Author Topic: 2022-23 NFL Season  (Read 11503 times)

Ayjerry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: 2022-23 NFL Season
« Reply #510 on: February 12, 2023, 10:02:28 PM »
Great game. Instant classic. Props to the Chiefs. Hope the officiating crew got their wire transfers on time too.

Precisely. Absolutely ruined an amazing game. I do not even watch football but always tune in for the super bowl. Chiefs had a stellar second half, eagles had an abysmal second half.

But Hurts has what it takes to make a clutch drive when needed. And 90 seconds would’ve been enough, at least to get into FG territory. Shameful. They weren’t robbed of the game. It was gonna be 38-35 either way. They were robbed of the opportunity of the last drive. Would’ve been the most exciting game I’ve ever seen

thebacker

« Reply #511 on: February 13, 2023, 05:11:14 AM »
GG Chiefs

what the fuck was that field tho?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #512 on: February 13, 2023, 10:31:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Great game. Instant classic. Props to the Chiefs. Hope the officiating crew got their wire transfers on time too.
[close]

Precisely. Absolutely ruined an amazing game. I do not even watch football but always tune in for the super bowl. Chiefs had a stellar second half, eagles had an abysmal second half.

But Hurts has what it takes to make a clutch drive when needed. And 90 seconds would’ve been enough, at least to get into FG territory. Shameful. They weren’t robbed of the game. It was gonna be 38-35 either way. They were robbed of the opportunity of the last drive. Would’ve been the most exciting game I’ve ever seen
That is what trips me out. 38-35 was the outcome either way penalty or not but it’s the Super Bowl let the other team have a shot. And it’s really hard to believe Hurts wouldn’t have gotten close to field goal range even though they lost momentum in that second half.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -50
« Reply #513 on: February 14, 2023, 08:04:47 AM »
GG Chiefs

what the fuck was that field tho?

I believe they were playing on an ice skating rink painted to look like a football field.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #514 on: February 17, 2023, 08:50:56 PM »
Hell of a game. I don't think the refs changed the outcome in any way but it's the SB, swallow your fucking whistle dude. I am happy to say that with a clutch Hurts/Pacheco/Toney DFS lineup I pushed my streak of playoff profit to 4 straight seasons.

So I guess that field was using a blend of grass that's typically used on golf courses. My friend who does that for a living said that grass is more about being cheap and easy to maintain than being the best choice for that climate, and it was also probably over watered or having drainage issues to be clumping out and sliding off the dirt the way it was. Apparently the whole field sits in a tray and slides in and out of the stadium, so I'm wondering if they just weren't rolling it out into the sun enough with all the preparations and rehearsals etc.

Can't wait for the tell all exposé about how the league wanted the greenest grass possible and forced them to use it.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1438
« Reply #515 on: March 10, 2023, 02:58:06 PM »
Reviving since we don't usually run a general NFL thread but holy shit

Bears trading #1 pick to Carolina for

No. 9 pick
No. 61
2024 first rounder
2025 second rounder
And DJ Moore

Insane

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #516 on: March 10, 2023, 03:55:56 PM »
Damn not a bad haul.. they must have their QB picked out. This draft I’m nervous. No real unanimous number 1 quarterback imo. Watch them take Anthony Richardson…

@Buttfart Rapedick thoughts on this QB class?
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #517 on: March 10, 2023, 04:45:30 PM »
“Chicago is where wide receivers go to die.” - Muhsin Muhammad
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #518 on: March 10, 2023, 05:04:01 PM »

No. 9 pick
No. 61
2024 first rounder
2025 second rounder
And DJ Moore

Insane

I don't follow the draft close enough, but surely there's a star QB coming up this year?  Be a shame if they gave up all that for another Jamarcus Russel or Ryan Leaf.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #519 on: March 10, 2023, 05:21:56 PM »
Johnny Knox would certainly agree. I still shudder just thinking about his injury.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #520 on: March 11, 2023, 01:58:37 AM »
Expand Quote

No. 9 pick
No. 61
2024 first rounder
2025 second rounder
And DJ Moore

Insane
[close]

I don't follow the draft close enough, but surely there's a star QB coming up this year?  Be a shame if they gave up all that for another Jamarcus Russel or Ryan Leaf.

