Author Topic: tyshawn of fa. hardies incoming  (Read 64956 times)

Mantracker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
Re: Tyshawn of FA
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2022, 05:13:06 PM »
Fucking bummed that the last 3.5 years of Tyshawn footy in FA boards might not make it out now.. been patiently waiting for a part for too long now

Cant believe Louie Lopez is the big dawg on FA now..

Hopefully Louie, Sage and KB make the switch to Hardies boards, as they're already on the hardware team.

FA slow death starts now

live, laugh, love

Re: tyshawn of fa. hardies incoming
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2022, 05:21:10 PM »
I wonder if they do start a board brand if Nak is gonna decide who sells their gear based on if they'll regrip boards covered in dog shit.

SSBSTRS

• Rep: 6
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2022, 05:21:39 PM »
lol at Alex Olson commenting “about time”

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2022, 05:24:30 PM »
Would be a huge mistake not to steal Louie. Bout time they cut out the old man and made the money for themselves imo.

I’d love to see what Tyshawn, Louie and Sage could do with their own brand.

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 92
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2022, 05:26:25 PM »
Agree with some of the other posters that hardies will prob be through FA, I would imagine there’s enough trust built into that crew that they’d make the move of fading an older brand for something more fresh. Like 101 and menace taking the stage after people left world for girl. Hopefully dill is smart enough to have it all happen under the same roof. Most kids don’t care/know about distros so they could milk the brand change and “drama” or whatever for marketing even tho it’s all the same money being passed around. That being said anything that amounts to a new Tyshawn part would make my heart sing (also fuck yeah for Tyshawn if he does his own distro and gets more money). And hopefully it means FA is gonna push for touzery to do a part as well to reinforce the brand cause I miss his skating dearly.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2022, 05:33:07 PM »
Does this mean Tyshawn and Nak FA boards will be going on sale?

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2022, 05:36:55 PM »
Are we thinking this will be done through Supreme or whatever channel Bill is using for Violet or a totally independent thing (maybe even FA distro)? Be weird to see TJ in a video without Bill or his helpers behind the lens, love or hate his style pretty much all the footage we've ever seen of Tyshawn has been filmed by Bill.

We got a little bit from Mulhern

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2022, 05:39:32 PM »
watch it not be Hardies and actually be Nak and TJ on April. Weird tone shift but I guess Nak has been filming with the April filmer.

veritas

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2022, 05:44:45 PM »
take one look at the Hardies website and you can see this has been in the works, it looks just like the FA website. Also isnt this exactly what Dill did when he started FA as a board brand after it had been a clothing company

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2022, 05:50:41 PM »
Great, so now he’ll be too focused on his board company to put out a new part like we have all wanted. It’s been what…how many years since his last full part?

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2022, 05:58:59 PM »
They’re bringing it full circle and going to alien workshop.

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2022, 06:01:57 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me much if Tyshawn drops a few parts later this year to get this going/possible soty run. He doesn't party etc to pile out and I bet he skates all the time, just been sitting on stuff ready for this launch. Even Nak seems to still be skating a fair bit so could easily see him dropping a part as well. Could this be the start of Dill becoming the new Rocco? Letting all the young bucks start brands under the FA umbrella like World in the 90s? Could easily see Aidan/Ben Kadow and others on other branch off companies with smaller niches and just keep FA as a less team-focused brand as it seems to do the numbers on it's own to hype beasts etc. Hockey seems to be really strong atm but their team is also very, very stacked so again a split off for a couple of riders would make sense. I think Dill has the awareness to actually help his riders set up their own thing under his distro rather than just have them fully jump ship, could lead to some really interesting stuff.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2022, 06:08:43 PM »
Hardies ain’t gonna last long as a bigger company if they continue with that art direction

LebowskisRug

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2022, 06:13:35 PM »
Frankly I don’t see Hardies being all that lucrative compared to FA. Right now they make hardware, some clothes, and have a branded Mob Grip. They’re carried very few places. TJ is probably going to get business on name recognition alone, but actually creating a branding and art framework that will last a few years is probably harder than they think.

Now I know people will say “but he owns a restaurant”, but in fairly sure a Cajun (I honestly don’t know if it is) theme’d restaurant that you don’t really have to do any marketing, branding, or distribution for, is not a skate company.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2022, 06:16:03 PM »
They aren't leaving FA only to do a company under FA World Entertainment, they would simply move across, and there wouldn't be this announcement of them leaving.

Weren't Nak & Tyshawn the last two of the original kids to get on FA?

Also the comment from Alex Olson just look bad. Doesn't show up to his own companies premiere, is completely absent from his team, Nik & Vince leaving to go to a more stable home should have been a wake up call, instead he double downed on not caring, had very little to do with the videos or the team which is why most people were into your company in the first place, like, what do you actually have to be salty about?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2022, 06:37:10 PM »
Expand Quote
This was inevitable. Pontus was right that skateboard companies have 10 years. Will be interesting to see how FA adapts to this and evolves from it.
[close]
Real/DLX has had a long run, although maybe it never peaked like OG Plan B, Flip, or Girl, like FA did. Baker seems to be having a solid resurgence.

