Author Topic: 2022-23 NFL Season  (Read 11525 times)

thebacker

Re: 2022-23 NFL Season
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2022, 06:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
That and Darius Slay hunting Kirk like a deer
[close]
and simultaneously eating Jefferson's lunch.

Beeda Weeda

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2022, 09:48:48 AM »
I saw something online like he’s a method actor cosplaying as Peyton Manning lmao..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2022, 09:52:52 AM »

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2022, 10:11:25 AM »

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2022, 10:12:25 AM »
Broncos country, let’s ride!

Hated that during the game last night they danced around the deshaun Watson situation. Pretty awful that they can’t say even “sexual misconduct allegations” when it was numerous rapes. Instead Al Michaels saying “I’d clean up my act for $250M guaranteed”….. like what the fuck? I just hate the way this is now swept under the rug. 11 games is a joke and fuck the Browns.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2022, 10:47:33 AM »

Hated that during the game last night they danced around the deshaun Watson situation. Pretty awful that they can’t say even “sexual misconduct allegations” when it was numerous rapes. Instead Al Michaels saying “I’d clean up my act for $250M guaranteed”….. like what the fuck? I just hate the way this is now swept under the rug. 11 games is a joke and fuck the Browns.

Collingsworth and Michaels are both absolute hacks

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2022, 01:34:42 PM »
Give me Romo on the call any day though ..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2022, 02:06:19 PM »

And keep brees far away from the broadcast

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2022, 06:33:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And keep brees far away from the broadcast
Romo is such a natural in the booth.  And yeah, Brees not so much..

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2022, 12:03:19 PM »

I just pray someone has the guts to make a joke about Deshaun and Robert Kraft hanging out together or having similar interests when the Browns play the Pats.

Fuck Brownie the elf. And really, really fuck Matt Canada. They won't have the balls to can him but he is easily the worst OC in the NFL and has been for a few years now. The fact he had a hall of fame qb and one of the most talented young receiving corps in the league for his entire tenure covered up how truly awful his playbook is but its all being laid bare now. I feel bad for Pickens and Claypool who would be absolute superstars on a team with a real OC, but I feel even worse for our defense. They're out there like 85% of the game because we get first downs as often as other teams score points. And when they force a turnover they get rewarded by watching yet another 3 and out.

At this point you need to either put Pickett in and see if he can do something with this garbage playbook or just totally take the play calling out of Canada's hands and let Trubisky run the offense the way he wants. It straight up cannot be any worse than this shit show. There should never, ever be a game where you have 5 interceptions and only win by sheer luck but I legit think that might be the only game we win unless we change something soon.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2022, 12:05:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just pray someone has the guts to make a joke about Deshaun and Robert Kraft hanging out together or having similar interests when the Browns play the Pats.

Fuck Brownie the elf. And really, really fuck Matt Canada. They won't have the balls to can him but he is easily the worst OC in the NFL and has been for a few years now. The fact he had a hall of fame qb and one of the most talented young receiving corps in the league for his entire tenure covered up how truly awful his playbook is but its all being laid bare now. I feel bad for Pickens and Claypool who would be absolute superstars on a team with a real OC, but I feel even worse for our defense. They're out there like 85% of the game because we get first downs as often as other teams score points. And when they force a turnover they get rewarded by watching yet another 3 and out.

At this point you need to either put Pickett in and see if he can do something with this garbage playbook or just totally take the play calling out of Canada's hands and let Trubisky run the offense the way he wants. It straight up cannot be any worse than this shit show. There should never, ever be a game where you have 5 interceptions and only win by sheer luck but I legit think that might be the only game we win unless we change something soon.

Mitch looks fucking horrible but that's not news. Put the rookie in because you're just wasting possessions with trubisky

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2022, 02:25:09 PM »
Yeah Mitch certainly won’t be the guy, I watched way too many games of him missing guys and boneheaded plays with a random bootleg completion to the right sprinkled in.

