Author Topic: tyshawn of fa. hardies incoming  (Read 64905 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: tyshawn of fa. hardies incoming
« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2022, 05:50:50 AM »
Expand Quote
seriously cringe, not sure why some people seem to hail Tyshawn as some business genius this shit was doomed from the start
[close]
This ain’t no Tyshawn shit.
It shares nothing in common beyond an unfortunately timed coincidence as far as name/branding goes.

But since I’m this here thread, allow me to ask: was anybody else bothered by that NFT advert thing using a paver/tiling brick, instead of a standard masonry brick?
Maybe it’s just me, but that’s stuck in my mental craw now, and I can’t unsee it.
I dunno. I’m a dummy.

Thank you, I immediately was like that's not a brick, it's part of one

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #511 on: June 26, 2022, 08:19:37 AM »
Tyshawn x mama jeans $1000 shit coming your way.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #512 on: June 26, 2022, 09:51:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This NFT shit is honestly nuts. How stupid and rich are people?
[close]
Seth Green got a bored ape NFT stolen then paid a $260,000 ransom to get the NFT back. Keep in mind he already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars when he originally purchased the NFT. This is all stupid and disgusting. And what’s even more disgusting….is that I’m aware of this
[close]

there is a 0% chance that actually happened and a 10000000% chance it was a bullshit story they made up to get media attention for the stupid NFT themed show he's making
[close]
Quite possibly all an elaborate marketing hoax. However, also a major incentive for someone to demand a ransom if he put all that work in the show dependent on that one NFT. Living in strange times now with so many celebrities promoting NFTs. Are they stupid for wasting their money or they getting kick backs for pushing this scam? I’m leaning more towards stupidity because of what happened to digital currency. They all want to be on board with the latest monetary trend, thinking will lead to major wealth

Apparently that’s fact. He’s not allowed to say he was gifted the NFT based on an NDA . Seems to be how almost all the celebrities got their NFTs. Shits just an attempt to get regular people to spend hard earned cash on fake crap. very sad everyone including venture capital firms like Andressen Horowitz are backing these clowns.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #513 on: June 28, 2022, 11:39:04 AM »
I don't understand how people do not see that Tyshawn is a huge dork. 'He has the biggest pool in America!!' Homie needs to take a big drag off of Kader's spliff and realize that you can't take your stacks of dirty green paper with you when you wake up in Hell
haha what the fuck are you talking about

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #514 on: June 28, 2022, 04:35:44 PM »
love seeing all these losers dropping NFTs a few weeks too late cause they crashed and no one wants them anymore.

I went and looked at those limited edition skater-made NFTs, by Spanky, Nora and others, and they had sold literally something like 10 of several thousand on offer.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #515 on: June 28, 2022, 04:42:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This NFT shit is honestly nuts. How stupid and rich are people?
[close]
Seth Green got a bored ape NFT stolen then paid a $260,000 ransom to get the NFT back. Keep in mind he already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars when he originally purchased the NFT. This is all stupid and disgusting. And what’s even more disgusting….is that I’m aware of this
[close]

there is a 0% chance that actually happened and a 10000000% chance it was a bullshit story they made up to get media attention for the stupid NFT themed show he's making
[close]
Quite possibly all an elaborate marketing hoax. However, also a major incentive for someone to demand a ransom if he put all that work in the show dependent on that one NFT. Living in strange times now with so many celebrities promoting NFTs. Are they stupid for wasting their money or they getting kick backs for pushing this scam? I’m leaning more towards stupidity because of what happened to digital currency. They all want to be on board with the latest monetary trend, thinking will lead to major wealth
[close]

Apparently that’s fact. He’s not allowed to say he was gifted the NFT based on an NDA . Seems to be how almost all the celebrities got their NFTs. Shits just an attempt to get regular people to spend hard earned cash on fake crap. very sad everyone including venture capital firms like Andressen Horowitz are backing these clowns.

Absolutely zero chance that *any* celebrity has purchased any of the NFTs they promote.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #516 on: June 28, 2022, 04:53:51 PM »
Credit to punk news dot org for pointing out that these are the dudes from Operation Ivy lol

LebowskisRug

« Reply #517 on: June 28, 2022, 05:36:00 PM »
For being such a passionate restauranteur, his place doesn't get very good reviews. He would be the amazing entrepreneur people claim he is if he had founded the Olive Garden, but it's just a single joint with bad service. No mention of free breadsticks.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2022, 02:05:09 AM »
For being such a passionate restauranteur, his place doesn't get very good reviews. He would be the amazing entrepreneur people claim he is if he had founded the Olive Garden, but it's just a single joint with bad service. No mention of free breadsticks.

What's the place called?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #519 on: June 29, 2022, 02:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What's the place called?

TASTE SO GOOD

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #520 on: June 29, 2022, 06:26:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What's the place called?
[close]

TASTE SO GOOD

Lol "restaurant". It's a fast food joint

The way people on here where going on I thought it was fine dining

bolts the snowman

• Rep: -37
    • follow @nycskatedaily on instagram! avatar image
« Reply #521 on: July 20, 2022, 11:44:18 PM »
found this on twitter a few weeks ago. https://ibb.co/s17zh3X

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -31
« Reply #522 on: July 20, 2022, 11:59:47 PM »

King skateboards - Nakel, Tyshawn and Zach Saraceno

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #523 on: July 21, 2022, 01:52:49 AM »

Just enough so Basquiats estate cant sue

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B
« Reply #524 on: July 21, 2022, 04:27:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There’s no way Kevin white isn’t going to be the mascot “big homie” on this shit despite not being able to push.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #525 on: July 21, 2022, 05:08:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
There’s no way Kevin white isn’t going to be the mascot “big homie” on this shit despite not being able to push.

