Author Topic: Musk buying twitter  (Read 4999 times)

therealnod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
Re: Musk buying twitter
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2022, 12:55:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Is Egon purposefully trying to kill Twitter?

He increased the debt payments from 1/74 of revenue to 1/4 of revenue, his stupid grievance blue check decision alienated big companies, he fired half of his employees based on really stupid data, he alienated advertisers (his real customers), and is just doing one stupid ass thing after another.

What the fuck is Egon doing? Does he need a 44 billion dollar tax write off?
[close]

On purpose? Nah. He just doesn't know what he's doing. He paid 44b for a company that has a realistic valuation of maybe half that and has been losing money for years, waived due diligence so he could look like a big dick billionaire badass, and then tried to weasel out of it when it became clear just how bad he'd fucked up. The gov't finally got tired of his shit and said "fuck your buyers remorse" and held him to the deal he signed and now here we are. My bet is he runs it into the ground and tries to frame it as "yeah I didn't like them so I bought it and closed it" to protect his fragile ego. His fanboys who for some reason think they're going to magically get rich if they become sycophants might buy it but no one with wrinkles in their brain will.

Like I said in the initial post back when it broke, anyone who has even the slightest idea of Twitter's business model could see how this would go and that it was mostly driven by his ego. Billionai-ren got pissy because he didn't like the service so he bought the company without having a clue how to run it. That's about all there is to it.
This is pretty on the nose. It's hilarious to watch. You can almost hear the wheels turning in his head:
"Here's an idea! Oh...I...oh, well...here's another idea! Oh...I...oh, well, um...here's another idea! Oh...it's the same idea. Oh...I...oh, well...Look, we're probably going to go bankrupt."

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2022, 01:02:29 PM »
hes been having a nightmare last 24 hours after allowing people to buy a verified blue tick

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2022, 01:14:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

He increased the debt payments from 1/74 of revenue to 1/4 of revenue, his stupid grievance blue check decision alienated big companies, he fired half of his employees based on really stupid data, he alienated advertisers (his real customers), and is just doing one stupid ass thing after another.

[close]

On purpose? Nah. He just doesn't know what he's doing. He paid 44b for a company that has a realistic valuation of maybe half that and has been losing money for years, waived due diligence so he could look like a big dick billionaire badass, and then tried to weasel out of it when it became clear just how bad he'd fucked up. The gov't finally got tired of his shit and said "fuck your buyers remorse" and held him to the deal he signed and now here we are. My bet is he runs it into the ground and tries to frame it as "yeah I didn't like them so I bought it and closed it" to protect his fragile ego. His fanboys who for some reason think they're going to magically get rich if they become sycophants might buy it but no one with wrinkles in their brain will.

Like I said in the initial post back when it broke, anyone who has even the slightest idea of Twitter's business model could see how this would go and that it was mostly driven by his ego. Billionai-ren got pissy because he didn't like the service so he bought the company without having a clue how to run it. That's about all there is to it.
[close]
This is pretty on the nose. It's hilarious to watch. You can almost hear the wheels turning in his head:
"Here's an idea! Oh...I...oh, well...here's another idea! Oh...I...oh, well, um...here's another idea! Oh...it's the same idea. Oh...I...oh, well...Look, we're probably going to go bankrupt."

Its pretty hilarious for sure. If you get a chance read up on the meeting he had with the employees. What a fucking dildo.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/11/twitter-could-go-bankrupt-lose-billions-next-year-musk-tells-staff/

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2022, 02:11:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Its pretty hilarious for sure. If you get a chance read up on the meeting he had with the employees. What a fucking dildo.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/11/twitter-could-go-bankrupt-lose-billions-next-year-musk-tells-staff/

His whole thing about gizmos. He's a little dumb boy looking at the back of a popular mechanics magazine
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 06:41:29 PM by DaleSr »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2022, 02:35:22 PM »
The only way I see this working is if the US gov bans tiktok (that'll go over well with young people) and Egon brings back Vine.

