Author Topic: Moving to San Diego  (Read 657 times)

LebowskisRug

Moving to San Diego
« on: April 21, 2022, 10:29:40 AM »
Hey Pals,

I am moving to the Bay View/Clairemont area and looking for spots a reasonable drive from home. I know Linda Vista is close but I’m not super into parks. Generally enjoy ledges, manual pads, curbs, that kinda thing.

MR102889

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Re: Moving to San Diego
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 11:52:11 AM »
Hey Pals,

I am moving to the Bay View/Clairemont area and looking for spots a reasonable drive from home. I know Linda Vista is close but I’m not super into parks. Generally enjoy ledges, manual pads, curbs, that kinda thing.

Private message me!

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1436
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 01:46:58 PM »
Hey Pals,

If you're ever up in North County hit me up. Tons of spots a little further north

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 09:56:19 PM »
I used to skate the curbs at the Clairmont DMV on Sunday's but that was 12 years ago. There are a ton of new manny spots getting built around town with all the roundabouts and bike lanes that they are making. So many nooks and cranny spots for ledges, benches and curbs all along Mission Valley. Fashion Valley mall is historic and a quick bust but never a hassle

JV's Taco shop for the quintessential San Diego Mexican food experience, my brother says Nico's

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 11:32:24 AM »
I grew up between Riverside and Orange Co, so mentioning Mexican food after I have been living in NJ the last seven years makes me mad hongry!

biaherl

• Rep: 263
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 09:41:13 AM »
JV's is one of the best and maybe the fastest but that's more Marina area. You gonna have to DM Smolik like a man to find the best Claremont spot. He'll become your best friend if you have a car and will take him places haha

Longfellow elementary used to be the Bay Park spot back in the day

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 11:02:42 PM »
Torrey pines high school has that slight downhill manny pad that’s in a million skate videos. Super fun.

Encanto elementary has some fun ledges you can skate in a line. They’re almost knee high

Ruocco park in downtown SD has these rocks you can skate over and wallie. It’s a fun mess around spot that the sk8mafia dudes skate a lot

All three spots are roughly 10-15 minutes from Linda Vista skatepark. As far as skateparks go, I’d recommend City Heights, lemon Grove, and Kimball park. Pacific Highlands ranch skatepark is a little further out but it’s a fun low-impact park with a concrete pump track next door   ;)