Author Topic: Musk buying twitter  (Read 5005 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
Re: Musk buying twitter
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2022, 08:23:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Lol he just said the deal is on hold because crypto is taking a bath. Hmm it's almost like this crypto thing is funny money
[close]

That's just the most convenient excuse to use at the moment. He's also using "theres a ton of bots on twitter!" as one, like he wouldn't have known all this doing proper due diligence.

My take is still that he's a butthurt Karen ass billionaire who only did this to waive his dick around and be an attention whore. He was never going to do it...im guessing he didn't think twitter would say yes haha.

It's like all of his other "great" ideas, like a highway with one lane in a tunnel hundreds of feet below the ground, or a submarine that drowns thai children, or an electric car that spontaneously combusts. He's a fraud of the highest order and he's got a legion of mediocre "epic" bros who will human wave cope post you to death if you lightly criticize him online

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2022, 08:45:44 AM »
Something I've been wondering lately is if this deal can still go through after the continuing collapse of the crypto market. A lot of his "wealth" is or was tied into the value of an unregulated, speculative security instrument which is currently in free-fall. Musk is a big time pump-and-dumper, so I assume his advisors had him dumping his crypto holdings at the moment when it became clear that the Fed was raising interest rates, but if he's still holding a lot, that could spell trouble.

Lol he just said the deal is on hold because crypto is taking a bath. Hmm it's almost like this crypto thing is funny money

He's throwing a ton of excuses up against the wall to try and see what will stick, but more than anything I think that he overleveraged his Tesla stock to secure the funding and now that Tesla stock is down nearly 35% his creditors could demand more of his options to secure the loan. He's only the "richest man in the world" as long as Tesla stock is flying and as crazy as he might be, he's not crazy enough to lose 1/3rd of his tesla position (or more) to become the owner of twitter. He knows he can't afford to risk his options over his weird twitter vanity crusade.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2022, 08:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

That's just the most convenient excuse to use at the moment. He's also using "theres a ton of bots on twitter!" as one, like he wouldn't have known all this doing proper due diligence.

My take is still that he's a butthurt Karen ass billionaire who only did this to waive his dick around and be an attention whore. He was never going to do it...im guessing he didn't think twitter would say yes haha.
[close]

It's like all of his other "great" ideas, like a highway with one lane in a tunnel hundreds of feet below the ground, or a submarine that drowns thai children, or an electric car that spontaneously combusts. He's a fraud of the highest order and he's got a legion of mediocre "epic" bros who will human wave cope post you to death if you lightly criticize him online

Tbh Tesla and SpaceX are legit. Elon's def a psycho but that's not really surprising considering he almost went bankrupt trying to fund both an electric car and re-usable rocket company simultaneously.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 09:02:48 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2022, 09:10:03 AM »
Muska buying twitter

It'd be a lot cooler if he did

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2022, 11:17:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I see this as violently similar to 45 running in 2016. Dude didn't think he was going to win, but was rather grifting to gain attention and make $$. Fraud 100%

It's almost too bad EM can't be held to the purchase at this point. It'd ruin him and his status as richest man, he'd possibly lose Tesla too.

So much for contracts and all that.

God. I've always know it was rigged and a joke, later gilded age and oligarchs, but man, its keeps getting more unbelievable
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2022, 11:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I see this as violently similar to 45 running in 2016. Dude didn't think he was going to win, but was rather grifting to gain attention and make $$. Fraud 100%

It's almost too bad EM can't be held to the purchase at this point. It'd ruin him and his status as richest man, he'd possibly lose Tesla too.

God. I've always know it was rigged and a joke, later gilded age and oligarchs, but man, its keeps getting more unbelievable

Fortunately his upbringing in apartheid south Africa prevents him from being president

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2022, 11:51:57 AM »
So did he ever get that submarine working?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2022, 12:01:11 PM »
sick im doing the same if jonnie giger wins batb

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2022, 01:38:36 PM »
sick im doing the same if jonnie giger wins batb

the jonnie giger headquarters are an impenetrable fortress my friend. I wish you luck, godspeed
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2022, 01:50:41 PM »
I've never "tweeted" in my life. Ain't no bird up in hurr

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2022, 02:13:59 PM »
Didn't he say he was going to improve Twitter by getting rid of the bots and now he is saying he doesn't want it because of the bots? :o

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2022, 09:51:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fortunately his upbringing in apartheid south Africa prevents him from being president

ya but he's a white dude AND a grifter who was born rich. I'm sure the right would find a way to get him in office
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2022, 03:46:29 AM »
Seems like it could all be a massive stock manipulation effort. Not like he doesn’t have history of doing shit like that. This quote from Reddit speculates on it

Elon Musk announces he's buying out Twitter, the stock price skyrockets, after he already owned a 9.2% stake in the company. Obviously he bought his shares before announcing his stake, because the price of shares would have shot up before hand.