But none of this makes sense, he burdens the company with a billion dollars in debt payments (up from 50 million) and then starts worrying about the cost of employing people?

This whole thing makes me think of Remmington's fall from grace. It was actually profitable, it was getting government handouts, and because the buyers saddled it with debt, the company was completely fucked. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/01/magazine/remington-guns-jobs-huntsville.html

Also, what a fucking world we live in. I can't believe this fucker was able to buy this company by increasing the company's debt burden by 13 billion rather than increasing his own debt burden.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2022, 02:53:19 PM »
But, he made comedy legal again.
We just definitely need to bring in more cash than we spend,” Musk replied. “If we don’t do that and there’s a massive negative cash flow, then bankruptcy is not out of the question."
He said with what I imagine is a straight face. Fascinating insight from genius boy. Reminds me of the time he decided that the wheel wasn't worth reinventing.

In that way, Musk has shown that in his ambition to launch new products, he has overlooked some of the money-making opportunities that already existed on the platform.
But, being the genius that he is, he recognizes he needs to take in more money than he spends. So he decides to fire the people in charge of that, tells whoever is left they need to grow the platform by 1 billion users, and is going to do online banking and it better work or everybody's fired.

I see no problem here

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2022, 03:00:46 PM »
I strongly dislike Elon Musk.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2022, 07:20:18 PM »
Musk is a poor decision maker.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Perforated Opinions

• Rep: -198
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2022, 12:31:49 AM »
I like Elon musk. He believes “absolute power, corrupts absolutely” plus too everything he does is like luxury shit twitter/ rocket ships/ electric cars. All Totally irrelevant to me. He doesn’t interfere with me directly and gives me things I want to play with if I ever feel like it. I’m not to sure but his stutter makes me suspect he might be from the future. He also is well read and seems to not be raised by dumb asses. Also has a good sense of humor which is a admirable trait that takes time and wit to develop. He has a baby named X or something that’s funny and cool. What the fuck why would any of these things bother any one. Isn’t he also making it so everyone doesn’t have to depend on big electric with his solar power and battery designs.
I’m just speaking facts feel free to change my opinion.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2022, 02:07:56 PM »
You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Musk ain't on SLAP, dude. You need to take that shit to Twitter if you want him to see how much you love him.
Anyway...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 02:15:25 PM by therealnod »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2022, 03:41:44 PM »
I like Elon musk. He believes “absolute power, corrupts absolutely” plus too everything he does is like luxury shit twitter/ rocket ships/ electric cars. All Totally irrelevant to me. He doesn’t interfere with me directly and gives me things I want to play with if I ever feel like it. I’m not to sure but his stutter makes me suspect he might be from the future. He also is well read and seems to not be raised by dumb asses. Also has a good sense of humor which is a admirable trait that takes time and wit to develop. He has a baby named X or something that’s funny and cool. What the fuck why would any of these things bother any one. Isn’t he also making it so everyone doesn’t have to depend on big electric with his solar power and battery designs.
I’m just speaking facts feel free to change my opinion.

You seem really dim. Back to Twitter with you

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2022, 09:09:42 AM »
woke up this morning to my Twitter account "permanently suspended".  it was an anon burner account that I had to check news, but I commented a lot of left wing/anticapitalist stuff too. i've maybe gotten 2 temp, less than a day, suspensions in the past for random shit, but nothing serious.  The message says I "broke twitter rules" but didn't list any rules broken.  Tried re-signing up under an alt email, but they must have blocked my IP. 

I think Elon is purging left leaning accounts under the guise of deleting "bots", while ramping up the right wing rhetoric considerably.  I went pretty hard on some of the comments, but nothing worse than any of the right wing accounts i interacted with.  i purposely kept my follower count low, so i did probably look like a bot to some extent, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was put on some kind of blacklist because of my interactions. 

