Author Topic: 2022-23 NFL Season  (Read 11572 times)

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
Re: 2022-23 NFL Season
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2022, 07:01:35 PM »
I didn’t get a chance to see the Tua play. Sounds super heavy. Ryan Fitzpatrick said hard for him to talk about & that’s one of the worst things he’s seen. Tua at University of Cincinnati Medical Center & can move all his extremities. Praying for no long term damage to this legend

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2022, 07:03:53 PM »
Expand Quote
@DaleSr I just realized our teams are facing off in London Sunday morning while you're over there in Ireland.
[close]

I'm stoked that i can enjoy football like i normally do across the pond  8)
Hell yeah! Live it up over there.

Meanwhile, on this Thursday night game, Tua just took an absolutely brutal head/neck injury.  Full on fencing response, never should have been playing in the first place after last weeks hit.

Get hungry on it!

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2022, 07:06:13 PM »
I saw it live and it was pretty gnarly. Fingers were twisted and dude was stiff as a board on the ground and of course the Amazon broadcast replayed like 50 times with more zooms than a supreme video.

thebacker

« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2022, 08:02:46 PM »
why the fuck was tua even eligible to play, such negligence by the league and dolphins medical staff

also get rid of thursday night football

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2022, 08:06:09 PM »
That Tua sack was brutal, hope he is okay.
Cocteau Twins

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2022, 08:08:09 PM »
Yeah that was super gnarly, I saw him wobble on Sunday live too and it looked bad then. Can’t believe he’d be out again in that game so soon, like Dolphins don’t you understand that’s your future right there? Hope he’s alright.

On a positive note, the all white bengals look awesome.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 98
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2022, 08:19:46 PM »
They said Tua will be discharged tonight
Cocteau Twins

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2022, 10:15:36 PM »
why the fuck was tua even eligible to play, such negligence by the league and dolphins medical staff

also get rid of thursday night football

Amazon gave them $13BILLION for 11 years.   It’s not going anywhere. 

What the players NEED is a players union with some balls.   (Also a wholesale culture shift on the perception that brave to play injured and lie to the medics staff about problems.  Not saying that’s the issue here, but it’s a problem in general)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2022, 04:08:15 AM »
Someone needs to be held accountable for tua even being on the field last night. Unacceptable

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2022, 05:15:54 AM »
Someone needs to be held accountable for tua even being on the field last night. Unacceptable

Exactly what i came to post… that medical staff should be ashamed.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2022, 06:46:14 AM »
I really hope Tua's back is ok, 2 back injuries in 5 days is going to be tough to recover from

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2022, 07:34:27 AM »
I really hope Tua's back is ok, 2 back injuries in 5 days is going to be tough to recover from

For sure. It’s way too early in his career. He’s a tough kid though definitely rooting for him. Dude was playing his ass off.   
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2022, 07:53:15 AM »
The NFL knew damn well he wasn't fit to play, but their "independent" Dr. cleared him cause he's the hottest thing out now. The dude could barely walk and they have the nerve to tell the general public he didn't have a concussion like we're all fucking idiots.

Its the perfect example of how the NFL just arbitrarily decides things based on what's best for them.

They don't care about misconduct allegations until it becomes a PR problem, then with furrowed brows and feigned concern they send in their people to "get to the bottom of it."

Anyone with 2 eyes and a brain could tell you he was concussed and shouldn't have played, but since its a prime-time game with one of the hottest NFL players out, the NFL Dr. came to the astute and totally uninfluenced independent observation that he was in fact not concussed and that the rest of us can all go fuck ourselves because we are not doctors.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2022, 08:19:39 AM »
your take, its correct.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2022, 11:26:54 AM »
This will likely be an unpopular opinion but I don't think the first one was a concussion and I think people are kinda overreacting about the one last night. I don't buy that they would trot out their young, injury prone franchise QB if he wasn't actually healthy enough to play, especially for a non-division game early in the season. They're not going to risk that, and besides what coach would actually want a concussed person playing the most important & cognitively demanding  position on the field?

With the one last night I know it looked brutal but fencing response is actually super common when you get knocked out, as any mma or boxing fan can attest, and in most cases the person is back on their feet within minutes. I know they have to play it safe with anything head/neck related in the NFL but this stuff happens nearly every week (albeit without 60 slow mo replays) and they usually miss a game or two at most. It's really not out of the ordinary or something I'm overly concerned about, and I have him on a couple fantasy squads. It wasn't a dirty hit so there's no reason to be upset about it from any direction, it aint ballet.

thebacker

« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2022, 01:35:41 PM »
This will likely be an unpopular opinion but I don't think the first one was a concussion and I think people are kinda overreacting about the one last night. I don't buy that they would trot out their young, injury prone franchise QB if he wasn't actually healthy enough to play, especially for a non-division game early in the season. They're not going to risk that, and besides what coach would actually want a concussed person playing the most important & cognitively demanding  position on the field?