Now he puts in his offer of buying out the company at $54.20 per share, much higher than he got his 9.2% stake for. This essentially locks the value of the shares at that price, because share holders won't sell for less than that if they know Elon is buying them all out. Essentially as long as you held until the official buyout you were pretty much guaranteed $54.20 a share.

Now Elon can offload his shares at a huge profit. Once the value of the shares starts dropping, buying out the company at $54.20 a share no longer makes sense. Plus general poor market performance drives prices even lower.

Now he can renegotiate the deal because the companies valuation has dropped. But he will mask it by saying some stupid shit like it's on hold because of "fake user account details". Which will drive share prices even lower due to investors realizing the deal might not go through at the agreed price of $54.20 or at all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61433724.amp

There are a few outcomes to this scenario:

• Elon buys out Twitter way cheaper than the original deal. Or at least tries to, this is the much more likely scenario.
 • Elon backs out, and makes profit off his original 9.2% investment. - Least probable.
 • He's just looking for an excuse to get the fuck out and minimize damage to Tesla. - Very Probable

He wins no matter what, and likely gets away with it.
Why is he allowed to just freely manipulate markets? Probably pays a tiny fine to the SEC and goes about his day, will never see the inside of a jail cell.

Edit: I've noticed some people pointing out the $1Billion fee Elon would have to pay for cancelling the buyout. Elon Musk is worth $240 Billion, and is literally sitting on 9% of Twitter's shares. I think it wouldn't matter much.
He also sold $8 Billion in Tesla shares at peak values to help fund this fiasco. Making Tesla shareholders front the bill. While also potentially using billions more as collateral for the sale.

Also, He could sell his stake before announcing the buyout isn't happening. He has options.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2022, 07:04:48 AM »
The SEC will never catch up with him. After 2008, it became clear that, above a certain level, there was no such thing as a financial crime. None of these people will ever go to jail or face any consequences for their actions - not so long as the US is structured as it currently is.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2022, 12:31:15 PM »
If Musk let Trump back on Twitter and Trump wins again in 2024 I am hi-jacking a fucking peanut butter and jelly sandwich, loading that fucker up with so much cheap peanut butter and soaring that sumbitch straight into Chadillac Muskalade's slack-jawed gullet.

Musk is for sure gonna have a big wad of PB stuck to the roof of his mouth for a minute. Extra sticky peanut butter sandwich comin for dat ass, Elon. I'm warning you buddy, I'm not even gonna use enough jam and the ratio is gonna be way off... and it's gonna be on wheat bread. Not a threat, just sayin

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2022, 10:43:15 PM »
If Musk let Trump back on Twitter and Trump wins again in 2024 I am hi-jacking a fucking peanut butter and jelly sandwich, loading that fucker up with so much cheap peanut butter and soaring that sumbitch straight into Chadillac Muskalade's slack-jawed gullet.

Musk is for sure gonna have a big wad of PB stuck to the roof of his mouth for a minute. Extra sticky peanut butter sandwich comin for dat ass, Elon. I'm warning you buddy, I'm not even gonna use enough jam and the ratio is gonna be way off... and it's gonna be on wheat bread. Not a threat, just sayin

Musk isn't going to "let" anyone do shit because this isn't happening and it probably never was. The dude is clearly a bit of a narcissist and probably thought no one would call his bluff and now he's scrambling for ways to back out.

There were always things about it that didn't make sense, like Musk saying he was going to quadruple revenue and users in the next 5 years despite it being (as I mentioned before) a very mature platform that's already well monetized. I really want it to happen just because its so obviously a terrible deal to be making if you have even a cursory understanding of how they make money. This isn't some massive untapped evolving platform, maybe a decade ago but not now. Twitter and Facebook are going to continue losing users as boomers die out and younger generations that are more socially media savvy slowly move to whatever the next hot new thing is (insta, tiktok etc). If a deal goes through I see twitter having to play the very dangerous game of milking their existing user base for more money without driving them off and I just don't see that as viable at the moment.

P.S. Did my posts earlier in this thread disappear? Was there a thread merge or something? I see people quoting them but I can't find the original.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2022, 01:29:08 PM »
Musk is such a twat (do people still say that?)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-16/musk-says-twitter-bots-likely-account-for-at-least-20-of-users?srnd=premium

Absolutely use the word twat, along with bellend, nob, cunt,wanker, Muppet the list goes on and on, unfortunately so does this list of twats, bellends, nobs, cunts, wankers, Muppets ....

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2022, 01:49:20 PM »

Absolutely use the word twat, along with bellend, nob, cunt,wanker, Muppet the list goes on and on, unfortunately so does this list of twats, bellends, nobs, cunts, wankers, Muppets ....
once i even called him "airhead"
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2022, 02:49:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Musk isn't going to "let" anyone do shit because this isn't happening and it probably never was. The dude is clearly a bit of a narcissist and probably thought no one would call his bluff and now he's scrambling for ways to back out.