Been thinking about deleting anyway; i spend way too much time on there and its super negative and getting worse everyday.  I think its clear what Elon intends to do with Twitter: promote a right wing capitalistic agenda and suppress any dissent.  I think its going to get a lot more extreme and will amplify misinformation and conspiracy theories, and cause overall chaos.  Yet another canary in the coal mine for this ongoing fascist/capitalist attempt to subvert our democracy. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2022, 10:10:13 AM »
woke up this morning to my Twitter account "permanently suspended".  it was an anon burner account that I had to check news, but I commented a lot of left wing/anticapitalist stuff too. i've maybe gotten 2 temp, less than a day, suspensions in the past for random shit, but nothing serious.  The message says I "broke twitter rules" but didn't list any rules broken.  Tried re-signing up under an alt email, but they must have blocked my IP. 

I think Elon is purging left leaning accounts under the guise of deleting "bots", while ramping up the right wing rhetoric considerably.  I went pretty hard on some of the comments, but nothing worse than any of the right wing accounts i interacted with.  i purposely kept my follower count low, so i did probably look like a bot to some extent, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was put on some kind of blacklist because of my interactions. 

Been thinking about deleting anyway; i spend way too much time on there and its super negative and getting worse everyday.  I think its clear what Elon intends to do with Twitter: promote a right wing capitalistic agenda and suppress any dissent.  I think its going to get a lot more extreme and will amplify misinformation and conspiracy theories, and cause overall chaos.  Yet another canary in the coal mine for this ongoing fascist/capitalist attempt to subvert our democracy.

In positive news did you see the booing that Elon sustained at a Chapelle show?

https://youtu.be/BdBga225HBk
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 12:41:40 PM by DaleSr »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2022, 10:47:14 AM »
I frankly couldn't care less if Twitter goes under. In the early 2010's it seemed like an actual powerful networking platform for grassroots political movements in other countries which cancelled out the Western echo chamber/ad targeting angle. Now it's just this weird place where politicians go to be mean to each other and people share bogus "news". What concerns me lately is that Elon has become an almost alt right hack in a lot of respects in the sake of "freedom of speech", but he seems to fail to understand that there is actual social and legal precedents for what is and is not considered inflammatory dialogue and all he does is inflame. His recent attempts at "diplomacy" in international affairs he has no business butting his head into makes it clear that he thinks he and he alone are above all laws and norms but it's OK because he has the way. Pure messiah complex.

I know a lot of people at Twitter that were laid off or quit. There is no way he is going to fill those job vacancies at least with American hires. While the tech labor market is contracting there are tons of companies people with that level of skill and experience would rather go. It seems Economists and Elon forget that many people making $250k/year plus stock options can take significant time to find other work and don't have to settle for companies run by megalomania.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2022, 03:17:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

some guy called into the majority report this AM who was at the show...said the ticket priced were ridiculously expensive and chappelle kind of sucked and Chris rock killed

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2022, 03:24:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

some guy called into the majority report this AM who was at the show...said the ticket priced were ridiculously expensive and chappelle kind of sucked and Chris rock killed

Well, that's not surprising seeing as DC absolutely fucking sucks these days.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2022, 04:32:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

His material it's garbage now. Even his thing about "who wants to see titties in space?" bit was like 13 year old hack shit. Embarrassing stuff

AR abstain

• Rep: -25
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2022, 04:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

His material it's garbage now. Even his thing about "who wants to see titties in space?" bit was like 13 year old hack shit. Embarrassing stuff
that and his cars light on fire. he didn't seem like a genius on Rogan's show a few years back. but he's got twitter operational on a skeleton crew so whether that's just captain of industry and productivity shit or real intelligence, who's to say? kind of amazing that the corporation was publicly traded and the stockholders allowed the workforce to grow so bloated. guess from the outside you'd have no idea who was integral and who wasn't.
i read under Muska they dropped from 7500 employees to 50!

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2022, 07:25:08 PM »
Cant believe theres so much hate towards twitter its fucking amazing imo. So many funny cunts
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2022, 11:02:26 PM »
elon can go fuck himself and if you support or stand with him you can go fuck yourself too
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2022, 03:00:56 AM »
couldnt care less about elon just think theres funny cunts on twitter n found it weird people have had a shit experience
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.