Free max b
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2022, 11:05:45 PM »
Have read many comments on here in the past saying companies like Frog & WKND aren't 'real' companies, but Illegal Civ as a board brand is the one that fits closest to not being a real company. They just did some merch and had some of the crews name on the board, weren't available at shops and now they are already done. I wonder if Kevin White & Zach Saraceno will get boards on Tyshawns company right or away if they will be made to wait.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: July 30, 2022, 05:38:29 AM »
So Tyshawn left FA to ride for a company with Zach Saraceno and Kevin White?

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #528 on: July 30, 2022, 11:29:22 AM »
ah maaan i hope the art direction isnt ass. im betting that just a simple logo board is all he can tease right now as not to give much info away. but for right now, it's not a great logo. its like some asos or zara underwear brand and somehow makes me think of nyjah after leaving element.

i like tyshawn on FA. benny or johnny or ben chandourne should be the filmer though. that sort of felt like a reason to leave but he is still with supreme so i have no idea. bill's fisheye work is fine. the nollie flip the tall can video was so good.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #529 on: July 30, 2022, 11:34:34 AM »
That logo ain’t it.  That’s close to like Grizzly or Thunder heart grenade-core

If you’re gonna call it King give me a Don King board and World Industries style McKee graphics.  At least have fun with it.  Hope that’s where it’s headed but I won’t hold out hope.

adumb

• Rep: -5
« Reply #530 on: July 30, 2022, 01:34:28 PM »
That Skate.3 lookin ass logo ain't gonna do it

veritas

« Reply #531 on: July 30, 2022, 01:45:07 PM »
So Tyshawn left FA to ride for a company with Zach Saraceno and Kevin White?

I’m a fan of Tyshawn but Jesus Christ this sounds so depressing

That Skate.3 lookin ass logo ain't gonna do it

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #532 on: July 30, 2022, 03:03:28 PM »
ah maaan i hope the art direction isnt ass. im betting that just a simple logo board is all he can tease right now as not to give much info away. but for right now, it's not a great logo. its like some asos or zara underwear brand and somehow makes me think of nyjah after leaving element.

i like tyshawn on FA. benny or johnny or ben chandourne should be the filmer though. that sort of felt like a reason to leave but he is still with supreme so i have no idea. bill's fisheye work is fine. the nollie flip the tall can video was so good.

Bill isn't a FA/Hockey staff filmer though.

I think Tyshawn was always going to leave going back to like 2017. He barely felt apart of FA other than having a board with them and the Supreme connection and wouldn't really engage with being apart of it. He didn't go on any of the tours post 2017, and there was plenty. He's been on his own time for better part of 5 years.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #533 on: July 30, 2022, 05:35:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bill isn't a FA/Hockey staff filmer though.

I think Tyshawn was always going to leave going back to like 2017. He barely felt apart of FA other than having a board with them and the Supreme connection and wouldn't really engage with being apart of it. He didn't go on any of the tours post 2017, and there was plenty. He's been on his own time for better part of 5 years.

I think Davonte Jolly is going to be the staff filmer
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Free Max B
« Reply #534 on: July 31, 2022, 05:28:30 AM »
Still kinda wild there’s nothing official about this yet and he’s still just riding supreme/ antihero deckswith supreme stickers. And that one picture with what looks like a disorder board ripoff.

Tf they waiting for.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

LostBearings

• Rep: -6
« Reply #535 on: July 31, 2022, 07:04:39 AM »
Hardies skateboards would've made wayyy more sense and would've already had a base/art direction. Maybe Tyshawn is in biz with some "less than ideal" people that would prevent him from using the Hardies name without giving up a certain percentage/profit. King logo reminds me those old profile pictures everybody would use back in MW2 days

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #536 on: July 31, 2022, 10:29:42 AM »
Have read many comments on here in the past saying companies like Frog & WKND aren't 'real' companies, but Illegal Civ as a board brand is the one that fits closest to not being a real company. They just did some merch and had some of the crews name on the board, weren't available at shops and now they are already done. I wonder if Kevin White & Zach Saraceno will get boards on Tyshawns company right or away if they will be made to wait.

Wait illegal civ is finally over? They made all that noise last year turning Kevin white and friends dumbass pro to close up shop a year later . Amazing. Biggest idiot in the game he could’ve been on FA and done fuck all for the last 5 years and collected a check and chose the fairfax brand that came out 5 years too late .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #537 on: July 31, 2022, 10:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait illegal civ is finally over? They made all that noise last year turning Kevin white and friends dumbass pro to close up shop a year later . Amazing. Biggest idiot in the game he could’ve been on FA and done fuck all for the last 5 years and collected a check and chose the fairfax brand that came out 5 years too late .

Fun story on a hellish flight from London this week , the girl next to me saw me scrolling ig and saw skating and was like oh you like skating do you know illegal civ. And I died inside a little .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #538 on: July 31, 2022, 11:25:47 AM »
At a glance this just kinda sounds like IC 2.0 but with Tyshawn as the focus instead of Alex Midler. Yeesh talk about playing yourself
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #539 on: July 31, 2022, 11:37:30 AM »
Just put tyshawn on baker already