There were always things about it that didn't make sense, like Musk saying he was going to quadruple revenue and users in the next 5 years despite it being (as I mentioned before) a very mature platform that's already well monetized. I really want it to happen just because its so obviously a terrible deal to be making if you have even a cursory understanding of how they make money. This isn't some massive untapped evolving platform, maybe a decade ago but not now. Twitter and Facebook are going to continue losing users as boomers die out and younger generations that are more socially media savvy slowly move to whatever the next hot new thing is (insta, tiktok etc). If a deal goes through I see twitter having to play the very dangerous game of milking their existing user base for more money without driving them off and I just don't see that as viable at the moment.

P.S. Did my posts earlier in this thread disappear? Was there a thread merge or something? I see people quoting them but I can't find the original.

Dunno where the post on page one where I said this was all just a Karen-esque vanity crusade, a horrific business decision, and never actually going to happen went but this will have to do.

Yes, he's trying to abandon this deal like one of his kids. I really, really hope that Twitter's lawyers find a way to hold his dumb ass to the contract he signed and the SEC finally does something about this piece of shit.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2022, 03:03:40 PM »
Hopefully he’s doesn’t find out about this place…

newguy

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2022, 10:44:49 AM »
Hopefully the shitty tesla autopilot kills this clown soon. death to billionaires

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2022, 11:32:14 AM »

nah elon reeks of 4-chan 8-kun and reddit

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2022, 11:54:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nah elon reeks of 4-chan 8-kun and reddit

Man Elon and the original Q are South African.   Who would have thought that country would have such an impact this century

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2022, 12:16:11 PM »
Can somebody explain to me how he's the richest man in the world but tesla makes up for less than 1% of automotive sales? How teals receives government subsidies that seems to elevate the stock price, but he argues the government shouldn't be helping other private corporations?
Did you know he didn't start TESLA?
oh ya, does anyone know what his dad did for work down in South Africa?

newguy

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2022, 03:40:35 PM »
Can somebody explain to me how he's the richest man in the world but tesla makes up for less than 1% of automotive sales? How teals receives government subsidies that seems to elevate the stock price, but he argues the government shouldn't be helping other private corporations?

Tesla stocks are valued based on “potential growth”, people see Tesla in the news a lot, the news talk about how popular Tesla is and so on and so on which makes line go up. Tesla stocks are completely disconnected from reality obviously and Tesla is simply incapable of growing to match their stock value. Really I recommend you look up dialectical materialism and Marx because it really pulls the wool over your eyes on how fucking stupid capitalism (and the people that run it) is especially these days when new contradictions appear seemingly every week.

Musk is also a massive hypocrite which is why he constantly says subsidies are bad while building his fortune with them.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2022, 04:43:08 PM »
Lol
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2022, 08:22:55 PM »
Is Egon purposefully trying to kill Twitter?

He increased the debt payments from 1/74 of revenue to 1/4 of revenue, his stupid grievance blue check decision alienated big companies, he fired half of his employees based on really stupid data, he alienated advertisers (his real customers), and is just doing one stupid ass thing after another.

What the fuck is Egon doing? Does he need a 44 billion dollar tax write off?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2022, 09:11:38 PM »
Is Egon purposefully trying to kill Twitter?

He increased the debt payments from 1/74 of revenue to 1/4 of revenue, his stupid grievance blue check decision alienated big companies, he fired half of his employees based on really stupid data, he alienated advertisers (his real customers), and is just doing one stupid ass thing after another.

What the fuck is Egon doing? Does he need a 44 billion dollar tax write off?

On purpose? Nah. He just doesn't know what he's doing. He paid 44b for a company that has a realistic valuation of maybe half that and has been losing money for years, waived due diligence so he could look like a big dick billionaire badass, and then tried to weasel out of it when it became clear just how bad he'd fucked up. The gov't finally got tired of his shit and said "fuck your buyers remorse" and held him to the deal he signed and now here we are. My bet is he runs it into the ground and tries to frame it as "yeah I didn't like them so I bought it and closed it" to protect his fragile ego. His fanboys who for some reason think they're going to magically get rich if they become sycophants might buy it but no one with wrinkles in their brain will.

Like I said in the initial post back when it broke, anyone who has even the slightest idea of Twitter's business model could see how this would go and that it was mostly driven by his ego. Billionai-ren got pissy because he didn't like the service so he bought the company without having a clue how to run it. That's about all there is to it.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2022, 10:05:21 PM »
He's an asshole, but I made some money on it.   I don't use twitter much at all and won't miss it if he puts it in the ground.