I thought it was 20 years was the danger mark.   I remember Carroll or a Crail dude getting that warning right before their anniversary and right after that it when they had their mass exodus

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2022, 06:41:33 PM »
Damn so it’s definitely another board brand or what I’m assuming and so has others Hardies is gonna start making decks. I wonder if kb is gonna be next. Maybe if he is that means a kb part. I don’t like Nak but stoked for tyshawn. Also what’s the chances  this could  be under the FA umbrella? So dill still getting some kick back from it and that’s why it’s all love. Cause even if dill is stoked for tyshawn. Tyshawn leaving is a sizable blow to FA.

Saw this thread and copy pasted from the Nak thread and just read this thread and a lot of what I said others already have. My bad.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 07:05:23 PM by Murge »

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2022, 06:44:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
damn gifted hater really called it.
[close]

There’s no way he didn’t have inside info. Posts an FA analysis video (which is totally different from his usual videos) right before all this and calls this specifically. I think he’s actually getting more plugged in now so maybe less a prediction than speculation based on some solid rumors. Skate gossip reporter evolution of career?
[close]

gifted hater literally said he had inside info so i don't know what's wrong with your ears, he just didn't announce it

@ 0:20

[close]
imagine tyshawn watching gifted hater the beginning of this video thinking gh was gonna leak it lmao, gh is a master troll

Genericwhitemale

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2022, 06:46:14 PM »
Taste So Good Skateboards has a nice ring to it.
Or maybe TJ and Nak are swerving us and moving to Hockey

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2022, 06:48:10 PM »
Fucking bummed that the last 3.5 years of Tyshawn footy in FA boards might not make it out now.. been patiently waiting for a part for too long now

Hopefully Louie, Sage and KB make the switch to Hardies boards, as they're already on the hardware team.

FA slow death starts now

Nah sage has already pretty much quit skating, Louie already been on one dead brand and knows to stay where the checks at and kb in the same boat he isn’t about to throw away a good check when he’s gotten paid to do fuck all for the last 3 years. The only person going to this company is kevin white just watch.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2022, 06:55:23 PM »
who?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2022, 07:01:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This was inevitable. Pontus was right that skateboard companies have 10 years. Will be interesting to see how FA adapts to this and evolves from it.
[close]
Real/DLX has had a long run, although maybe it never peaked like OG Plan B, Flip, or Girl, like FA did. Baker seems to be having a solid resurgence.
[close]

I thought it was 20 years was the danger mark.   I remember Carroll or a Crail dude getting that warning right before their anniversary and right after that it when they had their mass exodus

20 years for those legacy companies sure, but Pontus made a great point in an interview which I can't seem to find now. If anyone knows the interview I'm talking about where Pontus talks about this, please link it!

Expand Quote

FA slow death starts now
[close]

Nah sage has already pretty much quit skating, Louie already been on one dead brand and knows to stay where the checks at and kb in the same boat he isn’t about to throw away a good check when he’s gotten paid to do fuck all for the last 3 years. The only person going to this company is kevin white just watch.

I seen Kevin White skate a lot of Deluxe boards, so I wouldn't be surprised. IC isn't a board company, they just decided to do some merch and put out some skateboards.

Also I just realised I don't think Tyshawn has been in any FA edit for a long time now, maybe 5 years? He wasn't in Fuck a Rough Cut, Industrial Light & Magic, 402 E 9th Street. So other than having a board with them, he's hardly been apart of the team in that period.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2022, 07:03:00 PM »
kb’s first real part being on another brand 10 years after getting on FA is going to be hysterical

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2022, 07:10:23 PM »
I like Kevin white. So if he got on hardies or whatever this is, id be stoked cause I can’t support IC. Shits too corny. Suburban kids trying to edgey and tough. If jolly became filmer on this would be cool too.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 280
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2022, 07:18:38 PM »
Y'all don't know how to connect the dots do you?

TJ/Nak free up salary space? On a Fat Bill associated brand? You know who else Bill films with? And is Supreme affiliated? And might be actually excitedly posting "about time"?

I wasn't supposed to say anything but

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2022, 07:26:44 PM »
It will fall apart after few years.  Due to lack of good management.  Doesn't really have a chance.  Teams not that hot either.

snotbukkake

• Rep: 8
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2022, 08:02:48 PM »
 fucking awful

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2022, 08:21:09 PM »
Hopefully TJ & Nak will put more footage out elsewhere. Weren't seeing shit from them on FA.

rukes

• Rep: 214
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2022, 08:29:07 PM »
Tyshawn seems like a pretty smart dude, with his restaurant, hardware brand, adidas pro shoe, modelling career, he’s diversified his income streams. There’s no reason he can’t make a board company work as well. Good luck to him.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2022, 08:37:11 PM »
kb going off (not really) in his ig stories. don’t know how to post a picture from my phone, but they say: “don’t ask me no fuckin stupid questions” “y’all really think shit funny” “y’all don’t know how to read the room” wonder what this could mean