But with Watt out I’m not sure the Steelers will be competing this year so depending on the schedule they don’t need to throw Pickett in right away.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2022, 05:58:03 PM »
I’m not very deep into nFL but are there any juicy theories on why the bears drafted trubisky 2nd?    Just because he’s a white QB?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2022, 08:35:41 PM »
I’m not very deep into nFL but are there any juicy theories on why the bears drafted trubisky 2nd?    Just because he’s a white QB?

Pace liked him for some reason. Draft rooms are weird places. Sometimes a gm takes a big swing. Why did the kings and suns take Marvin Bagley and deandre ayton over luka? Mitch probably looked like a dual threat qb coming into the draft, but now with hindsight, obviously mahomes is way better

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2022, 09:06:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pace liked him for some reason. Draft rooms are weird places. Sometimes a gm takes a big swing. Why did the kings and suns take Marvin Bagley and deandre ayton over luka? Mitch probably looked like a dual threat qb coming into the draft, but now with hindsight, obviously mahomes is way better

Gotcha - my distant view of everything was that it was a very shocking pick bc he would have been around a lot later on

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2022, 09:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Gotcha - my distant view of everything was that it was a very shocking pick bc he would have been around a lot later on

Yeah pace probably fell in love with him as a prospect and was over eager, thinking his competition also valued him that highly. If they were smart they probably could have taken him in later rounds

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2022, 07:27:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Mitch looks fucking horrible but that's not news. Put the rookie in because you're just wasting possessions with trubisky

I wish I could say I think that would make a difference but I genuinely don't.

On the rare occasions they've let him throw down field he's looked fine. Actually we've dropped a few shoulda been chunk plays, but it's so easy to read what we're doing that most plays are dead in the water before we even snap it. I don't necessarily think Pickett is going to fare any better because it's not like Mitch is missing the throws when they're there, there's just not really anything there.

There's not a lot you can do when your OC calls the first deep shot of the game on 3rd and 4 in your own end down a score in the 4th quarter...aka the first time all game you should have been conservative. It's shit you can learn playing fucking madden 95 on the genesis but our 6 and 7 figure salary coaching staff is seemingly oblivious to it. I guess I shouldnt really be surprised considering our head coach still hasnt figured out how to use timeouts after almost 2 decades in the league.

I don't think Mitch is playing good football or anything, but I honestly think almost no QB could succeed with what he's being given to work with, and that feels like such a ludicrous thing to say given how talented our receiving corps is.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2022, 11:27:26 AM »

How i feel watching this saints game. Matt rhule should not be whipping our ass like this

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2022, 11:48:54 AM »
I’m thoroughly enjoying watching my team beat up on Carson Wentz.

Always fun watching a bunch of Commies take a beatdown.

Go Birds.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2022, 11:57:12 AM »
Dameon Pierce has arrived! Wow faster than expected.
Only took 3 weeks to get adapted to pro ball. 
 The prophecy fulfilled…

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2022, 01:55:22 PM »
Bears winning on good defense and turnovers, solid rushing attack, terrible qb play and Lovie Smith making a dumb challenge.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2022, 02:05:07 PM »
I’m thoroughly enjoying watching my team beat up on Carson Wentz.

Always fun watching a bunch of Commies take a beatdown.

Go Birds.

I knew playing the eagles d against him would be a good move a week after they torched Kirk cousins

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »
Lamar once again looked great. Ravens need to pay that man. He is the team. Defense is too much bend and chance of break right now. Run game needs to get figured out. Big game against the bills next week. Also Dolphins are just rolling. Eagles might be the best team in the NFC.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2022, 04:39:28 PM »
Love that the Vikings had a come from behind win, even though it was largely in part to Detroit shooting themselves in the foot at the end.  But I'll take it.

Get hungry on it!

thebacker

« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2022, 10:45:23 AM »
jalen hurts NFC offensive player of the month  8)

go birds

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2022, 01:59:37 PM »
@DaleSr I just realized our teams are facing off in London Sunday morning while you're over there in Ireland.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2022, 03:57:09 PM »
@DaleSr I just realized our teams are facing off in London Sunday morning while you're over there in Ireland.

I'm stoked that i can enjoy football like i normally do across the pond  8)