmed through it a bit. Some Brasilians who went to CPH live streamed a couple events at the skatepark

https://youtu.be/okFMfwqnKtg

the page has a bunch of other videos of this year's CPH Open too

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2022, 01:22:29 PM »
They definitely handled it a bit weird with people finding out its invitation only as they were already at the door. Thought it went pretty smooth previous years, so dont really know what the problem was. Still it was a good time and cool bumping into pros randomly all the time

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
  • Get bent
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2022, 02:37:22 PM »
Better question is when is it over?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2022, 06:03:57 PM »
I would have loved to attend years ago,  before all the street league skaters

https://youtu.be/ZksWvM4c978

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2022, 09:23:30 AM »
The BoardR guys hosting the contest, are also the agents of the majority of the top riders

https://excelforward.com/clients

It is marketing

Funny how Fred Gall is a former client.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

KDP

• Rep: 11
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2022, 06:28:57 AM »
Very banging event although a lot of people there found it pretty weird that the Stock X thing was so closed off. Almost like a demo by their crew, and so the exclusivity got a solid bit of hate from the crowd.
Then again, branding was minimal previously and this year, that SB logo was all over most spots which is new. Everyone knows they are a sponsor but at least it was a bit more respectable of being a DIY event in that no one had logos all over it.

Where were the Indy logos? ha ha.

I think people were far more understanding of the indoor park situation having limits to numbers (and the lines have been around the block to get in for the previous few years which everyone hated), so I think they just were doing what they could to update people and not waste their time travelling or waiting for something which likely wouldn't happen for them.
But then I don't get why they imposed the after party limit once it finished and was taken outside. Maybe they just need a new best trick/party venue?

Amazing event, though. Lotta fun.

Also, Tim O Conner needs to stop referring to people he doesn't know as "random euro" and dissing them. Half those random Euros are way more interesting than his career ever was. And pro for brands from his country. Dude needs to keep up and hype up and nothing more, if the job he wants is to MC.

decaf

• Rep: -20
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2022, 01:49:08 AM »
I was there last week, and lemme tell you.......Porpe from the Boardr was the captain of the fun police.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2022, 04:02:29 AM »
the boardr are absolutely the worst thing in skating
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...