Author Topic: BS Disasters  (Read 920 times)

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
BS Disasters
« on: April 22, 2022, 02:24:28 PM »
I friggin stink at this trick but I really want to get them down. Lately I somehow end up in axle stalls or back smith while trying, I don't really pop but should I? Or should I focus on turning all the way? What do I do with my shoulders? Is it easier on steeper stuff?

Hit me with some tips.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
Re: BS Disasters
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 03:19:49 PM »
Don’t pop your tail and then turn. Turn your body before your tail even hits the coping. By the time your tail hits you should almost be looking down the ramp. Try to get as far on the deck with your back leg as possible because this will help with the rotation. If you have enough speed going up the ramp that the rotation should happen naturally. Once you learn how to rotate off the lip it will almost feel like a fly out trick. The next step is balancing and coming back in but I am sure you can figure that out.

Also…suck up your knees and try to keep your upper body crouched. Watch how guys go to bs nose blunt (I can’t do that) but it shows a more exaggerated ‘scoop’. Think of Brian Anderson but just keep your front foot weight instead the coping.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 05:24:19 PM by GardenSkater77 »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 05:13:02 PM »
As a kid I could never work out the proper back wheel bonk to get into these so I used to do a pseudo-nollie into Back Ds. It didn't actually look that bad and helped me get used to body position and weight distribution. Doing them with a proper scoop and bonk feels better though.

Maybe, try and find some transition without coping to master the scoop and weight distribution. It's a great feeling trick and worth learning.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 03:19:36 AM »
I friggin stink at this trick but I really want to get them down. Lately I somehow end up in axle stalls or back smith while trying, I don't really pop but should I? Or should I focus on turning all the way? What do I do with my shoulders? Is it easier on steeper stuff?

Hit me with some tips.

You don’t need to pop it at all.
This trick is all in your shoulders.
You just ‘fake’ your pop in the sense that you put less weight on the board.
And yeah easier on steeper stuff.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 04:36:53 PM »
A friend told me they were just a kick turn that’s done late. Sounds stupid, but after that I was getting into them pretty much every time.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 12:24:59 AM »
Go for a dive! That's what most people forget when they try BS Disasters. Your body needs to be in the transition while doing it. Not on the deck. That will prevent you from overrotating.
It is a bit scary at first, but just try to dive your head a slight bit forward when you do the rotation.

Also, don't fully rotate. Maybe keep it at a good 170. Overrotated back disasters are the worst and can actually be pretty dangerous too.Lots of hangup-potential.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 02:47:17 AM »
Yo but like, if someone who didn't skate read this thread title it would have a totally different meaning LOL.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 05:42:53 AM »
A friend told me they were just a kick turn that’s done late. Sounds stupid, but after that I was getting into them pretty much every time.

this is how i think about them. after you get the scouped you can work on adding a pop

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 05:45:27 AM »
Start the rotation a little earlier than you think.

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 17
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 08:11:13 AM »
Having the back foot cradling the toe side pocket of the tail is the most important step to me. That gives you the scoop and proper spin to the board, after the scoop though yes the shoulders will always dictate where you're going.

Get that back foot in that pocket though.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2022, 07:19:52 AM »
It’s like an axel stall but turned more, key thing : keep shoulders open, hips turn but you want to keep facing forward.  If you dip your shoulders 180 when you first learn them and your all decked…you’ll prolly hang up…