Obviously there's no such thing as a guaranteed star, but the qb class is much stronger this year than it was last year. There's 3 fairly polished potential rookie starter guys (Young, Stroud, Levis) and then Anthony Richardson who might actually be more athletic than Lamar but struggled and showed signs of regressing last year. All of them will likely go round 1 and I wouldnt be super shocked if all went in the top 10.

I'm not even sure they're going to take a qb to be honest, but if they do and it's Richardson I'm gonna laugh so hard

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #521 on: March 11, 2023, 03:36:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

No. 9 pick
No. 61
2024 first rounder
2025 second rounder
And DJ Moore

Insane
[close]

[close]

Obviously there's no such thing as a guaranteed star, but the qb class is much stronger this year than it was last year. There's 3 fairly polished potential rookie starter guys (Young, Stroud, Levis) and then Anthony Richardson who might actually be more athletic than Lamar but struggled and showed signs of regressing last year. All of them will likely go round 1 and I wouldnt be super shocked if all went in the top 10.

I'm not even sure they're going to take a qb to be honest, but if they do and it's Richardson I'm gonna laugh so hard

He’s going to Highlander the Richardson that just passed away (I know not the owner anymore)

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #522 on: March 11, 2023, 10:34:24 AM »
😂
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 877
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #523 on: March 11, 2023, 10:58:27 AM »

No. 9 pick
No. 61
2024 first rounder
2025 second rounder
And DJ Moore

Insane

Still can’t believe they got DJ in the deal, I am excite. Would LOVE to see a Jalen Hurts/AJ Brown type of connection to make Fields look elite. Hope they can get some FA O Line signings too.

Hey now, Moose may have been right but shut up.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #524 on: March 15, 2023, 12:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote

No. 9 pick
No. 61
2024 first rounder
2025 second rounder
And DJ Moore

Insane
[close]

Still can’t believe they got DJ in the deal, I am excite. Would LOVE to see a Jalen Hurts/AJ Brown type of connection to make Fields look elite. Hope they can get some FA O Line signings too.

Expand Quote
[close]

Hey now, Moose may have been right but shut up.

If Chase Claypool didn't make a difference I dunno if another deep threat like DJ will either. He is a more polished route runner but honestly Im not sure if Fields will ever develop a true star receiver rapport, much like Vick never really did. His game is a lot more improvised and "selfish" than Hurts and he seems to trust his feet a lot more than his arm.

A lot of the time last year it seemed like their drives would stall out when he couldn't run or they'd get into this weird pattern of either running it into stacked boxes or hopelessly heaving a pass 30 yards down the field even when theres 2 high safeties. I don't know if that was a lack of intermediate plays being called or him not having the confidence to make tight window throws or what, but I think a better move in terms of getting him to the elite level would be bringing in a pure receiving back (maybe kick the tires on Tarik Cohen?) and adding a check down game that will free up space at the second level. Vick played his best ball when he had Shady McCoy lining up in the backfield with him to keep linebackers and safeties honest and I suspect it would be a similar story with Fields.

Now that Montgomery is gone to the Lions (presumably to replace Jamaal Williams) I'm interested to see if they stick to running the ball so much. I suppose they'll bring someone in or draft someone to complement Herbert, but one of Montgomery's strengths was his durability so I wonder if they'll target someone like Kareem Hunt or Jamaal. I would maybe try to get Donta Foreskin or a bruiser like that if they're gonna run 60 times a game again.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1438
« Reply #525 on: March 15, 2023, 02:19:57 PM »
Never forget Jamaal's hard knocks speech  :'(

WE CAN MAKE IT

Edit: and now he's a saint! Let's fucking go
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 05:19:06 PM by DaleSr »

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #526 on: March 15, 2023, 08:29:07 PM »
Little late but ecstatic I don’t have to retire my Lamar jersey yet