Author Topic: Musk buying twitter  (Read 5006 times)

The real veganshawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
Musk buying twitter
« on: April 25, 2022, 11:56:54 PM »
Thoughts?
Cocteau Twins

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: Musk buying twitter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 12:01:43 AM »
Shittiest platform. Why even bother?

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 12:05:47 AM »
Shittiest platform. Why even bother?
Makes me wonder if he is up to something
Cocteau Twins

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 12:09:33 AM »
Elon Musk is the shadiest character.

Have you guys seen the Tesla robots he's building?

He's a megalomaniac with the mind of a child playing with Lego.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 12:30:15 AM »
I perused the bodybuilding.com misc section alot as a kid cause I thought it was hilarious.  To get that fix now I follow right wing bodybuilding accounts on Twitter.  I think this is great news in that aspect.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 12:35:23 AM »
I really don't care so long he doesn't let tRump back on the platform. No one needs to hear what he has to say. With how impulsive he is, what he says on twitter has worldwide implications and I am so thankful he is not in office currently. If he gets re-elected and has the ability to shitpost on twitter... I will absolutely be heartbroken.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

The real veganshawn

• What the fuck was that
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 12:56:09 AM »
He should of just bought trumps dumpster fire
Cocteau Twins

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2022, 01:17:22 AM »
What does Musk actually do?

Like, Bezos has way way more than he deserves, but at least he is actually smart.

Musk is going to be a key supporter of whatever fascist gov takes control of the US in the next 10 years.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2022, 01:56:16 AM »

Like, Bezos has way way more than he deserves, but at least he is actually smart.

Musk is going to be a key supporter of whatever fascist gov takes control of the US in the next 10 years.
He makes bonehead calls about rescuing kids stuck in caves then when doesn't get his way sooks like a 12 year old and makes some dumb accusations

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2022, 03:57:25 AM »
it seems elon musk has the wool pulled over most of society's eyes.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 06:01:21 AM »
I can see him running for US president in a few years.. twitter sucks.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2022, 06:14:31 AM »

You don't get as rich as those dudes without being a stone cold psychopath. The only reason they aren't stoned in the street is because most people don't have the proportional mathematical capacity to understand how unfathomably rich they are. There's no defending it.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 06:27:53 AM »
trumps twitter was easily the best thing about him he was comin up with bangers left and right
his 2013 run truly captures the cognitive dissonance between his exterior presentation of power and interior dream of being the NY fashion week correspondent for entertainment tonight

my prediction: twitter stays lame, the "free speech" stuff is just smoke and mirrors, doesnt change as much as conservatives would hope

my dream: all the suspended handles from like 2008 get freed up and i can snag one

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 06:33:00 AM »
Twitter employees having a meltdown haha but I don't see why this buyout is such a huge deal when billionaires do this often. It's no different than Bezos buying the Washington Post, Zuckerberg buying Instagram and WhatsApp, etc..

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 06:34:49 AM »
When you have end-world-hunger money but you buy a tech company instead because you're butthurt about some teenager tracking your private jet.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2022, 08:12:16 AM »
He's a weirdo who embraces his "I'm just a meme" online image because it is disarming and makes him seem less threatening/like a weirdo.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2022, 08:14:03 AM »
He’s doing it to control one of the main flows of communication on the internet.  The fact that just one man can buy something like this on a whim should be concerning for everybody.  I feel like this is a further slide into authoritarian oligarchy and it’s gonna be a problem. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2022, 08:31:39 AM »
I don't understand how he's the richest man alive, what does he actually sell? How many Teslas are actually on the road? doesn't he receive tonnes of government grants of investment and gets tonnes of different tax breaks.

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2022, 08:57:14 AM »
When you have end-world-hunger money but you buy a tech company instead because you're butthurt about some teenager tracking your private jet.

these tech fucks couldn't spare to give one billion to help africa or other poor countries all over the world, it would not inflate their ego enough

disgusting as hell

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

Brguy

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2022, 09:07:02 AM »
If he actually promotes free speech it'll be "good" and also completely moronic(just think about how shit the internet can be). If he doesn't people will complain just like they already do, so it's whatever.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2022, 09:11:36 AM »

Can't.

Rules for running for President: A presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2022, 09:15:32 AM »
I deactivated my Twitter yesterday, as well as my Facebook account. Tried to delete my LinkedIn account but for some reason it didn't work, they make it really hard. Might leave insta at the end of the year. I don't hate Musk or anything, I'm just slowly getting over social media and excessive phone/computer time in general.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2022, 09:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can't.

Rules for running for President: A presidential candidate must be a natural born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older.

John McCain and Ted Cruz weren't born in the US but conservatives will find a way to cheat.

(I'm aware of the technicalities with their birth locations, but if they want to be pedantic crybabies about where Obama was born then I'm holding them to the same standard.)

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2022, 09:32:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Can't.

[close]

John McCain and Ted Cruz weren't born in the US but conservatives will find a way to cheat.

(I'm aware of the technicalities with their birth locations, but if they want to be pedantic crybabies about where Obama was born then I'm holding them to the same standard.)
Remember when they wanted to change that law so that Arnold Schwarzenegger could run? What is with our obsession over making celebrities the most powerful people in the world?

Get hungry on it!

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2022, 10:38:51 AM »
Muska buying twitter

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2022, 10:46:04 AM »
He's a weirdo who embraces his "I'm just a meme" online image because it is disarming and makes him seem less threatening/like a weirdo.

It also makes him 1000% more embarrassing

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2022, 10:46:27 AM »
Muskatweetz
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2022, 11:33:51 AM »
Imma go against the grain here and say that Twitter is actually good. It's cool that you can go see verified  expert opinions compared to like reddit where the user could be like a random 8th grader.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2022, 12:05:34 PM »
Imma go against the grain here and say that Twitter is actually good. It's cool that you can go see verified  expert opinions compared to like reddit SLAP where the user could be like a random 8th grader boomer.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2022, 12:07:02 PM »
my prediction: twitter stays lame, the "free speech" stuff is just smoke and mirrors, doesnt change as much as conservatives would hope

Agreed, but what will be interesting is to see him run a money-losing company which doesn't rely on massive government handouts to stay afloat. My suspicion with Twitter and Facebook is that they're so useful for the surveillance state that they're both, at this point, effectively "too big to fail".

He’s doing it to control one of the main flows of communication on the internet.  The fact that just one man can buy something like this on a whim should be concerning for everybody.  I feel like this is a further slide into authoritarian oligarchy and it’s gonna be a problem.

No different than Bezos buying the Washington Post. It's amazing to see people pretend like he's doing this out of some kind of noblesse oblige of a free speech purist, rather than to ban people from posting photos of him with Ghislaine Maxwell and from before he had his hairplugs and plastic surgery. I personally find Musk much more annoying and disgusting than Bezos, because at least Bezos has the courtesy of just being evil, whereas Musk is what would happen if made Reddit sentient and gave it $100b (banal evil).
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021