With the one last night I know it looked brutal but fencing response is actually super common when you get knocked out, as any mma or boxing fan can attest, and in most cases the person is back on their feet within minutes. I know they have to play it safe with anything head/neck related in the NFL but this stuff happens nearly every week (albeit without 60 slow mo replays) and they usually miss a game or two at most. It's really not out of the ordinary or something I'm overly concerned about, and I have him on a couple fantasy squads. It wasn't a dirty hit so there's no reason to be upset about it from any direction, it aint ballet.

the staggering once he gets up after that first "concussion" is super suspect. the real issue is that he gets knocked out less than a week after that first one which makes getting knocked out exponentially worse.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2022, 03:34:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

the staggering once he gets up after that first "concussion" is super suspect. the real issue is that he gets knocked out less than a week after that first one which makes getting knocked out exponentially worse.

For real this shit compounds. I don't wanna see another Luke Keuchley weeping on the cart and not knowing why

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2022, 05:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It just looked like his knee or back went out to me, and I really think the idea that they're going to risk a guy they've invested that much in for a meaningless September game is borderline conspiracy theory level logic. They have far, far more to lose than gain in that situation and again I don't know of any NFL coach (even our incompetent ass one) who would actually want a concussed player running their offense. The position is far more mentally demanding than any other and requires almost instantaneous recognition, analysis, and decision making. There's also the fact the NFL is still embroiled in a shit ton of concussion related litigation and it's been a point of emphasis for a few years now.

Do I think theyd hold him out of genuine concern for his health? No, of course not. The NFL is run by like 80% ultracapitalist scumbags. But that's precisely why I don't buy it for a second. They have far too much invested in the kid to risk doing something like that for so little gain, especially when they're already under scrutiny for having a scumbag owner and just lost their first round pick because of it. They're definitely on their best behavior.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to buy that it was two unrelated incidents and the proper protocol was followed. I know that's not the sexy headline, but it's really all I saw.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2022, 10:46:43 AM »
This will likely be an unpopular opinion but I don't think the first one was a concussion and I think people are kinda overreacting about the one last night.
Well at least you put a disclaimer out there before your statement. BF, I always enjoy reading your sports posts. Nowadays , way more more in sports than skating. Love how we have a few small pockets on this forum to discuss sports . Quite a tragedy that I have very few people to discuss sports with in real life . There’s my disclaimer , now to business: HARD disagree on your view. Miami wrong on many fronts. Place most blame on medical staff. Don’t care if you’re pressured by upper mgmt, owner, coach, etc. You are the subject matter expert in your field , hold your ground , don’t be a pushover, you failed Tua. If this was real life & not NFL, literally be a felony … medical malpractice aka professional negligence . This whole situation classic Varsity Blues 

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

thebacker

« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2022, 11:51:33 AM »
go birds

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2022, 02:12:46 PM »
https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/nfl-bad-boy-antonio-brown-caught-exposing-himself-to-hotel-guests

Nah, he tweakin

Looked more like he was twerkin to me.

Jokes aside, that's straight up sexual assault and if he isn't arrested I hope that chick takes him to the cleaners for it in civil court. Not that he'll actually pay, he's still infamous in the burgh for how many people he stiffed.

As much as I like to shit on Mike Tomlin for being the most overrated underachiever of a coach in the league, the best testament to his tenure is that he somehow kept both this clown and local rapper Leveon Bell mostly behaving for a long time.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2022, 02:58:25 PM »
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1576277263770914819?s=46&t=JiaxSaTWCVzN2dZSbHqAHQ

Looks like the dude who gave the initial assessment REALLY fucked up and missed a ton of shit and as a result has been sacked

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2022, 05:52:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1576277263770914819?s=46&t=JiaxSaTWCVzN2dZSbHqAHQ

Looks like the dude who gave the initial assessment REALLY fucked up and missed a ton of shit and as a result has been sacked
As if we needed more evidence that the flap is completely useless.

Get hungry on it!

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2022, 07:08:56 PM »

Get hungry on it!

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2022, 08:42:37 AM »
The Vikings fake punt was beautiful.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2022, 08:50:02 AM »

“Mistakes”

What a fucking joke.

Also: Go Birds

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2022, 10:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

“Mistakes”

What a fucking joke.

Also: Go Birds

https://twitter.com/b1ackschefter/status/1576364098446450688?s=42&t=_PTeaDGrz3sDK0D8V-QK9g

Go Birds
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2022, 10:48:15 AM »
The Vikings fake punt was beautiful.
Yeah that shit was intense. I swear time slowed down while that ball was in the air!

Get hungry on it!

thebacker

« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2022, 01:37:47 PM »
Go birds